THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Embarked units and shooting

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
closecraig
Hellion
closecraig

Embarked units and shooting Empty
PostSubject: Embarked units and shooting   Embarked units and shooting I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 01 2017, 07:59

Hi all,

Just looking for clarification, if i have a unit embarked on a transport - if that transport moves, does the unit embarked count as having moved for the rule regarding shooting weapons? I cant see any clarification in the rulebook leaks.
Back to top Go down
closecraig
Hellion
closecraig

PostSubject: Re: Embarked units and shooting   Embarked units and shooting I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 01 2017, 08:00

Same though applies to the transport advancing.
Back to top Go down
Hellstrom
Wych
Hellstrom

PostSubject: Re: Embarked units and shooting   Embarked units and shooting I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 01 2017, 09:05

Assuming we are just talking about Venoms and Raiders (that's where half of the rules are), Advancing stops the transport and it's contents from shooting. Falling back means the transports can still shoot, but the contents cannot. I can't see anything that mentions moving affecting either, so might be full BS for that one!! The first good thing I've seen so far in 8th for us.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Embarked units and shooting   Embarked units and shooting I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 01 2017, 09:18

I seem to recall seeing something along the lines of the passengers following the same rules as the transport itself in terms of what they can shoot. So if the transport advances the passengers can shoot assault weapons at -1 to hit, heavy weapons are -1 to hit if the transport moves etc.
Back to top Go down
closecraig
Hellion
closecraig

PostSubject: Re: Embarked units and shooting   Embarked units and shooting I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 01 2017, 09:19

Hellstrom wrote:
Assuming we are just talking about Venoms and Raiders (that's where half of the rules are), Advancing stops the transport and it's contents from shooting.  Falling back means the transports can still shoot, but the contents cannot.  I can't see anything that mentions moving affecting either, so might be full BS for that one!!  The first good thing I've seen so far in 8th for us.

Cheers for the reply.

I'm not sure if advancing would as both the Splinter Cannon and Dark Lance (Once added to a vehicle) have assault. So I would assume we could still advance but with a -1 to shoot. The crew inside though, not sure!
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Embarked units and shooting   Embarked units and shooting I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 01 2017, 09:36

closecraig wrote:
I'm not sure if advancing would as both the Splinter Cannon and Dark Lance (Once added to a vehicle) have assault.

Dark Lances get that rule on Raiders (and presumably Ravagers) but Splinter Cannons don't get it on Venoms so they remain Rapid Fire 3 (stupidly).
Back to top Go down
closecraig
Hellion
closecraig

PostSubject: Re: Embarked units and shooting   Embarked units and shooting I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 01 2017, 09:48

Count Adhemar wrote:
closecraig wrote:
I'm not sure if advancing would as both the Splinter Cannon and Dark Lance (Once added to a vehicle) have assault.

Dark Lances get that rule on Raiders (and presumably Ravagers) but Splinter Cannons don't get it on Venoms so they remain Rapid Fire 3 (stupidly).

Right ofcourse, yes - Splinter cannons now Rapid Fire. Urgh.
Back to top Go down
Scrz
Sybarite
Scrz

PostSubject: Re: Embarked units and shooting   Embarked units and shooting I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 01 2017, 13:05

It saves us 15 pts on the venom now since it is probably not going to be worth taking the second cannon for a little bit of range and only one extra shot. At least it is not going to be an auto include any more.
Back to top Go down
Hen Tai, the tentacle guy
Sybarite
Hen Tai, the tentacle guy

PostSubject: Re: Embarked units and shooting   Embarked units and shooting I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 01 2017, 14:13

Venom is still 12 shots at 18", I usually drop to 18" to make use of kabalites with blasters anyway, so I don't see it as a huge nerf. If venoms are transporting cc, you still need to move in close.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Embarked units and shooting   Embarked units and shooting I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Embarked units and shooting
Page 1 of 1