THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

New core rulebook faq on open topped transports

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
deathwishjoe
Slave
deathwishjoe

New core rulebook faq on open topped transports Empty
PostSubject: New core rulebook faq on open topped transports   New core rulebook faq on open topped transports I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07 2021, 20:38

9. If a Transport model is under the effects of a modifier to its ranged attacks (such as a modifier to its hit rolls, wound rolls, etc.) the same modifier applies each time an embarked model makes a ranged attack

While it seems dark technomancers got updated to deliver a mortal wound for each 1 to wound roll made instead of 1 mortal wound if any number of 1s are rolled to wound it seems it applies now to kabalites embarked in dark techno transports. It's not intended this way and your being that guy but it is raw and it's not like we needed a nerf to the only semi competitive playstyle we have at the moment until the new codex comes out. So maybe it's justified.

Back to top Go down
Cerve
Hekatrix
Cerve

PostSubject: Re: New core rulebook faq on open topped transports   New core rulebook faq on open topped transports I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07 2021, 20:52

deathwishjoe wrote:
9. If a Transport model is under the effects of a modifier to its ranged attacks (such as a modifier to its hit rolls, wound rolls, etc.) the same modifier applies each time an embarked model makes a ranged attack

While it seems dark technomancers got updated to deliver a mortal wound for each 1 to wound roll made instead of 1 mortal wound if any number of 1s are rolled to wound it seems it applies now to kabalites embarked in dark techno transports. It's not intended this way and your being that guy but it is raw and it's not like we needed a nerf to the only semi competitive playstyle we have at the moment until the new codex comes out. So maybe it's justified.

Nope, because DT buff begin when the veichle shoot, and ends when the veichle ends to shoot. So when the embarked squad shoot both before or after the veichle the DF buff still down.
The veichle need to suffer the buff/debuff while the embarked squad shoot.

Nothing changed, that rule was there since the 8th.
Back to top Go down
Gherma
Kabalite Warrior
Gherma

PostSubject: Re: New core rulebook faq on open topped transports   New core rulebook faq on open topped transports I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07 2021, 21:28

You can have 15” liquifiers thanks to a Obsidian Rose transport though. May be not too bad.

Cerve
Hekatrix
Cerve

PostSubject: Re: New core rulebook faq on open topped transports   New core rulebook faq on open topped transports I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07 2021, 23:46

Gherma wrote:
You can have 15” liquifiers thanks to a Obsidian Rose transport though. May be not too bad.

Mmm...is the +6" considered a modifer? I'm not sure on that.
Back to top Go down
deathwishjoe
Slave
deathwishjoe

PostSubject: Re: New core rulebook faq on open topped transports   New core rulebook faq on open topped transports I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08 2021, 01:52

Cerve wrote:
Nothing changed, that rule was there since the 8th.
That is not correct.  its a rewording of a similar rule but it is a rewording. this new rewording is far more permissive then the previously worded rule.  

Cerve wrote:
Nope, because DT buff begin when the veichle shoot, and ends when the veichle ends to shoot. So when the embarked squad shoot both before or after the veichle the DF buff still down.

There is nothing in the description of the dark technomancer ability to suggest that is how it works.  In fact the dark technomancer ability specifically states it lasts until end of phase.  If you have evidence to the contrary please cite and I will be happy to look it up.
Back to top Go down
Oaka
Kabalite Warrior
Oaka

PostSubject: Re: New core rulebook faq on open topped transports   New core rulebook faq on open topped transports I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08 2021, 04:39

Dark Technomancers does last until the end of the phase, so that isn't the reason it can't be applied to embarked passengers. It can't be applied because DT modifies weapons, not the transport. It's not the Venom that has a +1 to wound modifier, it's the splinter cannons. You can choose to enhance one splinter cannon and not the other, for example.

Kalmah likes this post

Back to top Go down
deathwishjoe
Slave
deathwishjoe

PostSubject: Re: New core rulebook faq on open topped transports   New core rulebook faq on open topped transports I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08 2021, 16:51

That is a very good arguement oak and I cant really see a counter arguement.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New core rulebook faq on open topped transports   New core rulebook faq on open topped transports I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New core rulebook faq on open topped transports
Page 1 of 1