THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Why Dark Eldar are next. Long but likely true.

Go down 
+13
JRG
Oaka
fisheyes
amishprn86
sekac
Skulnbonz
Burnage
Count Adhemar
Barking Agatha
ursvamp
Soulless Samurai
The Strange Dark One
Squidmaster
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

Why Dark Eldar are next. Long but likely true. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Dark Eldar are next. Long but likely true.   Why Dark Eldar are next. Long but likely true. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04 2021, 18:04

fisheyes wrote:
After seeing the love that Necrons got, I think GW has proven that they CAN give the fans what they want. Necrons got lots of leaks leading up to their release, which Dark Eldar have not (so I dont think we will get the new models they got).

Still, I am very hopeful that we get a new Drukhari codex in the next 2 weeks, and it puts us in line with Necrons. Later power creep will mean we all need to buy "Unlabeled 9th Edition Supliment" in 1.5 years to bring us back up to speed, but that is just the game cycle these days.

Not much longer to wait boys, then we will know for sure. My local GW guy was hinting we may get a codex as early as next week Very Happy

Um.. no? They just announced its 1 codex per month and DG is this month.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: Why Dark Eldar are next. Long but likely true.   Why Dark Eldar are next. Long but likely true. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04 2021, 18:50

And I believe its hedonites of Slaanesh for February as the "one release per month" thing they announced, so it'll be March or April before we see anything ... at least according to the announcement GW made regarding delays and once a month releases
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Why Dark Eldar are next. Long but likely true.   Why Dark Eldar are next. Long but likely true. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04 2021, 21:24

Thats for AOS, it is going DG, then DA, then us, so we are March.

Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Why Dark Eldar are next. Long but likely true.   Why Dark Eldar are next. Long but likely true. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05 2021, 12:15

Didnt GW just post a "Roadmap" (I saw it on Frontline Gaming, dated less than a week ago) saying that both Death Guard and Drukhari were to be released in Jan?

I am pretty foggy after the hoiliday revelries, so maybe I am imagining things. Hopefully this is real, and that pink elephant over there is the hallucination...
Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Why Dark Eldar are next. Long but likely true.   Why Dark Eldar are next. Long but likely true. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05 2021, 12:30

well, if the release is delayed, at least it won't affect me that much, as we are about to enter into another great lockdown in my region so i probably won't even be able to purchase it at my local store Sad
Also, i don't even see in the horizon when will be my next game Sad
It just leave me more time to focus on my second army, my Tzeentch Thousand sons before going back to my first love, the dreaded Drukhari! Smile
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Why Dark Eldar are next. Long but likely true.   Why Dark Eldar are next. Long but likely true. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05 2021, 12:57

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/12/23/an-update-on-warhammer-releases-in-2021/

Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Why Dark Eldar are next. Long but likely true.   Why Dark Eldar are next. Long but likely true. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05 2021, 20:36

If our codex is really coming next week, and the only thing that GW have leaked thus far is Incubi, then that just fills me with dread.

It strongly implies that, contrary to their claims of a "group-up redeisgn" (as if anyone believed that anyway), that actually very little has changed and so they can't leak more than a couple of things without spoiling the entire codex.

I really hope I'm wrong on this, but I strongly suspect that we're getting the codex equivalent of Phoenix Rising.

Skulnbonz
Hekatrix
Skulnbonz

PostSubject: Re: Why Dark Eldar are next. Long but likely true.   Why Dark Eldar are next. Long but likely true. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05 2021, 20:44

Soulless Samurai wrote:
If our codex is really coming next week, and the only thing that GW have leaked thus far is Incubi, then that just fills me with dread.

The exact sentiments I voiced in another thread.
I fear this codex was built with the very least effort possible.

But I was told not to worry, so there is that.

amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Why Dark Eldar are next. Long but likely true.   Why Dark Eldar are next. Long but likely true. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05 2021, 21:51

Its not coming next week, they ALWAYS do a 2 week preview for pre orders, and they said they are slowing down codex releases, also we don't even have DG and DA out yet which they said are the next 2 releases.

JRG and ursvamp like this post

Back to top Go down
sekac
Wych
sekac

PostSubject: Re: Why Dark Eldar are next. Long but likely true.   Why Dark Eldar are next. Long but likely true. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06 2021, 01:42

If ever there was an edition to NOT slow down releases, then this is it. I have zero interest in playing 40k until whenever our book comes out. I'd rather do something enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Why Dark Eldar are next. Long but likely true.   Why Dark Eldar are next. Long but likely true. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06 2021, 04:42

Crusade is amazing.

JRG likes this post

Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Why Dark Eldar are next. Long but likely true.   Why Dark Eldar are next. Long but likely true. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06 2021, 12:31

I still have hope.

NOW GIVE US SOME HINTS GW!!!!

Skulnbonz and Soulless Samurai like this post

Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Why Dark Eldar are next. Long but likely true.   Why Dark Eldar are next. Long but likely true. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06 2021, 13:02

fisheyes wrote:
NOW GIVE US SOME HINTS GW!!!!

