THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2000 pts mechanized kabal - UPDATED

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
duckduckgoose
Hellion
duckduckgoose

2000 pts mechanized kabal - UPDATED Empty
PostSubject: 2000 pts mechanized kabal - UPDATED   2000 pts mechanized kabal - UPDATED I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13 2020, 19:30

Getting back into the hobby recently and I’ve been doing a lot of reading on Drukhari in 9th edition. I would like to run a fully mechanized list of venoms/raiders/ravages, but that is still fairly competitive. It seems like a lot of the competitive lists around are based on coven, so wanted to see what everyone thinks of this. I'm not sure that I used the Raiding Force configuration in battle scribe correctly. This army would start with 12CP, not 16, correct?

++ Patrol Detachment 0CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) [24 PL, 16CP, 466pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Battle Size [12CP]: 3. Strike Force (101-200 Total PL / 1001-2000 Points)

Detachment CP

Obsession: Kabal of the Black Heart

Raiding Force [4CP]

+ HQ +

Archon [4 PL, 65pts]: Huskblade, Labyrinthine Cunning, Splinter pistol, Warlord, Writ of the Living Muse

+ Troops +

Kabalite Warriors [3 PL, 60pts]
. 3x Kabalite Warrior: 3x Splinter Rifle
. Kabalite Warrior with special weapon: Blaster
. Sybarite: Splinter Rifle

+ Elites +

Sslyth [1 PL, 21pts]

+ Heavy Support +

Ravager [8 PL, 160pts]: Disintegrator cannon, Disintegrator cannon, Disintegrator cannon

Ravager [8 PL, 160pts]: Disintegrator cannon, Disintegrator cannon, Disintegrator cannon

++ Patrol Detachment -2CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) [41 PL, -2CP, 770pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Detachment CP [-2CP]

Obsession: Kabal of the Flayed Skull

+ HQ +

Drazhar [6 PL, 105pts]

+ Troops +

+ Elites +

Incubi [8 PL, 144pts]
. 8x Incubi: 8x Klaive
. Klaivex: Demiklaives

Sslyth [1 PL, 21pts]

+ Fast Attack +

Scourges [7 PL, 135pts]
. Scourge with Special / Heavy weapon: Blaster
. Solarite: Shardcarbine

+ Dedicated Transport +

Raider [5 PL, 95pts]: Disintegrator cannon

Venom [4 PL, 75pts]: Splinter Cannon, Twin splinter rifle

++ Patrol Detachment -2CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) [39 PL, -2CP, 755pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Detachment CP [-2CP]

Obsession: Kabal of the Flayed Skull

+ HQ +

Archon [4 PL, 65pts]: Splinter pistol, Venom Blade

+ Troops +

+ Elites +

Mandrakes [4 PL, 85pts]
. 4x Mandrake: 4x Baleblast, 4x Glimmersteel blade
. Nightfiend

Mandrakes [4 PL, 85pts]
. 4x Mandrake: 4x Baleblast, 4x Glimmersteel blade
. Nightfiend

+ Heavy Support +

+ Dedicated Transport +

Raider [5 PL, 90pts]: Dark Lance

++ Total: [104 PL, 12CP, 1,991pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

9 incubi plus Drazhar in one raider and 5 kabalites + archon + 2 Sslyth in the other. 4 venoms loaded with kabalites with a blaster. I added 2x5 units of mandrakes (they sound fun) and a 1x5 unit of scourges with blasters for hunting heavies. The Black Heart archon will hang back with the ravagers, although only 2 benefit from writ of the living muse. The flayed skull ravager will probably hang back too, but I can use that for shooting things in cover if need be.

Tactically I'm hoping to use my speed (all transports are Flayed Skull, so 19" venoms, 17" raiders) to capture objectives and hit my opponent in their soft spots. I have the 3 units that can deepstrike that can be brought in to either finish off units that have been damaged already, tank hunting (scourges), capture objectives, or reinforce, depending on how the game is looking. I know I'll need to protect Drazhar + the incubi until I can get them in charge range, but once they are in CC, I'm hoping they will shred whatever is in their way.

