THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Extra Blasters for Kabalite Squads

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dark Starr
Slave
Dark Starr

Extra Blasters for Kabalite Squads Empty
PostSubject: Extra Blasters for Kabalite Squads   Extra Blasters for Kabalite Squads I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04 2020, 10:54

Hi I'm a newbie looking to build my army and I've bought 2xKabalite warrior boxes plus the Wych box set with the Venom, etc. On reading some of the sample army lists I've noticed some like to have at least one Blaster per 5 man squad, yet there is only one per box. Where would you aquire exra Blasters or are their parts you can convert to make you're own?
Back to top Go down
Sarcron
Sybarite
Sarcron

PostSubject: Re: Extra Blasters for Kabalite Squads   Extra Blasters for Kabalite Squads I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04 2020, 22:38

I made mine from the shredder provided, but I know that's not a very popular method. I believe there's some tutorials on using the dark lance and blast pistol, but that just seems wasteful. The 'best' option I've found is to just buy extra, from places like bitz or the like.

I don't remember the rules on links to other sites, so I'll err on the side of caution, and just say that Archon 3D Smiths is a very good site for finding things aeldar related that you don't want to buy 4 boxes for: scourge weapons, raider->ravager conversion bits, helmets, and of course, blasters and special weapons

Sarcron

Dark Starr likes this post

Back to top Go down
Dark Starr
Slave
Dark Starr

PostSubject: Re: Extra Blasters for Kabalite Squads   Extra Blasters for Kabalite Squads I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05 2020, 09:46

Thank you for your answer Sarcron, that has paused me to question which weapon would be more useful in a squad?

I've read on a Facebook page you can use a splinter rifle and a blast pitol to make one, are these acceptable?
Back to top Go down
Sarcron
Sybarite
Sarcron

PostSubject: Re: Extra Blasters for Kabalite Squads   Extra Blasters for Kabalite Squads I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05 2020, 22:08

That would be an easy way to do it, provided you don't want your blast pistols

Sarcron
Back to top Go down
PartridgeKing
Sybarite
PartridgeKing

PostSubject: Re: Extra Blasters for Kabalite Squads   Extra Blasters for Kabalite Squads I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20 2020, 12:33

So I think the standard response is "use any DE weapon, and explain what it is meant to represent. Your opponent won't know the differences between our weapons anyway."

For conversions using the 'head' of the blast pistols works wonders, otherwise personally I'd say dip into any bits box you have and make clearly 'non-splinter rifle' weapons and then explain - which I suppose is a variation of the above.

I made a load of options for my Trueborn and none of them are identical but its clear they're not just splinter rifles.
Extra Blasters for Kabalite Squads 16_6_110
Extra Blasters for Kabalite Squads 16_6_111

A stitch in time, saves nine.

---

The Templar & The Alien - Battle Report

---

No Rest for the Wicked, a UK based Warhammer 40,000 LARP
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Extra Blasters for Kabalite Squads   Extra Blasters for Kabalite Squads I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Extra Blasters for Kabalite Squads
Page 1 of 1