Seconded.

Ideally, I'd like to see what's happening with the characters, so I can know in advance whether this book will have anything for me or not.

Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Why Dark Eldar are next. Long but likely true.   Why Dark Eldar are next. Long but likely true. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06 2021, 13:27

Does anyone know if the Charadon book will be delayed too? Knowing that the main focus of the book is around the Death Guards, could it be that it will release close to the release of the Death Guard codex?

Does anyone of you know if the rules in the Charadon book will be more for Narrative and/or Crusade games? or will it be something a-la Psychic Awakening, with additional rules for Matched play?

Thanks in advance Smile
Back to top Go down
ursvamp
Hellion
ursvamp

PostSubject: Re: Why Dark Eldar are next. Long but likely true.   Why Dark Eldar are next. Long but likely true. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06 2021, 15:13

Kalmah wrote:
Does anyone know if the Charadon book will be delayed too? Knowing that the main focus of the book is around the Death Guards, could it be that it will release close to the release of the Death Guard codex?

The article that amishprn86 links to above says there will be 1 codex or expansion every month , for 40k.
And since the first Charadon-book is going to include new/additional rules for several factions (Death Guard, Imperial Knights, Adeptus Mechanicus, and Drukhari) it sounds like it may be considered an expansion. So it could very well be one of the coming month's 40k release.
(Also: the new years-preview showed hints of what looked like a titan/knight and an ad.Mech model, which (if they are solo-releases) could make sense to release alongside the Charadon book. Further hinting that it's going to be released within the coming months)

Assuming that the reason for the delays have not affected the release order (which it might've, but we haven't heard anything about, as far as I know?) then Dark Angels should be the next codex after DG.
So my guess (emphasis on "guess", here) is DG for january, and then Charadon1 for February and DA for March (but DA could come in Feb, and Chara in March).

The reason I'm thinking Charadon in Feb. is because february is AoS-focused with the Slaanesh-release taking up a lot of focus/being pretty big, so I'm guessing that month's 40k-release will have fewer models to go with it. Making a campaign book with a superheavy and a character seem like a good fit, while I assume the DA will come with, at least, a couple of SM-kits.

People have also been worried that Drukhari won't be getting much of a release, model-wise, and if that is revealed to be true we could very well be one of the Feb/March releases (probaby Feb in that case), and DA not see release until april (having been postponed due to some sort of complication).
But I'm guessing we are looking at April, at the earliest, for drukhari.

Kalmah likes this post

Back to top Go down
Oaka
Kabalite Warrior
Oaka

PostSubject: Re: Why Dark Eldar are next. Long but likely true.   Why Dark Eldar are next. Long but likely true. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06 2021, 15:29

The latest White Dwarf is introducing the Charadon campaign, so what you are saying does make sense that the expansion would be released as soon as it can.  I'm taking the healthy approach that DG, DA and Charadon will be the first three months, so Drukhari in April.  If I'm wrong, great!  Until then I will be painting craftworld and harlequin units I have considered using in allied detachments since those rules won't be getting changes for a while.

ursvamp likes this post

Back to top Go down
JRG
Hellion
JRG

PostSubject: Re: Why Dark Eldar are next. Long but likely true.   Why Dark Eldar are next. Long but likely true. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07 2021, 10:51

It's tough times out there for all, that's people and of course GW employees. The UK is in another national lockdown until probs late feb or march. So this could further delay things, hopefully not.

GW said in the post Amishprn86 linked, they are slowing down releases for Jan + Feb, stating one new codex or campaign book each month for Jan, Feb, March, we know these to be DG, DA, Drukhari and the Campaign book.

They said the first pre-orders will be the 16th of Jan, that is of course DG. So DG codex for Jan.
DA are then next, we know this as it was confirmed before we got our Drukhari announcement. The DA codex is actually a codex supplement. For the fortnightly releases they have promised, this could be DA first half of Feb and then the Campaign second half of Feb, that technically is still only one campaign book or codex as they didn't say codex supplements, they said codex.

The Drukhari codex could come out in February opposed to the campaign book, meaning DA and Drukhari in one month as the DA book is actually a supplement. This would still fall in line with their codex or campaign book promise. This would also make sense as we know there will be DA models to pad out the lack of Drukhari model releases for 40k preorders in February.

I expect DA book + models pre-orders early feb, then the Drukhari codex + battleforce late Feb. This then will use SoB players to help bolster 40k pre orders in the 2nd half of February, plus of course GW focus will be on AoS pre-orders for feb. Feb main model releases will be DA + AoS, that is why I think feb makes sense as we don't have many new models.

Then in March the Campaign book, considering we know this contains Drukhari updates it makes sense to be March. If the campaign book's Drukhari rules is only compatible with the 9th Ed Drukhari codex then our codex has to be released before the campaign book. GW aren't going to release a book that can't be used. March sales will then be everyone who wants that campaign book which is 4 factions worth of people plus any new models they release with it, which could be Drukhari models.

