THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Taking sides in the Civil War

Go down 
+4
Sarcron
Braden Campbell
Barking Agatha
fisheyes
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Braden Campbell
Kabalite Warrior
Braden Campbell

Taking sides in the Civil War Empty
PostSubject: Taking sides in the Civil War   Taking sides in the Civil War I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14 2020, 14:40

Wondering which side some you stand on as conflict continues to rip apart this once-beautiful city; who here supports the rule of Vect, and who among us have embraced the teachings of Yvraine?
Back to top Go down
Barking Agatha
Wych
Barking Agatha

PostSubject: Re: Taking sides in the Civil War   Taking sides in the Civil War I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14 2020, 18:15

I'm drukhari and care for little beyond my own addiction to extreme thrills. That being said, Vect brings our people some semblance of order and cohesion, and I'm completely against that. Plus Yvraine is a better dancer.

Not that it matters, as long as we get plenty of agonised screams. Do we even get a choice, though? How exciting!
Back to top Go down
Braden Campbell
Kabalite Warrior
Braden Campbell

PostSubject: Re: Taking sides in the Civil War   Taking sides in the Civil War I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14 2020, 18:34

See, as (one of ?) the last of the 3rd edition Archons, I literally have no idea what's happening in Commorragh any more. I come back to find that there's been a massive Dysjunction and now civil war has broken out between the old establishment and... a bunch of religious puritans? I don't even  know what the Followers of Yvraine want.

Are they going to shut down the theatres/arenas? Make us stop raiding realspace? Eliminate the Kabal system and/or overturn the the Thirteen  Vengences? Because, I've heard a bit of their "preaching" and all I see is the total annihilation of our way of life.

Which I guess makes a Vect supporter...

Last edited by Braden Campbell on Sun Jun 14 2020, 20:02; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sarcron
Sybarite
Sarcron

PostSubject: Re: Taking sides in the Civil War   Taking sides in the Civil War I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14 2020, 19:45

The followers of this 'Yvraine' are little but mad, and not in the fun way. If ignoring them was a possibility, one would. They claim to worship a god of death and present the annihilation of She-Who-Thirsts. A noble goal, but one that would see us all destroyed.

Sarcron
Back to top Go down
Braden Campbell
Kabalite Warrior
Braden Campbell

PostSubject: Re: Taking sides in the Civil War   Taking sides in the Civil War I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14 2020, 20:01

So... you're "team Vect" then, Sarcron?
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Taking sides in the Civil War   Taking sides in the Civil War I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14 2020, 20:18

I am always on the side of the True Kin. Wouldnt say I am on the side of Vect, but I really wouldn't shed a tear if the Ynnari got the Squat treatment.

Taking sides in the Civil War YiVCUio

Last edited by Cavash on Sun Jun 14 2020, 20:49; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Barking Agatha
Wych
Barking Agatha

PostSubject: Re: Taking sides in the Civil War   Taking sides in the Civil War I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14 2020, 20:37

Pfft! I'm a simple gal. Give me untold depths of agony and torment and I'm happy. I'll go with the death witch.
Back to top Go down
Sarcron
Sybarite
Sarcron

PostSubject: Re: Taking sides in the Civil War   Taking sides in the Civil War I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15 2020, 02:39

Braden Campbell wrote:
So... you're "team Vect" then, Sarcron?

Most certainly. That said, I would hardly disparage the destruction of The Great Enemy; I simply refuse to aid them

Sarcron
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Taking sides in the Civil War   Taking sides in the Civil War I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15 2020, 12:27

Barking Agatha wrote:
Pfft! I'm a simple gal. Give me untold depths of agony and torment and I'm happy. I'll go with the death witch.

I do wonder though, if we were able to defeat the great enemy then our souls may very well stop leaking like old buckets. If that is the case would we get such rapture from the agony and torment we cause? I know that before the Fall the Eldar were prone to a nice session of depravity, but would it feel as satisfying when you arent gaining the same level of restoration from it?

Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Taking sides in the Civil War   Taking sides in the Civil War I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15 2020, 13:03

The Witch doesnt like our fleshy monsters for some reason.

I, for one, want the exclusivity of all. No discrimination against surgically altered pain beasts!

Also, only a fool would openly go against Vect. We all know at least 2/3 of those listening to this conversation are reporting back to the Supreme Overlord
Back to top Go down
Barking Agatha
Wych
Barking Agatha

PostSubject: Re: Taking sides in the Civil War   Taking sides in the Civil War I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15 2020, 18:47

Cavash wrote:

I do wonder though, if we were able to defeat the great enemy then our souls may very well stop leaking like old buckets. If that is the case would we get such rapture from the agony and torment we cause? I know that before the Fall the Eldar were prone to a nice session of depravity, but would it feel as satisfying when you arent gaining the same level of restoration from it?

