THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1500 pt Torunament list

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ILovehashbrowns
Slave
ILovehashbrowns

1500 pt Torunament list Empty
PostSubject: 1500 pt Torunament list   1500 pt Torunament list I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20 2020, 04:03

Hey lads, I just had my first game of 9th in the weekend as a refresher and in preparation for a 1 day 20 player tournament this weekend. I am not hoping to win the event but am hoping to not to get pushed over to easily. Id like to think with some good piloting my list will have a little spunk I'd love to get your advice or warnings on what I should and shouldn't do and any armies and stratagems I should look out for.

++ Patrol Detachment -2CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) [23 PL, -2CP, 470pts] ++

Obsession
. *Custom Cult*: Stimulant Innovators, Test of Skill

+ HQ +

Succubus [3 PL, 60pts]: Archite Glaive, Blast Pistol, Grave Lotus (Combat Drug)

+ Troops +

Wyches [6 PL, 110pts]: Adrenalight (Combat Drug)
. Hekatrix: Hekatarii blade, Splinter pistol
. 9x Wych: 9x Hekatarii blade, 9x Splinter Pistol

+ Fast Attack +

Reavers [14 PL, 300pts]: Painbringer (Combat Drug)
. Arena Champion
. 7x Reaver: 7x Bladevanes, 7x Splinter pistol, 7x Splinter rifle
. Reaver with special weapon (up to 1 for 3 models): Blaster

++ Battalion Detachment 0CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) [56 PL, 12CP, 1,030pts] ++

Obsession: Kabal of the Black Heart

+ HQ +

Archon [4 PL, 65pts]: Huskblade, Labyrinthine Cunning, Splinter pistol, Warlord, Writ of the Living Muse

Archon [4 PL, 65pts]: Huskblade, Splinter pistol

+ Troops +

Kabalite Warriors [3 PL, 45pts]
. 4x Kabalite Warrior: 4x Splinter Rifle

+ Heavy Support +

Ravager [8 PL, 160pts]: Disintegrator cannon, Disintegrator cannon, Disintegrator cannon

Ravager [8 PL, 160pts]: Disintegrator cannon, Disintegrator cannon, Disintegrator cannon

+ Dedicated Transport +

Raider [5 PL, 95pts]: Disintegrator cannon

++ Total: [79 PL, 10CP, 1,500pts] ++
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: 1500 pt Torunament list   1500 pt Torunament list I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20 2020, 12:36

First of all, you can convert that Kabal Battalion into a double Patrol (you still get 3 Ravagers), making your army Realspace Raiders to save you the 3CP. No changes needed, just a flat increase to CP.

You are VERY likely to run into the various flavors of marines. Make sure you are up to date with White Scars, Iron Hands, and probably Salamander tactics. Each one is very different.

White Scars are fast AF. Trying to screen them out (without getting screened/move-blocked yourself) is quite difficult, and requires different tactics than screening out Ultramarines. Space Wolves get army-wide Heroic Intervention, so dont try to move-block them by getting closer than 3" or you will be very unhappy. These are very important distinctions to know, and its not a crime if you keep a cheat-sheet for reference.

Really recommend watching some Youtube videos on the various marine flavors. Some of them (White Scars) play the Dark Eldar game of fast-moving much better than us, while others (Iron Hands) make our Coven units weep with jealously for their durability. Target priority is different for every one.

List itself looks fine. Lots of Dissies to take on an expected Marine meta. You may feel the lack of Coven units for durability, but you know your META better than us.

Most important tip, dont get discouraged if you dont place 1st. DE is an incredibly hard army to play and "feels" underpowered right now. Just taking them to a tournament to represent is a win in my book Wink
Back to top Go down
ILovehashbrowns
Slave
ILovehashbrowns

PostSubject: Re: 1500 pt Torunament list   1500 pt Torunament list I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25 2020, 22:51

My 3 games went really well!

First up was Custodes ( This guys went on to win the day )
He pretty much penned me into a corner and wouldnt let me out, I was able to score a few points with webway guys finishing scramblers for me, and killing 5 or 6 bikers and a crazy strong grav tank, but he reliably killed 2.5 boats per turn. I think I felt the lack of Coven units the worst in this game

Second game was against Nurgle Daemons
One giant unsettling Demon lord I forget the name ( perhaps a great unclean one ) Surrounded by buffing characters and Plaguebearers with a couple of units of plague marines and a daemon prince. I managed to skirt around the majority of his force with my mobility I fed the big demon lord a few raiders to keep him off my back and played the objectives around the outside of the board, Used my reavers to hunt down the plague marines and the demon prince for a convincing win for the Dark Eldar.

Third game was against Salamanders, This was by no means a meta army.
Really fun list though few units of intercessors, 3x primaris infiltrating dreadnoughts, a bit of Heavy support in the back line for fire power and some Frigging Super Dreadnought character.

I got first turn and my reavers slapped one dreadnought into the Abyss and used fire and fade to gtfo in a hurry. All my Dissies brought another dread down to 3 wounds and I used a few Kabalites screened off the counter punch in combat. He responded burning a raider and a ravager in his turn.
Next turn I used my reavers and raiders to finish off the remaining primaris dreads and used my 2x Ravagers left to chop models off his back field heavy support units. Aswell as Web waying in my Wyches to tie up his Thunderfire cannon and nab me some primary points.
Spent the rest of the game killing primaris marines and running from the super dread nought ~ Playing the objective's and focusing fire won me the game.

Really liked the feel of 9th and I am hyped to play more Smile.
Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: 1500 pt Torunament list   1500 pt Torunament list I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26 2020, 11:32

excellent results fellow Archon!
The pits of the Dark City are well pleased! Lot of fresh and diversified slaves for the crowd of the Arenas!

My next future game (really don't know when as here in Québec we are in lock down) but i intend on playing more with my Cult army. Glad to see that they are up to the task!
Reavers seems to have done a lot of good job for you.
Any thought regarding the Hellions? are they viable as they are right now or should we wait for the next codex?
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: 1500 pt Torunament list   1500 pt Torunament list I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26 2020, 12:46

TY for the feedback, always nice to know how various lists ACTUALLY perform in the real world.

Congratulations on the wins! Looks like you played well against the various marine armies.

Any tips for how to play against these armies with DE? Any particular tricks that they pulled that we should be aware of?
Back to top Go down
ILovehashbrowns
Slave
ILovehashbrowns

PostSubject: Re: 1500 pt Torunament list   1500 pt Torunament list I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28 2020, 08:35

Unfortunately Fisheyes I think my game against salamanders was decided by about 3 dice rolls. Winning the roll off to go first then Rolling an 11 on 2d6 from my blasters from the Reaver jetbikes onto the first dreadnought. Had he been able to nuke me with some of those flamers and got a charge off I would've definitely been on the back foot.

The lesson I took from it though, is seeing how powerful those up front fast units got to be so next time I'm forging a list I will be incorporating at least 1 or 2 units that I can use purely for screening effectively.

I cant wait to play more I have been on a long Hiatus (over a year) and this Tourny really revitalised my spirits. I just brought 6 Harlequin Troupes and will be getting a Star weaver shortly (Couldnt get one soon enough Very Happy) Hopefully I can shoehorn them into my Drukhari lists for some extra Clowny Shenanigans.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1500 pt Torunament list   1500 pt Torunament list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1500 pt Torunament list
Page 1 of 1