Finally AoS feb releases doesn't effect 40k releases as they confirmed the AoS release at the same time as the 40k release update.

So I predicted late Feb for our dex preorders, hopefully, but may well be March. I don't expect April unless the new UK lockdown has caused further delays.

GW promised releases every fortnight, starting with a pre-order on the 16th of Jan. That's 6 releases of 40k from Jan to end of March, we should be in that window and not pushed to April.
Back to top Go down
ursvamp
Hellion
ursvamp

PostSubject: Re: Why Dark Eldar are next. Long but likely true.   Why Dark Eldar are next. Long but likely true. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07 2021, 13:03

JRG wrote:
If the campaign book's Drukhari rules is only compatible with the 9th Ed Drukhari codex then our codex has to be released before the campaign book. GW aren't going to release a book that can't be used.

Just want to point out that the rules in the campaign book will probably be written for the 9e codex, but still be compatible with the current one (going off of the way GW has structured such supplemental faction rules before; it's usually things like artifacts, warlord traits, Obsession-options, stratagems, new detachments, etc.. Things that add to the army on a meta-level, while the core units and rules may change independent from them).
GW has changed the way they do things several times during the years, but they have released such supplements in anticipation of codexes before. For instance, the Shield of Bhaal-campaign (in 7e) involved Nids, Blood Angels, and Necrons, and the last book contained supplemental rules for BA & 'Crons, and was released after the BA codex and about a month before the Necron 'dex. So releaseing supplemental rules before the new codex wouldn't be unheard of.

Additionally the book will also contain rules for Ad.Mech and Imperial Knights, neither of which will be getting a codex before the book (as far as we know). So I think it's reasonable to assume that the rules in the book will be applicable to both 8e and 9e codexes.

So I wouldn't be shocked if the campaign comes out first. Your deduction may still be correct, of course! I'm just saying that the codex doesn't have to come out first, in order for us to use the rules, most likely!

Kalmah likes this post

Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: Why Dark Eldar are next. Long but likely true.   Why Dark Eldar are next. Long but likely true. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07 2021, 13:47

In our case though it is entirely possible that the campaign book won't be compatible with our 8th ed codex as GW has said we are getting a ground up rework and have hinted that we are no longer three small subfactions crammed into one codex
Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Why Dark Eldar are next. Long but likely true.   Why Dark Eldar are next. Long but likely true. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07 2021, 14:15

my biggest hope for Charadon is that the additional ruling only applies to narrative games.
Like additional warlord traits, artifacts, stratagems etc... but that only apply in specific missions.
That way the new rules would not matter if you play 8th or 9th edition.

At least that's my wish, cause seriously i'm gonna be pissed off if it happens that 2 weeks after the release of our Codex we are already not in line with the latest rules or already need to buy a second book (when at the start of the 9th edition codex they were saying that the time where we needed to bring 6 books at every games were done, and they were'nt referring to the App)
Back to top Go down
Koldan
Kabalite Warrior
Koldan

PostSubject: Re: Why Dark Eldar are next. Long but likely true.   Why Dark Eldar are next. Long but likely true. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07 2021, 17:57

Kalmah wrote:
my biggest hope for Charadon is that the additional ruling only applies to narrative games.
Like additional warlord traits, artifacts, stratagems etc... but that only apply in specific missions.
That way the new rules would not matter if you play 8th or 9th edition.

At least that's my wish, cause seriously i'm gonna be pissed off if it happens that 2 weeks after the release of our Codex we are already not in line with the latest rules or already need to buy a second book (when at the start of the 9th edition codex they were saying that the time where we needed to bring 6 books at every games were done, and they were'nt referring to the App)

They have teased two books the warzone charodron book and the crusade mission pack plague purge. If both would have only narrative rules it would be redundant. It sounds more like 4 mini codex supplements. Just a subfaction not included in the codex, with their own detachment rules, warlord traits, etc. At least that is my guess.
Typhus is not a follower of Mortharion anymore, so giving his subfaction their own rules is fitting. The Forgeworld Metallica has no rules in the AdMech codex right now. Freeblades cannot choose any knight house tradition, so a "Freeblade tradition" could be in the book. Now the question is what Drukhari subfaction will have their rules here.

ursvamp likes this post

Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Why Dark Eldar are next. Long but likely true.   Why Dark Eldar are next. Long but likely true. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08 2021, 16:33

Another post about arguing, infighting and whining.

If I wanted to see that I would visit the arena where they pit the wailing widows of Armaggeddon against each other.

Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Why Dark Eldar are next. Long but likely true.   Why Dark Eldar are next. Long but likely true. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08 2021, 16:47

CptMetal wrote:
Another post about arguing, infighting and whining.

If I wanted to see that I would visit the arena where they pit the wailing widows of Armaggeddon against each other.

????? Question
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why Dark Eldar are next. Long but likely true.   Why Dark Eldar are next. Long but likely true. - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why Dark Eldar are next. Long but likely true.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2