THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Red grief wyches in flayed skull raider?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
FledglingArchon
Slave
FledglingArchon

Red grief wyches in flayed skull raider? Empty
PostSubject: Red grief wyches in flayed skull raider?   Red grief wyches in flayed skull raider? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10 2020, 09:19

Hi

I've been putting together an idea for a first drukhari list and had an idea I wasn't sure I could do.
Is it possible to make a two patrol army with Red Grief and Flayed Skull. And then deploy with the wyches set up inside the Flayed skull transports?

The idea is to have a quick force to tie up the enemy, while the slower, and now transport-less units move up to secure objectives.

Is it a legal setup rules-wise?
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Red grief wyches in flayed skull raider?   Red grief wyches in flayed skull raider? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10 2020, 09:27

There's nothing to stop you putting units with one obsession in a transport with a different obsession if that's what you're asking?

FledglingArchon
Slave
FledglingArchon

PostSubject: Re: Red grief wyches in flayed skull raider?   Red grief wyches in flayed skull raider? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10 2020, 09:33

It is indeed what I'm asking.
Thank you. Can you point me to somewhere in the rules where I can find it mentioned?
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Red grief wyches in flayed skull raider?   Red grief wyches in flayed skull raider? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10 2020, 09:44

Just look at the transport heading on the venom and raider. They are limited to Drukhari, not Kabal or Cult etc.

FledglingArchon likes this post

Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Red grief wyches in flayed skull raider?   Red grief wyches in flayed skull raider? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14 2020, 12:48

That is a great strategy that should absolutely be used if you are running those factions
Back to top Go down
FledglingArchon
Slave
FledglingArchon

PostSubject: Re: Red grief wyches in flayed skull raider?   Red grief wyches in flayed skull raider? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14 2020, 21:52

fisheyes wrote:
That is a great strategy that should absolutely be used if you are running those factions

Thats what I thought.
Seemed like a good fit so I think that will be the template when I begin collecting units.
I'm wondering if it will struggle against an opponent with more vehicles and tougher units.
I suppose the trick is to bog down the opponents scoring troops and try to avoid the big stuff.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Red grief wyches in flayed skull raider?   Red grief wyches in flayed skull raider? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15 2020, 12:56

It is all list dependent. One of the many tricks to play DE is to know what to do in each match-up. You would need to play differently against a Imperial Guard player running lots of Tanks than a Marine player running lots of infantry.

General rule of thumb is to dance around the LOS blocking terrain to try and mitigate enemy firepower. Flayed Skull transports with their +3" move are great at doing this.
Back to top Go down
FledglingArchon
Slave
FledglingArchon

PostSubject: Re: Red grief wyches in flayed skull raider?   Red grief wyches in flayed skull raider? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15 2020, 14:24

fisheyes wrote:
It is all list dependent. One of the many tricks to play DE is to know what to do in each match-up. You would need to play differently against a Imperial Guard player running lots of Tanks than a Marine player running lots of infantry.

General rule of thumb is to dance around the LOS blocking terrain to try and mitigate enemy firepower. Flayed Skull transports with their +3" move are great at doing this.

I see that different opponents require different tactics and has an affect on the units I should put in my list.

I would like to have a go at a Flayed Skull gunboat list. With a bunch of Venoms and Raiders dashing about causing mayhem and keeping the opponent off balance.

Well, first I've got to get started with the collecting units part in the fist place.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Red grief wyches in flayed skull raider?   Red grief wyches in flayed skull raider? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15 2020, 14:53

Dont forget that Tabletop Simulator (TTS for short) exists. Many people (including myself) are mainly playing through that medium. One of the best parts of TTS is that you dont need to buy any models, they all already exist in the Workshop. It really helps you test out units/compositions if you dont already have a sprawling collection of units.
Back to top Go down
FledglingArchon
Slave
FledglingArchon

PostSubject: Re: Red grief wyches in flayed skull raider?   Red grief wyches in flayed skull raider? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16 2020, 10:31

Interesting.
I have no idea what that is I must admit.
Will have to take a look, thank you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Red grief wyches in flayed skull raider?   Red grief wyches in flayed skull raider? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Red grief wyches in flayed skull raider?
Page 1 of 1