My hope is that with this many fast moving units on the board my opponents will have a hard time focusing on just 1 threat and the kabalites in the venoms moving 19” can threaten almost anywhere on the board in a turn, while the 3 ravagers all with DC's can pack a serious punch.

Last edited by duckduckgoose on Tue Nov 17 2020, 18:49; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: 2000 pts mechanized kabal - UPDATED   2000 pts mechanized kabal - UPDATED I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13 2020, 21:22

I would actually split this into 3 partols so you don't lose any CPs. So you can start with 12.

And taking one black heart patrol would be really great. Having access to the Agents of Vect stratagem is always great even if you don't always use it. But it can often be a game winner. Plus the write of the living muse relic is great for making your ravagers more accurate. I know you can only take two heavy choices in a partol and that is fine. And the blackheart walord trait is great for farming more CPs if you need them.
A single flayed skull ravager is is good for when the enemy is dug in cover or when you want that +1 to hit a unit with fly. So often hitting on 2 againt jump packs, tau suits, flyers etc.

If you want pure kabal here a just a few things to consider. Flayed skull is great because they are so fast and the rerolls are really nice. I would definitely put blast pistols on the syberites because with the 19" venoms you can easily get within pistol range. Makes the kabalies way more deadly as well. Since you don't have coven dark techno venoms you need more multi damage weapons. So blast pistols

I would also maybe consider dropping some incubi for maybe scourges with heatlances to help you deal with elite multi wound units like marines. Incubi are cool, but I don't think you need 2 large units. Also mandrakes might be really worth considerings. They give you a solid reserve unit that has decent shooting, combat, are hard to hit and will likely help you score objectives and/or secondaries.

If you drop 1 incubi unit you can also drop 1 raider to give you more points to play with. Like scourges, blast pistols etc.

Just my two cents

Hope it helps a bit

Edit: I didn't see that you had a blackheart spearhead. I had a brain fart.

Your detachment set up is ok, but just consider the patrols to give you more cps. But I am sure either will work well for you.

Hellion
duckduckgoose

PostSubject: Re: 2000 pts mechanized kabal - UPDATED   2000 pts mechanized kabal - UPDATED I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14 2020, 01:38

I totally forgot about the raiding force rule, thanks for the reminder. I’ll see what I can do if I dropped 1 incubi unit and a raider and if I could include scourges and/or mandrakes
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: 2000 pts mechanized kabal - UPDATED   2000 pts mechanized kabal - UPDATED I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18 2020, 07:55

I like your revised list more. I would definitely switch out the venom blade for a huskblade though. The venom blade at 5pts just isn't worth it

Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: 2000 pts mechanized kabal - UPDATED   2000 pts mechanized kabal - UPDATED I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18 2020, 12:37

Without any Coven/Cult support this list is lacking on the "anvil" part of most competitive lists. You really need something tough to sit on objectives and score those sweet secondary points.

If you have your heart set on Kabal, I would really recomend having 2 kabal squads with no upgrades to sit at the front of your army and act as a screen (cheapest unit available). Marine Outriders move 20" (with advance), and White Scars can then assault. Ravenguard get a pre-game move for 1CP, and Ultramarines can re-deploy before the game to get perfect charge locations. Expect a Turn 1 charge by Marines, and maybe even Necrons. The kabalites will die, but you may be able to keep those bikes from your transports if the kabalites are able to block lanes of movement.

I am not sure how 1 block of Incubi will handle the current Meta, you will need to judge your local Meta to see if that is enough.

Overall it does look like a decent Kabal build, can you let us know how it handles on the tabletop?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2000 pts mechanized kabal - UPDATED   2000 pts mechanized kabal - UPDATED I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2000 pts mechanized kabal - UPDATED
Page 1 of 1