THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

New FAQs

Go down 
+24
Count Adhemar
Gizamaluke
Azdrubael
albions-angel
sweetbacon
Dalamar
Archon_91
ferrusmanus
Oaka
Denegaar
Darklord
Void Prince
Cerve
Soulless Samurai
Grimcrimm
CptMetal
fisheyes
GreyArea
DevilDoll
Sarcron
Koldan
Kalmah
amishprn86
krayd
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

New FAQs Empty
PostSubject: New FAQs   New FAQs I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07 2021, 16:33

The point changes have already been noted in another thread.

However, there are a lot of clarifications and changes to the core book and mission packs.

They clarified that units with FLY can, in fact, charge aircraft when their rules state so.

Counter-charge stratagem cannot be used on a unit that has been made to strike last, because the stratagem can only target a unit eligible to fight, and said unit is not eligible to fight until all other units have fought.

A bunch of clarifications on embarked units with transports.

In the missions, the player who goes first scores at the beginning of their turn, while the player going second scores at the end of their turn.

They also did some points adjustment on some of the secondary objectives.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

New FAQs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New FAQs   New FAQs I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07 2021, 16:39

https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/76UtmPgtSCGKJAnW.pdf

https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/nnjnTVNO9s0YfZpc.pdf

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

New FAQs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New FAQs   New FAQs I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07 2021, 16:41

Regarding the transport, what i'm really thrilled is when they say:

5. Unless specifically stated otherwise, the embarked unit is
not affected by the abilities (including aura abilities) of any
other unit, even if that unit is also embarked within the same
Transport model.

the ''unless specifically stated otherwise'' means that some rules may bypass that! Smile could our Archon will finally be able to give is aura to models embarked with him in the same open top transport? Smile
Back to top Go down
Koldan
Kabalite Warrior
Koldan

New FAQs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New FAQs   New FAQs I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07 2021, 17:28

krayd wrote:

Counter-charge stratagem cannot be used on a unit that has been made to strike last, because the stratagem can only target a unit eligible to fight, and said unit is not eligible to fight until all other units have fought.

Just to clarify, not fight last abilities like the vexator mask. The faq is about abilities that make a unit not eligible like the Space Marine Judicar. Against the vexator mask and other fight last abilities, you can still use counter-offensive, as the unit is still eligible.
Back to top Go down
Cerve
Hekatrix
Cerve

New FAQs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New FAQs   New FAQs I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07 2021, 17:39

Koldan wrote:
krayd wrote:

Just to clarify, not fight last abilities like the vexator mask. The faq is about abilities that make a unit not eligible like the Space Marine Judicar. Against the vexator mask and other fight last abilities, you can still use counter-offensive, as the unit is still eligible.

I would argue that it's just weirdly writend (i.e. it's old, for the 8th edition) and "cannot fight" is likely to "cannot (be selected to) fight".

I think they work the same.
Back to top Go down
Sarcron
Sybarite
Sarcron

New FAQs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New FAQs   New FAQs I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07 2021, 20:08

Vextaor mask and the judicar's fight last is written the same. They're both 'cannot fight'

Sarcron
Back to top Go down
Koldan
Kabalite Warrior
Koldan

New FAQs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New FAQs   New FAQs I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07 2021, 20:34

Sarcron wrote:
Vextaor mask and the judicar's fight last is written the same. They're both 'cannot fight'

They are not. The Judicar has not a fight last ability. It is superior, it cannot even be cancelled out with fight first abilities, because in difference to fight last, it makes the unit not eligible to fight.

Judicar:
"At the start of the Fight Phase, you can select one enemy unit within 3” of this model. That unit is not eligible to fight this phase until after all eligible units from your army have done so."

