THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

New Drukhari boxset announced

Go down 
+27
Oaka
Kalmah
JRG
Skulnbonz
Lyijysiipi
Burnage
ursvamp
Barking Agatha
amishprn86
AzraeI
Darklord
sekac
AlCorps
Sarcron
Cerve
mynamelegend
Archon_91
Count Adhemar
Denegaar
Subsanity
Swordxart
DevilDoll
GreyArea
Grimcrimm
Devilogical
The Strange Dark One
Glass Battleaxe
31 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Glass Battleaxe
Kabalite Warrior
Glass Battleaxe

New Drukhari boxset announced Empty
PostSubject: New Drukhari boxset announced   New Drukhari boxset announced I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25 2020, 12:30

New Drukhari vs Sisters boxset announced - with the new Lelith model!!!

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/12/25/christmas-preview-hedonites-habits-and-hekatarii/
Back to top Go down
Cerve
Hekatrix
Cerve

PostSubject: Re: New Drukhari boxset announced   New Drukhari boxset announced I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25 2020, 12:34

Yay, the box is useless and new Lelith is awful! Merry Christmas!

Skulnbonz, The Strange Dark One, TheBaconPope, Burnage, AzraeI, Soulless Samurai and GreyArea like this post

Back to top Go down
Glass Battleaxe
Kabalite Warrior
Glass Battleaxe

PostSubject: Re: New Drukhari boxset announced   New Drukhari boxset announced I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25 2020, 12:37

Cerve wrote:

You never know - the new codex might make running a pure Wych Cult list a viable option.
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dark One
Wych
The Strange Dark One

PostSubject: Re: New Drukhari boxset announced   New Drukhari boxset announced I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25 2020, 12:43

Words can't express how underwhelmed I am. I thought Lelith would only be locked in a Battleforce.
At the very least, they could have put a Raider in the box so you can actually transport the Wyches.

No wonder Lelith doesn't take Combat Drugs anymore (8th edition Index), it really shows.
Hopefully she will get some good rules at the very least.

JRG and GreyArea like this post

Back to top Go down
AzraeI
Wych
AzraeI

PostSubject: Re: New Drukhari boxset announced   New Drukhari boxset announced I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25 2020, 13:31

Lost the face, the thong, the ride
At least foot fetishists are in for a treat
Back to top Go down
Cerve
Hekatrix
Cerve

PostSubject: Re: New Drukhari boxset announced   New Drukhari boxset announced I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25 2020, 13:41

Glass Battleaxe wrote:
Cerve wrote:

You never know - the new codex might make running a pure Wych Cult list a viable option.
I think a pure wychcult list can be viable even now. But...yeah, it's very similar to the Drazhar's box. Venom, Scourges, Wyches are into the DE starter too...isn't it a bit redundant?

Anyway about Lelith: after the first shock, I like them more in different angles. Just...maybe I will pick the old face into the new model.

Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: New Drukhari boxset announced   New Drukhari boxset announced I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25 2020, 13:57

Well this is interesting... we seem to be getting far more active in 40k this year ... first we are in a new battle force box (I don't think this has happened since our release back in 3rd edition) and a new warzone book that seems to put us in an almost leading role ... this much attention from GW feels weird ...
Back to top Go down
ursvamp
Hellion
ursvamp

PostSubject: Re: New Drukhari boxset announced   New Drukhari boxset announced I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25 2020, 14:48

Archon_91 wrote:
... this much attention from GW feels weird ...

But Good! ^^
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: New Drukhari boxset announced   New Drukhari boxset announced I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25 2020, 15:15

I play both, so i am happy.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Swordxart
Hellion
Swordxart

PostSubject: Re: New Drukhari boxset announced   New Drukhari boxset announced I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25 2020, 18:59

What is this model? Her feet are way to big, her shoulders are way to apart, like why is she so bulky? For real, wtf did they do to her?

AzraeI likes this post

Back to top Go down
DevilDoll
Wych
DevilDoll

PostSubject: Re: New Drukhari boxset announced   New Drukhari boxset announced I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25 2020, 19:52

After the initial shock, she actually isn't THAT bad I think part of her ugliness is the paint job... I was expecting worse tbh, the one thing that turns me off is her belly, it looks like she had too much to eat since her last model
Back to top Go down
ursvamp
Hellion
ursvamp

PostSubject: Re: New Drukhari boxset announced   New Drukhari boxset announced I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25 2020, 19:56

Swordxart wrote:
What is this model? Her feet are way to big, her shoulders are way to apart, like why is she so bulky? For real, wtf did they do to her?

It's photographed at an angle, but photos* are flat and can't represent depth, foreshortening the model and causing the proportions to appear distorted.
(*It might also be an effect of the lens used)
Back to top Go down
Swordxart
Hellion
Swordxart

PostSubject: Re: New Drukhari boxset announced   New Drukhari boxset announced I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25 2020, 20:00

ursvamp wrote:
Swordxart wrote:

It's photographed at an angle, but photos are flat and can't represent depth, foreshortening the model and causing the proportions to appear distorted.

