THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dropping Down on the Dark City

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kurtix
Slave
Kurtix

Dropping Down on the Dark City Empty
PostSubject: Dropping Down on the Dark City   Dropping Down on the Dark City I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28 2021, 04:04

Good day to you, fellow degenerates! New here on the forum and new to the Drukhari army too, but not to the game.

I started to play 40k 15 years ago as i got myself into an official GW store that was running a big event as closure to the Medusa V world campaign. Since then i have been starting a different army on each edition, and after rolling through Black templars, Demons of Chaos, Agents of the Inquisition, Imperial Guard and Space Wolves, now is time for the true kin to take the spotlight on my gaming tables. REALLY excited about the new Codex coming closer and i have been consistently coming to the spires of Commorragh on a regular basis for the last two month so i just decided to take part on it and not just stalk from the shadows like a Mandrake.

Im mostly consider myself a "for fun" and "for lore" player than competitive, and currently building up and painting my army as i still wait on the specifics of the new rules (Not that i will be playing many games with the lockdown and restrictions going on anyway...). Anyway, i for one do like what i have seen so far for the future of the army and have a good feeling that i will enjoy playing this army A LOT.

See you on the spires, Archons!

The Strange Dark One likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Dropping Down on the Dark City   Dropping Down on the Dark City I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28 2021, 21:48

Welcome to Commorragh Kurtix!
Nice picture you got there! inspiration for your future color scheme?
Also, welcome to the cant-wait-for-future-codex-club!
Hoping coming week we will see some new stuffs waiting in the shadow for us!!
Back to top Go down
Kurtix
Slave
Kurtix

PostSubject: Re: Dropping Down on the Dark City   Dropping Down on the Dark City I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28 2021, 21:55

In fact it was the other way around, edited the image to get my color scheme on it hahaha

Thanks for the welcome and yeah, lets see what we get this week on the Community!
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Dropping Down on the Dark City   Dropping Down on the Dark City I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01 2021, 13:36

Welcome to the Dark City! I look forward to seeing some of your posts over the coming weeks/months. An exciting time to join up with the True Kin!
Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Dropping Down on the Dark City   Dropping Down on the Dark City I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01 2021, 13:46

Kurtix wrote:
In fact it was the other way around, edited the image to get my color scheme on it hahaha

Thanks for the welcome and yeah, lets see what we get this week on the Community!

are you using a particular software to do so? cause it's something i'd love to find, something to easily try color patterns on our model without actually using a real model.....
Back to top Go down
Kurtix
Slave
Kurtix

PostSubject: Re: Dropping Down on the Dark City   Dropping Down on the Dark City I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01 2021, 16:11

And i will be glad to post here and share what i can with the community.

Kalmah wrote:
Kurtix wrote:

are you using a particular software to do so? cause it's something i'd love to find, something to easily try color patterns on our model without actually using a real model.....

Just Photoshop, it has a lot of options to merge black&white images with color tints, that is what i did on the image. Originally it was black, i lighted it up a bit to have it in shades of grey and then merged it with a purple layer XD
Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Dropping Down on the Dark City   Dropping Down on the Dark City I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01 2021, 17:12

Thanks for the info! I do not own Photoshop sadly Sad i'll figure out something!
(lol the sad part of my story is that like 18 years ago i started a class in infographic but never finished it, so i know a little how to use Photoshop but never purchased it and i'm not good at all at finding cracked version)
Back to top Go down
JRG
Hellion
JRG

PostSubject: Re: Dropping Down on the Dark City   Dropping Down on the Dark City I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01 2021, 18:26

"...Welcome to the port traveler, it's always exciting to see a fresh face here.....cost of admission you ask, it's free, it's all free...in fact, you are freer here than anywhere else in the galaxy, there are no laws, no expectations, virtues or morales. If you want something all you have to do is reach your hand out and grasp it, Commorragh is every dream you can dream and every nightmare you can imagine. That is your reward, your reward for all you have given, for your sacrifice, what sacrifice? *laughs* the ultimate sacrifice of course, your soul! For she who thirsts is always hungry and now you are at the top of the menu.... Twisted Evil Now let me teach you your first lesson, don't talk to strangers and this is what a Drukhari knife looks like... *stab*  Laughing "

Razz Welcome Kurtix! You said you liked lore and so I thought I'd give you my own view of how arriving in Commorragh for the first time might actually be like. Razz  We of course are actually a friendly bunch and all are very welcoming! Very Happy

Kalmah likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Dropping Down on the Dark City   Dropping Down on the Dark City I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01 2021, 18:53

excellent message of introduction JRG, you made me laugh Wink cause it's so true that it's probably the way introductions are made in Commorragh!
Back to top Go down
Kurtix
Slave
Kurtix

PostSubject: Re: Dropping Down on the Dark City   Dropping Down on the Dark City I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01 2021, 19:10

Yeah, it is quite fitting! Hahaha maybe a bit too much of a talk before the stabbing and a bit short on creepy intimidation hahaha
Back to top Go down
JRG
Hellion
JRG

PostSubject: Re: Dropping Down on the Dark City   Dropping Down on the Dark City I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01 2021, 19:34

Always glad to make a fellow Drukhari chuckle Kalmah, we do have the best sense of humor after all!

Right you are Kurtix! In the free port of Commorragh, there is surely a flavor of Drukhari for every vice!
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Dropping Down on the Dark City   Dropping Down on the Dark City I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 02 2021, 19:08

Lol, very entertaining @JRG
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dropping Down on the Dark City   Dropping Down on the Dark City I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dropping Down on the Dark City
Page 1 of 1