Vexator Mask and other fight last Abilities:
"In addition, at the start of each Fight phase, select an enemy unit within 6" of the bearer. That unit cannot fight until all other units that are able to have done so. "

If you don't believe me check the codex and read it yourself and check other sources, for example goonhammer:
https://www.goonhammer.com/ruleshammer-qa-december-31st-2020/
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

New FAQs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New FAQs   New FAQs I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07 2021, 20:42

Ty for posting links @amishprn86, I have no clue what the heck is going on with all this updates.

I guess we will not be getting a Codex anytime soon, otherwise why release all these changes?
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

New FAQs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New FAQs   New FAQs I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07 2021, 20:49

fisheyes wrote:
Ty for posting links @amishprn86, I have no clue what the heck is going on with all this updates.

I guess we will not be getting a Codex anytime soon, otherwise why release all these changes?

It does seem a bit random.

I'm also scratching my head and wondering whether these point costs are to bring us in line with the codex (in spite of not having received any of the other changes), or whether they're reflecting our current stats (in which case, it seems a bit late in the day Razz ).

I suppose it makes more sense if, as you say, our codex has been severely delayed. I certainly hope not. Not unless they're using the extra time to give us a pile of new models, anyway. Wink

Koldan
Kabalite Warrior
Koldan

New FAQs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New FAQs   New FAQs I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07 2021, 20:54

fisheyes wrote:

I think so too, or someone messed up and they did already put the codex points in that list. If it are the codex points already I fear it is more likely our HQs will lose most weapon options then 0 points for switching a splinter pistol with a blast pistol on a succubus. Or switching haemonculus tools with scissorhand on a Haemoncolus for free, while it costs 10 points for Wracks.

Something i just realized, there is a unit called Court of the Archon, instead of of a separate entry for every member. It is a shame, they did not write the unit size.

Burnage and ursvamp like this post

Back to top Go down
Sarcron
Sybarite
Sarcron

New FAQs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New FAQs   New FAQs I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08 2021, 00:17

Koldan wrote:
Sarcron wrote:

They are not. The Judicar has not a fight last ability. It is superior, it cannot even be cancelled out with fight first abilities, because in difference to fight last, it makes the unit not eligible to fight.

Judicar:
"At the start of the Fight Phase, you can select one enemy unit within 3” of this model. That unit is not eligible to fight this phase until after all eligible units from your army have done so."

Vexator Mask and other fight last Abilities:
"In addition, at the start of each Fight phase, select an enemy unit within 6" of the bearer. That unit cannot fight until all other units that are able to have done so. "

If you don't believe me check the codex and read it yourself and check other sources, for example goonhammer:
https://www.goonhammer.com/ruleshammer-qa-december-31st-2020/

Ah, I suppose you're right there. For some reason I always thought vexator was different to others. I suppose an argument could be made regarding slightly different wording of chosen and just fight, but that would probably be stretching it

Sarcron
Back to top Go down
DevilDoll
Wych
DevilDoll

New FAQs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New FAQs   New FAQs I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08 2021, 09:25

In other news did anyone notice the change in dark Technomancy, now you take 1 mortal to the firing unit for EVERY unmodified 1 regardless of how many weapons... This just killed one strong choice we had going and completely made me revert to pessimism mode... Yeah sucks
Dark tech venoms are basically dead
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

New FAQs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New FAQs   New FAQs I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08 2021, 10:14

DevilDoll wrote:
In other news did anyone notice the change in dark Technomancy, now you take 1 mortal to the firing unit for EVERY unmodified 1 regardless of how many weapons... This just killed one strong choice we had going and completely made me revert to pessimism mode... Yeah sucks

Oh, so DT Venoms are now better at killing the Venoms themselves than the enemy? Outstanding.

I can't imagine why anyone wouldn't be hyped to the gills at the prospect of such stellar design philosophy constructing an entire codex. Rolling Eyes

GreyArea
Kabalite Warrior
GreyArea

New FAQs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New FAQs   New FAQs I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08 2021, 10:57

DevilDoll wrote:

Ouch, I didn't catch this one. Thats very rough, makes that whole book a complete none thing for us instead of the 95% it was before.