Well i will just hope ur right

ursvamp likes this post

Back to top Go down
Cerve
Hekatrix
Cerve

PostSubject: Re: New Drukhari boxset announced   New Drukhari boxset announced I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25 2020, 20:21

DevilDoll wrote:
After the initial shock, she actually isn't THAT bad I think part of her ugliness is the paint job... I was expecting worse tbh, the one thing that turns me off is her belly, it looks like she had too much to eat since her last model

I can't stand the face....why that grumpy face? Lelith is silent, she's like a statue. She's not a screaming warrior...

AzraeI and GreyArea like this post

Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: New Drukhari boxset announced   New Drukhari boxset announced I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25 2020, 21:00

Holy inflation fetish, Batman! Shocked

I don't know precisely what the Haemonculi have been doing to her but I'll go out on a limb and guess that it involved a scalpel and a bicycle pump.

Also, I can only assume that one of the casualties of the current pandemic was whoever did the face sculpts. Because one of the most beautiful DE wyches now looks like an angry potato.

I don't know about you but I'm sold. Wink

All that aside, merry Christmas, everyone. santa

Barking Agatha and AzraeI like this post

Back to top Go down
Devilogical
Sybarite
Devilogical

PostSubject: Re: New Drukhari boxset announced   New Drukhari boxset announced I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25 2020, 21:04

Damn, Lelith looks ugly this time for sure.
Does GW has some problems with her previous design?

Succubus Ariel the Vengefull of the Wych cult Blade Denied to her sister, archon Elieae after the conquering Low Commoragh Dark spire.

Back to top Go down
Grimcrimm
Kabalite Warrior
Grimcrimm

PostSubject: Re: New Drukhari boxset announced   New Drukhari boxset announced I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25 2020, 21:19

as a dark eldar player skip this box as a SoB player its a great start. That lelith is GARBAGE

Back to top Go down
Grimcrimm
Kabalite Warrior
Grimcrimm

PostSubject: Re: New Drukhari boxset announced   New Drukhari boxset announced I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25 2020, 21:27

welp just missed my chance to buy a reasonably priced one off of ebay "I WONDER WHY THEY ARE SELLING OUT FAST"

Hekatrix
Skulnbonz

PostSubject: Re: New Drukhari boxset announced   New Drukhari boxset announced I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25 2020, 22:01

Lelith has an ol case of the Gout I see...

Seriously, did she have a haemonculous make her feet into flippers to fight on water worlds or something?

Denegaar
Hellion
Denegaar

PostSubject: Re: New Drukhari boxset announced   New Drukhari boxset announced I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25 2020, 22:07

I like the new model. Paintjob and photos are awful, I think it's going to be better when we actually see the sculpt and we can paint her.

The box is meh, but Cult is my least "strong" subfaction, with only 10 wyches and 5 Hellions, maybe I pick up the box with a friend and improve that part of my army. I already have 4 Venoms because of random packs, but 5 is ok too.

ursvamp likes this post

Back to top Go down
Lyijysiipi
Hellion
Lyijysiipi

PostSubject: Re: New Drukhari boxset announced   New Drukhari boxset announced I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25 2020, 22:11

I'm ignoring this box as I have too many duplicates as it stands already.

On Lelith herself I'm feeling lukewarm, the dreaded "meh". I do like the pose itself, that face is painted honestly wrong, too aged/haggard. And I feel like it was a mistake to sculpt her face into a grimace, I always took her vibe to be a serene knife blender that has lost the enjoyment of murder as there rarely any challenge to it anymore, just going through the motions and rotations. Hence she activates once she meets characters as she has to put some effort into it.

But I'm likely buying this model separate just to convert it into something I would more prefer. I'm thinking of seeing if I can't swap/transplant her torso with a Witch elf torso, to get back a little more exposed skin as I honestly loved that idea of her showing off unblemished skin as a taunt to others. I feel like her bulking up with more "protection" feels like she's less confident, which I feel diminishes her character. I do like the one armored arm and armored feet (practical gladiator theme) but that torso needs less armor. The face should be fine with a less defined paintjob. At least I'll get a interesting project out of this. That fleeting optimism.

Cerve and AzraeI like this post

Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: New Drukhari boxset announced   New Drukhari boxset announced I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25 2020, 22:22

She is a pure terrible sculpt honestly, i'll buy her and paint her as something else, my Lelith will be my 5th metal one still just rebased.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k

Cerve and AzraeI like this post

Back to top Go down
GreyArea
Kabalite Warrior
GreyArea

PostSubject: Re: New Drukhari boxset announced   New Drukhari boxset announced I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25 2020, 22:54

Agree with much of what's said here. Her model is ugly as hell, poorly proportioned for an elder and not in keeping with her previous effortlessly skilled killer style.

The worst part is that face, the massive feet, wide torso and boring pose I could forgive, but not the face.

AzraeI likes this post

Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: New Drukhari boxset announced   New Drukhari boxset announced I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26 2020, 01:29

... it seems the Ynnari have changed our beloved lelith ...
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: New Drukhari boxset announced   New Drukhari boxset announced I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26 2020, 02:17

I really disliked the new Lelith model on first seeing it. Over the course of the day, I think it's growing on me - I strongly suspect the paint job and picture angles are making it look worse than it is.

It's not a patch on the Juan Diaz sculpt for her, though, which I think I'll still be using.

DevilDoll likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Drukhari boxset announced   New Drukhari boxset announced I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Drukhari boxset announced
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next