THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Splintermind reactions

Go down 
+22
Count Adhemar
KiriONE
Sess
Soulless Samurai
krayd
Oaka
Koldan
Grimcrimm
Gelmir
albions-angel
Dark Elf Dave
TheBaconPope
HERO
Vailex
DingK
nerdelemental
harlokin
The Strange Dark One
CptMetal
Ripper.McGuirl
sekac
Cerve
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

Splintermind reactions - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splintermind reactions   Splintermind reactions - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14 2021, 01:46

sekac wrote:

The only thing the Covens really lost was the PoF, black cornucopians gimmick. Well that and sniping Reapers. Neither of which strike me as a concern for a mostly casual player, as Brian claims to be. Beyond that, covens are better than they were, IMO. Artists of the Flesh grotesques and Talos are as tough or tougher than PoF against a lot of weapons, and DT liquifiers are bonkers good. I honestly think 60 point wracks with 2 liquifiers are the best troop unit, point for point in the codex. Hell, even 20 blobs of Dark Artisan wracks with a hexrifle and 4x ossefactors makes a great utility unit for holding objectives, sniping characters, and ripping up light infantry.

The primary complaint that they had re: covens was how much their functionality hinges on having PfP. His main problem is that he felt that his coven was unusable if he tried to ally some harlequins in, while kabals seem a bit more functional without PfP.

sweetbacon likes this post

Back to top Go down
sekac
Wych
sekac

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind reactions   Splintermind reactions - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14 2021, 03:29

krayd wrote:
sekac wrote:

The only thing the Covens really lost was the PoF, black cornucopians gimmick. Well that and sniping Reapers. Neither of which strike me as a concern for a mostly casual player, as Brian claims to be. Beyond that, covens are better than they were, IMO. Artists of the Flesh grotesques and Talos are as tough or tougher than PoF against a lot of weapons, and DT liquifiers are bonkers good. I honestly think 60 point wracks with 2 liquifiers are the best troop unit, point for point in the codex. Hell, even 20 blobs of Dark Artisan wracks with a hexrifle and 4x ossefactors makes a great utility unit for holding objectives, sniping characters, and ripping up light infantry.

The primary complaint that they had re: covens was how much their functionality hinges on having PfP. His main problem is that he felt that his coven was unusable if he tried to ally some harlequins in, while kabals seem a bit more functional without PfP.

Huh. I mean I somewhat agree. So I guess they are really just upset about not being able to soup more than anything else. Covens are totally fine.

harlokin likes this post

Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind reactions   Splintermind reactions - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14 2021, 16:12

I am including 30 Wracks/Haemoxytes for the forseeable future. They have been an MVP since I started including enough of them. Even PoF seems better in a Wrack heavy list. Waffling between going PoF and a Custom Coven this weekend (Master Torturers and Splinter Blades average 13 saves from a 10 man squad!).

Im looking forward to listening to their next podcast. Something tells me they will be eating crow Razz
Back to top Go down
Yziel
Kabalite Warrior
Yziel

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind reactions   Splintermind reactions - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14 2021, 16:17

fisheyes wrote:
I am including 30 Wracks/Haemoxytes for the forseeable future.

You can only take 10x units of the special units but yes 30 Wrack stacks are really interesting
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind reactions   Splintermind reactions - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Splintermind reactions
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5