Getting a bit ahead of ourselves, aren't we? But I would delight in the freedom to inflict pain and misery out of the most pure love of cruelty, unmarred by necessity, and to show every prey how deeply and truly I love them as I make them scream and scream until their souls rip from their throats. Unlike perhaps some of my kin I have never felt hatred or contempt for the lesser races. I love them. Just love them to pieces.

It's a good question, though. I don't like good questions. Please stop it.
Back to top Go down
Barking Agatha
Wych
Barking Agatha

PostSubject: Re: Taking sides in the Civil War   Taking sides in the Civil War I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19 2020, 19:32

Too much?

Sorry. Please be reassured that I'm not actually mad, I'm nice to everyone I meet, and I have never deliberately made anyone scream except perhaps with joy. I own an adorable labrador that I walk around the neighbourhood twice a day, stopping to say hi to everyone on the street and giving them lots of sloppy kisses -- from the dog, I mean. I don't do that myself, as that kind of behaviour would probably cause comment.

I did kill a scorpion that got into my living room the other day by smashing it with my shoe, but I felt bad about it.

I'm just playing at being fey and cruel, and maybe I get carried away a little, but please don't look at me like that. Smile
Back to top Go down
Braden Campbell
Kabalite Warrior
Braden Campbell

PostSubject: Re: Taking sides in the Civil War   Taking sides in the Civil War I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19 2020, 20:44

fisheyes wrote:
The Witch doesnt like our fleshy monsters for some reason...

Covens provide more than fleshy monsters - they provide medical services like cloning, regeneration, and face-stretching... cosmetic procedures. If the covens get shut down, we will not only suffer true death, but leave ugly corpses as well.

No, it's simply unacceptable. Supporting Yvraine means opposing 10,000 years of True Kin tradition.
Back to top Go down
Sarcron
Sybarite
Sarcron

PostSubject: Re: Taking sides in the Civil War   Taking sides in the Civil War I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19 2020, 23:45

Braden Campbell wrote:
fisheyes wrote:
The Witch doesnt like our fleshy monsters for some reason...

Covens provide more than fleshy monsters - they provide medical services like cloning, regeneration, and face-stretching... cosmetic procedures. If the covens get shut down, we will not only suffer true death, but leave ugly corpses as well.

No, it's simply unacceptable. Supporting Yvraine means opposing 10,000 years of True Kin tradition.

Quite right, I am not foolish enough to believe that we can go on without the resources of the haemonculi.
And, Agatha, if they are simple enough as to stop after a simple disagreement from yourself, they obviously do not have the right to this sort of debate

Sarcron
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Taking sides in the Civil War   Taking sides in the Civil War I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 20 2020, 09:39

Or there was nothing else to be said, but whatever keeps your raider aloft Razz I take my pride from being told it was a good question, and I really didnt think there was any need for apoligies on Agatha's part.

However if continuation is so badly desired Razz if you want to be in the side of these new fangled Eldar with their dashing character models then cool, but our pantheon died to a god that has yet failed to kill me. Every year I exist is sticking the proverbial finger up at Slaanesh. Naturally I am also too good of an Archon to experience true death, so I dont see the pain I cause as neccessity rather than mocking a god that still cannot claim me.

Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Taking sides in the Civil War   Taking sides in the Civil War I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27 2020, 10:11

I'm 100% on the side of the Ynnari. None of them are asking the True Kin to give up torture, mayhem, and slaughter. The only thing they have to lose is the devouring teeth of Slaanesh.
Back to top Go down
PartridgeKing
Sybarite
PartridgeKing

PostSubject: Re: Taking sides in the Civil War   Taking sides in the Civil War I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03 2020, 16:50

The Coven of the Shattered Helix would never accept the actions of any who might destabilise the harmony of the Dark City. Especially those who would consider our own affairs and legitimate business interests as unacceptable.

A stitch in time, saves nine.

---

The Templar & The Alien - Battle Report

---

No Rest for the Wicked, a UK based Warhammer 40,000 LARP
Back to top Go down
harlokin
Kabalite Warrior
harlokin

PostSubject: Re: Taking sides in the Civil War   Taking sides in the Civil War I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23 2020, 09:49

The True Kin have no need of gods.

Anyway, "civil war" is a very dramatic way of describing what will be a brief but enjoyable purge of a handful of deluded religious fanatics.

Kabal of the Mon-Keigh's Paw
Coven of the Screaming Statues
Cult of Veiled Malice
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taking sides in the Civil War   Taking sides in the Civil War I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Taking sides in the Civil War
Page 1 of 1