I still suspect/hope that the people that wrote the awakening rules were not the same that did our dex.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

New FAQs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New FAQs   New FAQs I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08 2021, 12:07

Gents, I am seeing some MASSIVE buffs to the True Kin in this update.

Bring It Down has been toned way down, and now we dont give up 15VP every game when we take transports/gunboats/taloi

Second Turn scoring Turn 5 at the End Of Turn really helps fast armies like that. If we can keep a venom alive to Turn 5, we should be able to get 15VP for Primary!

Wracks going from 12 pts to 8 pts and getting squads of 20 is NUTS. I am basically seeing us as Codex:Wracks right now. Taking 6 squads of 20 that can teleport and regenerate, clogging pathways and huddling around objectives should win quite a few match-ups. I personally hope to get in a game this weekend to see what this does to the Nightbringer. It only gets 12 attacks each turn, so I am thinking we just swarm that MF and tie it up all day.

I am really liking this.

Kalmah likes this post

Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

New FAQs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New FAQs   New FAQs I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08 2021, 16:06

Edit: nevermind
Back to top Go down
Grimcrimm
Kabalite Warrior
Grimcrimm

New FAQs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New FAQs   New FAQs I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08 2021, 16:11

CptMetal wrote:
I can't find the new point costs. I only find the new power levels but not the point costs.

Look for MUNITORUM FIELD MANUAL

We now live in a world where WYCHES are more expensive than wracks

Klaivex
fisheyes

New FAQs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New FAQs   New FAQs I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08 2021, 17:00

Honestly, if this wasnt posted on the GW website I would assume this is a hoax.

The organization is terrible, the point costs dont make sense, and the upgrades not even fall under the specific unit (Reaver upgrades).

I am thinking that both the Reaver and the Wrack entries are typos, and will get corrected in the next week. Otherwise DAMN! We are back in a powerful way...
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

New FAQs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New FAQs   New FAQs I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08 2021, 17:45

fisheyes wrote:

The organization is terrible, the point costs dont make sense, and the upgrades not even fall under the specific unit (Reaver upgrades).

I am thinking that both the Reaver and the Wrack entries are typos, and will get corrected in the next week. Otherwise DAMN! We are back in a powerful way...

Alternative hypothesis - GW *really* wants to shift their stockpile of Reaver kits. Laughing

CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

New FAQs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New FAQs   New FAQs I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08 2021, 18:01

fisheyes wrote:

I still can't find where do download that...
Back to top Go down
Dalamar
Sybarite

New FAQs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New FAQs   New FAQs I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08 2021, 18:04

GW app updated and all points and unit sizes have been applied as wriiten in FAQ.
Back to top Go down
Grimcrimm
Kabalite Warrior
Grimcrimm

New FAQs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New FAQs   New FAQs I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08 2021, 18:12

CptMetal wrote:
fisheyes wrote:

I still can't find where do download that...

https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/76UtmPgtSCGKJAnW.pdf

Got your back

ursvamp likes this post

Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

New FAQs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New FAQs   New FAQs I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08 2021, 18:16

This does have a "slap-dash" feel to it.

However, we should not be complaining for FREE updates from GW. This is basically christmas XD
Back to top Go down
Oaka
Kabalite Warrior
Oaka

New FAQs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New FAQs   New FAQs I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08 2021, 23:04

Dalamar wrote:
GW app updated and all points and unit sizes have been applied as wriiten in FAQ.

That's not entirely true. I didn't go through everything but Grotesques are 3-6 unit size in the pdf, 3-10 in the app. Beastmasters are 40 points in the pdf, 45 in the app.
Back to top Go down
Cerve
Hekatrix
Cerve

New FAQs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New FAQs   New FAQs I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09 2021, 01:51

Dalamar wrote:

How much for Reavers and Hellions?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New FAQs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New FAQs   New FAQs I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New FAQs
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next