THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

secondary objectives

Go down 
+7
fisheyes
Gherma
False Son
amishprn86
Oaka
Fremen
DevilDoll
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
XenosScum
Slave
XenosScum

secondary objectives - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: secondary objectives   secondary objectives - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26 2020, 08:00

Had a thought for lower point games and While We Stand, We Fight: 3 Prophets of flesh haemonculi (or 2 + Rakarth). If your not bringing Talos the 3 vital units are Look Out Sir protected T5 4++ 6+++ with a 4+++ relic and heal D3 warlord trait available on any you want to send up to buff grots. Also kinda fluffy since everything but the Haemonculi are expendable and either failed or were plotting to turn the bosses into sentient soup anyway.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: secondary objectives   secondary objectives - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28 2020, 13:38

While We Stand We Fight is for keeping the 3 most costly MODELS alive, not UNITS.

I made the same mistake when I first read it. Unfortunately Grots will not be your most costly MODEL, and you will need to tailor a list around Talos being the most costly (and honestly, it would not be hard to take out 3 Talos, especially if they are all in 1 squad)
Back to top Go down
Cerve
Hekatrix
Cerve

PostSubject: Re: secondary objectives   secondary objectives - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28 2020, 14:23

fisheyes wrote:
While We Stand We Fight is for keeping the 3 most costly MODELS alive, not UNITS.

I made the same mistake when I first read it. Unfortunately Grots will not be your most costly MODEL, and you will need to tailor a list around Talos being the most costly (and honestly, it would not be hard to take out 3 Talos, especially if they are all in 1 squad)

He is talking about 3x Haemonculi, not Grotesques
Back to top Go down
UmJamLam
Hellion
UmJamLam

PostSubject: Re: secondary objectives   secondary objectives - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28 2020, 22:12

The reason Domination is a viable alternative to Engage is because you have to stay away from the center of the board with Engage and you also have to be wholly within the quarter of the board. If you're playing a 5 objective game, 2 of those objectives are typically very easy to hold and then the third one is usually in no man's land. So if you go first, you just plop a unit on that third objective and get 3 points (which you would have to get all 4 quarters on Engage to score). If you go second, then you just make sure to kill enough of whatever's in the middle to either overtake non-troops units or kill enough troops that a 5 man squad of wracks can steal the objective for you.

I'm not saying you should always take domination, it really only works on 5 objective missions, but my issue with engage on all fronts is that it can force you to put units in exposed positions and even then you're usually only scoring 2 pts on it.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: secondary objectives   secondary objectives - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29 2020, 15:55

TY for the correction @Cerve. I still dont think it is a viable secondary for DE, but I am open to be proved wrong.

That is interesting regarding Domination. I believe it is also scored in your turn, instead of the Command Phase like the Primary missions? It may be situationally good, depending on mission/deployment. Will keep that one in the back of my mind for the next game.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: secondary objectives   secondary objectives - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29 2020, 16:17

It is your turn, but as DE i almost never even would be able to do it outside of 3x5 Grots + Talos and 3 Reapers. Its just so hard to removed 200+ points off 2-3 objectives.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
SCP Yeeman
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: secondary objectives   secondary objectives - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29 2020, 17:57

Also remember too, your opponent knows you have this Secondary. They can/will/should stop you from completing it. I think if we were tough, or built an entire Coven 2k list it becomes much more viable. As stated above, the goal is to grab objectives anyway for Primary, this just incentivizes you even more to do so.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: secondary objectives   secondary objectives - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05 2020, 17:22

Necrons just got their new Codex, along with their faction specific Secondary Objectives.

One of them is an Anti-Engage on All Fronts, where they get points for each table quarter WITHOUT enemy units in them.

Looks like the faction specific Secondaries will be powerful. Marines also got one that is nearly Auto-Include (cant recall the name, but basically 4 VPs each turn)
Back to top Go down
False Son
Sybarite
False Son

PostSubject: Re: secondary objectives   secondary objectives - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05 2020, 19:26

Wow, that's a good Secondary. In addition to being able to kill enemies, you have the enemy working against themselves by going for Primaries.

I fear we will have a Secondary about causing enemy units to fail Morale tests.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: secondary objectives   secondary objectives - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06 2020, 13:44

The pattern (if you can call 2 data points a "pattern") is that each faction will get 3 secondaries. One is terrible, one is OK and one is great.

Then they will put out some "Campaign" supliment where we get new rules/secondaries once the codex cycle is complete.

Im hopeful for 1-2 decent secondaries once our Codex drops. Just cross your fingers its not in the same slot as All Fronts or Scramblers :/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: secondary objectives   secondary objectives - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

secondary objectives
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2