THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :)

Go down 
+26
Count Adhemar
False Son
amishprn86
The Strange Dark One
Talos
Burnage
Soulless Samurai
megatrons2nd
Swordxart
Eldur
lament.config
albions-angel
Uramael
Archon_91
Denegaar
Kalmah
Darklord
Dreadblizzaard
Scrz
Skulnbonz
Sarcron
Glass Battleaxe
Cerve
Barking Agatha
dumpeal
Oaka
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :) - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :)   So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10 2020, 08:17

What I remember most was GW holding an event at Warhammer World on the weekend of the rules launch and requiring those rules to be used! Players basically had to buy and read the new rules on the morning of a tournament and use them in their games.

amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :)   So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10 2020, 14:33

Thats terrible, but sounds like GW lol.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
False Son
Sybarite
False Son

PostSubject: Re: So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :)   So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11 2020, 01:52

I was in a tournament with the exact same thing, but with Codex: Eldar released that day.
Back to top Go down
sekac
Wych
sekac

PostSubject: Re: So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :)   So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 18 2020, 14:55

Got my first game in against the newnewnewnewest marines today.

They're still bonkers good. They still re-roll everything they need to and that flat damage in close combat is tough to overcome. Dreadnoughts are damn near impossible to kill. The only shooting that's remotely effective against them is haywire, and we just can't take enough of it.

I played a pretty solid game, though I did miss scoring 2 VPs with a couple of brain farts. My opponent made a few more mistakes and had some terrible rolls so he only won by 9 VPs. That should've been a blowout win for him probably 7/10 games.

I'm just going to stick to Crusade until we get a book. I am not a fan of 9th edition thus far.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :)   So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 18 2020, 15:11

I've been doing crusade, but getting some games in vs them. The problem is no one in my area is playing many of the new units other than Indomitus box (no new ATV's, speeders, etc..) so not really sure on the PL of the book as a whole right now as I already learn to handle Eradicators and Bladeguard.

I'm more worried about the ATV's and Chief Apoth, we kill 1-2 ATV's in a unit, they heal 3 wounds and also revive one up to full, given they move 14" we can not out run them well.

Finally, its not marines that are OP, honestly they feel about right, we are just the weak ones. I also play Quins and SoB, both can handle Marines just fine, but DE? lol.

Back to top Go down
sekac
Wych
sekac

PostSubject: Re: So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :)   So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 18 2020, 17:32

Yeah, that's all I mean. We just can't play the same game right now and I'm hoping that changes with a new book. There is zero margin for error. For instance, my biggest misplay was trying to block off the path for his termies and Redemptor. But since he's playing space wolves, every unit has heroic intervention. So the units just heroic intervened into the raider, killed it, and were able to get to my lines the following turn.

Did he outplay me? No, he just has rules that get him out of what would otherwise be an issue. It was my mistake for not remembering they have rules to make them immune to such tactics.

He made a mistake that cost him all 6 of his suppressors on turn 1 before they did anything. He didn't need them.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :)   So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19 2020, 09:12

If it's any consolation, I suspect GW will do their usual bait and switch with ATV's. They're unbelievably good at the moment due to being a solid unit in their own right and because of some funky rules interactions that make no sense. GW will leave them like that for a while until all the meta-chasers have purchased a dozen or so of them, then they'll FAQ the rules to bring them back down to a more reasonable level, probably by excluding them from being resurrected.

Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :)   So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19 2020, 13:06

Count Adhemar wrote:
If it's any consolation, I suspect GW will do their usual bait and switch with ATV's. They're unbelievably good at the moment due to being a solid unit in their own right and because of some funky rules interactions that make no sense. GW will leave them like that for a while until all the meta-chasers have purchased a dozen or so of them, then they'll FAQ the rules to bring them back down to a more reasonable level, probably by excluding them from being resurrected.

or by nerfing down the apothecary so that instead of reviving entirely a model, will return a model with X wounds max to the table, or return it back to 1 wound, something like that.
Back to top Go down
DARK_ARCHON_GAZ_NZ
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :)   So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19 2020, 18:49

Sniping weapons are very important in the game now
Killing those apocs is critical
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :)   So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19 2020, 23:45

Its something like 35 Hexrifles on Wracks to kill a Apoth if he doesn't self heal.

Now, if you had a real sniper like Illic who wounds and hits on 2+ and is -3 3D

Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :)   So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20 2020, 00:11

amishprn86 wrote:
Its something like 35 Hexrifles on Wracks to kill a Apoth if he doesn't self heal.

Now, if you had a real sniper like Illic who wounds and hits on 2+ and is -3 3D

Kinda puts the Soul Seeker to shame, doesn't it?

amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :)   So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20 2020, 00:33

Well everything we have is just worst than everyone else's sadly.

Back to top Go down
sekac
Wych
sekac

PostSubject: Re: So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :)   So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20 2020, 04:56

It's their dreads I fear. We have no good answers aside from DT Reaper (which I do not own). Ravagers do nothing. Talos do nothing and are vaporized immediately.

I decided from the outset that I was going to ignore the Dreads and focus on the marines. I killed all but 4 primaris marines and 4 terminators. I eventually killed 1 dread and brought another one to 2 wounds. But I was extremely lucky. 2 turn in a row I failed 3 invuls with PoF grotesques against Bjorn. He does D6 damage and he rolled 2,1,1 both turns and I passed a FNP both times too.

A phalanx of Bjorn and 2 venerable dreads is a scary thing. We can't shoot it unless we spam dark lances. But we can't efficiently kill primaris if we spam dark lances. And they punch much, much harder than anything we have.

The whole phalanx hits on 2s with re-rolls and often wounds on 2s. Wisdom of the Ancients for re-roll wounds. Hyper efficiency. One of my opponent's blunders was letting his techmarine get drawn away from those dreads, otherwise I wouldn't have even done lasting damage against them either.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :)   So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20 2020, 12:26

I had assumed Drednaughts would be a hard counter to us. We do enjoy D2 weaponry in both CC and at range, so their army-wide rule of -1D hits us harder than most.

There is nothing to say other than we need a new codex (or point pricing as "aggressive" as the marine pricing)
Back to top Go down
Grimcrimm
Kabalite Warrior
Grimcrimm

PostSubject: Re: So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :)   So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21 2020, 09:58

Just got my hands on 9th SM codex tacticals are only 2 points cheaper than intercessors and are the ONLY nonprimaris troop, scouts moved to elites so SM players arent tempted to buy more

Last edited by Grimcrimm on Wed Oct 21 2020, 11:58; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DARK_ARCHON_GAZ_NZ
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :)   So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21 2020, 11:04

Drukhari now have a target rich environment 
Enjoy 🎯😁
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :)   So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21 2020, 13:04

I started reading up on the various Marine Suppliments last night. WOW.

It looks like they were written for 9th, with a lot of rules/abilities that didnt really do much in 8th but will do work in 9th.

Fall back and shoot, deep strike for 1 CP, pre-game redeploy/scout move.

I am blown away. Played a little of the Ultramarines when their suppliment dropped, but clearly didnt look very hard. Overwatch with 4 units like Tau and Heroic Intervention aura is super strong.

I dont have a Marine player in my Meta, so didnt have to go up against Ravinguard deploying 9" away then advance+charge. No wonder you guys were complaining Razz
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :)   So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21 2020, 13:32

They said they were written for 9th lol

Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :)   So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21 2020, 17:03

Yup, my bad.

I think I will give the Marines a spin once my Indomidus box finally arrives (hopefully before the year 40,000, lol). Know your enemy and all that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :)   So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :) - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So, space marines... (warning, I'll rant) :)
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8