THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

ICs joining embarked units

Go down 
+3
Count Adhemar
Thor665
Phiandros
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Phiandros
Kabalite Warrior

ICs joining embarked units Empty
PostSubject: ICs joining embarked units   ICs joining embarked units I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 18 2014, 05:46

Could I get my IC join a squad of whatever embarked on a transport providing there is room and ic can move in range to embark?
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: ICs joining embarked units   ICs joining embarked units I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 18 2014, 06:21

Page 79 of the rulebook covers this sort of stuff.

The basic answer is that, yes, an IC can join an embarked unit by also embarking on the transport if there is room to do so.

Back to top Go down
Phiandros
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: ICs joining embarked units   ICs joining embarked units I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 18 2014, 08:02

Thanks for both the reference and the answer! Will check it out!
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: ICs joining embarked units   ICs joining embarked units I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 18 2014, 09:51

As long as they're not an allied IC that's absolutely fine. Allies cannot embark on each others transports, even battle brothers.

kourac31
Kabalite Warrior
kourac31

PostSubject: Re: ICs joining embarked units   ICs joining embarked units I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 26 2014, 03:33

Does that also work for the archon with his court ?

Wych
Barrywise

PostSubject: Re: ICs joining embarked units   ICs joining embarked units I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 26 2014, 04:08

oooh...i don't know about that because the court counts as a unit right? so although there is an IC in it, not all the models are IC, so i don't think so. that would be like having 2 units of 5 wyches in one raider

Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: ICs joining embarked units   ICs joining embarked units I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 26 2014, 05:50

kourac31 wrote:
Does that also work for the archon with his court ?

The court are their own unit no different to any other unit in the game once the game begins

Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: ICs joining embarked units   ICs joining embarked units I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 26 2014, 07:19

Note also that 7e removed the restriction on Battle Brothers riding in allied transports.

kourac31
Kabalite Warrior
kourac31

PostSubject: Re: ICs joining embarked units   ICs joining embarked units I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 27 2014, 00:10

I was wondering about taking the tantalus as a dédicated transport and it is only accessible to the archon and his court. Can i take it only with the archon ?

Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: ICs joining embarked units   ICs joining embarked units I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 27 2014, 07:26

You can also take it as a heavy support choice

Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: ICs joining embarked units   ICs joining embarked units I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 27 2014, 12:38

kourac31 wrote:
I was wondering about taking the tantalus as a dédicated transport and it is only accessible to the archon and his court. Can i take it only with the archon ?

No. It an option for the court, not the archon

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
kourac31
Kabalite Warrior
kourac31

PostSubject: Re: ICs joining embarked units   ICs joining embarked units I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 27 2014, 19:22

But since it is not written (unless I miss it) that you can only have 1 unit in a transport, and since it is possible to board a transport and after it could do its full move (rather than 6" if you disenbark), could I have the archon + 1 fig from the court to get the tantalus (capacity of 16 infantry), then embark another unit in it at my movement phase ?

Forget I just read again the rule and it is written in bold the limitation to 1 unit + IC.

sorry for the question
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ICs joining embarked units   ICs joining embarked units I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ICs joining embarked units
Page 1 of 1