THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

First stab at 2000 pts from new Codex

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

First stab at 2000 pts from new Codex Empty
PostSubject: First stab at 2000 pts from new Codex   First stab at 2000 pts from new Codex I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06 2021, 15:31

Drukhari Triple Patrol [101 PL, 11CP, 2,000pts]
Stratagems: 2x Tolerated Ambition, Prizes from the Dark City

Patrol Detachment - Kabal of the Black Heart

HQ
Master Archon [5 PL, -1CP, 80pts]
Venom Blade, Consummate Weaponmaster, The Helm of Spite

Troops
Kabalite Trueborn [8 PL, 140pts]
6x Kabalite Trueborn w/ Splinter Rifle, Kabalite Trueborn w/ Dark Lance, 2xKabalite Trueborn w/ Blaster, Trueborn Sybarite w/ Phantasm Grenade Launcher, Splinter Rifle

Elites
Incubi [4 PL, 80pts]
4x Incubi, Klaivex: Demiklaives

Incubi [4 PL, 80pts]
4x Incubi, Klaivex: Demiklaives

Heavy Support
Ravager [8 PL, 140pts]
Selections: 3x Dark Lance

Dedicated Transport
Raider [5 PL, 100pts]
Dark Lance, Phantasm Grenade Launcher, Splinter racks

Raider [5 PL, 105pts]
Chain-snares, Dark Lance, Grisly Trophies, Phantasm Grenade Launcher, Shock Prow

Raider [5 PL, 105pts]
Chain-snares, Dark Lance, Grisly Trophies, Phantasm Grenade Launcher, Shock Prow

Raider [5 PL, 105pts]

Patrol Detachment - Cult of Strife

HQ
Master Succubus [4 PL, -1CP, 75pts]
Adrenalight (Combat Drug)
Precision Blows, The Triptych Whip, Archite Glaive

Troops
Hekatrix Bloodbrides [8 PL, 145pts]
Hekatrix, Agoniser, Blast Pistol, 7x Hekatrix Bloodbride, Hekatrix Bloodbride w/ Hydra Gauntlets,
Hekatrix Bloodbride w/ Shardnet and Impaler

Wyches [6 PL, 120pts]
Hekatrix, Agoniser, Blast Pistol, 8x Wych, Wych w/ Shardnet and Impaler

Fast Attack
Reavers [10 PL, 225pts]
Splintermind (Combat Drug)
9 Reavers, 3x Grav-talon, 3x Heat Lance

Dedicated Transport
Venom [4 PL, 85pts]
Chain-snares, Grisly Trophies, Splinter Cannon, Twin splinter rifle

Venom [4 PL, 85pts]
Chain-snares, Grisly Trophies, Splinter Cannon, Twin splinter rifle

Patrol Detachment - Dark Technomancers (All-Consuming)

HQ
Drazhar [7 PL, 135pts]
Hatred Eternal, Warlord

Troops
Wracks [3 PL, 60pts]
Acothyst w/ Liquifier Gun, Wrack Blade, Wrack w/ Liquifier Gun, 3x Wracks

Wracks [3 PL, 60pts]
Acothyst w/ Liquifier Gun, Wrack Blade, Wrack w/ Liquifier Gun, 3x Wracks

Elites
Mandrakes [3 PL, 75pts]
4x Mandrake, Nightfiend

First stab at a list with the new codex.

Both units of Wracks grab a Venom and do some drive-by shootings with their shiny new liquifiers.

The Trueborn hang back in a Raider at 18" and shoot stuff.

The Mandrakes grab me some secondaries.

Drazhar, Archon, Succubus, Bloodbrides, Incubi and Wyches go in Raiders, zoom forward, leap out and kill stuff.

The Reavers hang back and shoot at first but then try to murder some characters with Eviscerating Flyby.

The Ravager shoots stuff.

Dalamar
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: First stab at 2000 pts from new Codex   First stab at 2000 pts from new Codex I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06 2021, 15:41

I like it, you are actually very close to Nick Nanavati's first tourney list. he ended up dropping the Venoms for more Raiders in the current build. I think this will work well for you. My only personal critique is the same critique that I was given, way to many points on vehicle upgrades.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: First stab at 2000 pts from new Codex   First stab at 2000 pts from new Codex I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06 2021, 15:46

To be honest, I probably would have taken an extra Raider over the Venoms too but I have 6 Venoms but only 4 Raiders!

The only change I'm thinking of at the moment is whether to drop the Reavers and grab another Ravager and another unit of Mandrakes.

fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: First stab at 2000 pts from new Codex   First stab at 2000 pts from new Codex I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06 2021, 16:46

Those are some awfully costly boats... Most armies should be able to take down 2-4 in a turn (assuming they have LoS)
Back to top Go down
sekac
Wych
sekac

PostSubject: Re: First stab at 2000 pts from new Codex   First stab at 2000 pts from new Codex I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06 2021, 17:24

I would strongly recommend Obsidian Rose over Black Heart in the Kabal detachment. Trueborn get a lot more value out of re-rolling the wound on their lance than they do re-rolling a 2+ to hit. They also have 24" blasters and 30" rapid fire. Basically all BH is doing for you is allowing your Raiders to advance and charge on turn 1 if your opponent deploys/moves in a way where that's possible and worthwhile. When it comes to lances, the math is the same, but OR is better at killing T8.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: First stab at 2000 pts from new Codex   First stab at 2000 pts from new Codex I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06 2021, 17:27

Yeah, I was torn between BH and OR. I'm not using any of the BH specific stuff although I like to have AoV in my toolbox. OR though, are pretty tasty and it's a good point about the Trueborn.

Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: First stab at 2000 pts from new Codex   First stab at 2000 pts from new Codex I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07 2021, 12:27

Okay, totally different take on this. Gone with Obsidian Rose and lots of darklight. Got rid of the Reavers and one unit of Wyches but still got Incubi, Bloodbrides, a melee Archon, Succubus and Drazhar, which seems like a sufficient melee threat. Reapers in the Dark Technomancers seem like a good fit, although they are a bit costly.

2000 Point Drukhari (9e) List [11CP, 2000 pts]
Stratagems: Tolerated Ambition (1CP) - Warlord Trait on Succubus
Tolerated Ambition (1CP) - Warlord Trait on Archon
Prizes from the Dark City (1CP) – Relic on Archon

Patrol Detachment 0CP 1080
Obsession: Kabal of the Obsidian Rose

HQ
Archon – 85
Master Archon, Warlord Trait: Ancient Evil, Relic: The Djin Blade

Troops
Kabalite Trueborn - 140
10 Kabalite Trueborn, PGL, Dark Lance, 2 x Blaster

Elites
Incubi - 80
5 Incubi, Demiklaive

Incubi - 80
5 Incubi Demiklaive

Heavy Support
Ravager – 140

Ravager – 140

Dedicated Transport
Raider - 100
Dark Lance, PGL, Splinter Racks

Raider - 105
Dark Lance, Chain Snares, Grisly Trophies, PGL Shock Prow

Raider - 105

Raider - 105

Patrol Detachment 0CP 325
Obsession: Cult of Strife

HQ
Succubus - 75
Master Succubus, Warlord Trait: Precision Blows, Relic: The Triptych Whip
Combat Drug: Adrenalight (+1A)

Troops
Hekatrix Bloodbrides - 145
10 Bloodbrides, Agoniser, Blast Pistol, Hydra Gauntlets, Shardnet & Impaler
Combat Drug: Adrenalight (+1A)

Elites
Mandrakes – 105
7 Mandrakes

Patrol Detachment 0CP 595
Obsession: Dark Technomancers

HQ
[Warlord] Drazhar – 135
Warlord Trait: Hatred Eternal

Troops
Wracks - 60
2 x Liquifier Gun

Wracks - 60
2 x Liquifier Gun

Heavy Support
Reaper – 170

Reaper – 170

fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: First stab at 2000 pts from new Codex   First stab at 2000 pts from new Codex I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07 2021, 14:00

Your not making good use of the Cult of Strife detatchment. No WLT, Relic, or target for their strats other than the Wyches themselves.

Those boats are still super pricy. I guess the enemy would rather target your 4 gun boats instead, so maybe they will be OK. No way you can hide all 7 on Turn 1, so some of them will probably never get to shoot.

But I think this list has some real teeth. I am curious how it performs (I assume you are in a DG/DA/Marine heavy META where you need all those lances?)
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: First stab at 2000 pts from new Codex   First stab at 2000 pts from new Codex I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07 2021, 14:23

Yeah, main opponents are Ultramarines, Death Guard and Iron Warriors, with some occasional CWE thrown in so darklight is pretty useful.

Good point about CoS. Might change that to Cursed Blade, which is my preferred Cult anyway, absent CoS goodies.

The idea with the pricy Raiders is that they basically move up into the enemy and whichever one survives the longest gets to do the Commorragh Drift move sideways into the enemy using the Shock Prow to inflict mortals on a 4+ to any enemy models in engagement range before the (hopefully) surviving melee troops that have disembarked or been shot out of the boats get to assault. The opponent is faced with a choice of shooting down the Raiders with the juicy melee units inside or shooting at the Ravagers and Reapers at the back. Hopefully they won't be able to do both!

DevilDoll
Wych
DevilDoll

PostSubject: Re: First stab at 2000 pts from new Codex   First stab at 2000 pts from new Codex I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08 2021, 08:12

sekac wrote:
I would strongly recommend Obsidian Rose over Black Heart in the Kabal detachment. Trueborn get a lot more value out of re-rolling the wound on their lance than they do re-rolling a 2+ to hit. They also have 24" blasters and 30" rapid fire. Basically all BH is doing for you is allowing your Raiders to advance and charge on turn 1 if your opponent deploys/moves in a way where that's possible and worthwhile. When it comes to lances, the math is the same, but OR is better at killing T8.

one thing alot of people are forgetting though i that BH helps you out when your gunboats are wounded, which is going to happen eventually
Back to top Go down
sekac
Wych
sekac

PostSubject: Re: First stab at 2000 pts from new Codex   First stab at 2000 pts from new Codex I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08 2021, 13:43

DevilDoll wrote:
sekac wrote:

one thing alot of people are forgetting though i that BH helps you out when your gunboats are wounded, which is going to happen eventually  

Yeah it's definitely something to consider, but doesn't kick in until turn 4. Hopefully, by turn 4 the enemy has already been obliterated.
Back to top Go down
DevilDoll
Wych
DevilDoll

PostSubject: Re: First stab at 2000 pts from new Codex   First stab at 2000 pts from new Codex I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08 2021, 13:57

sekac wrote:
DevilDoll wrote:
sekac wrote:

Yeah it's definitely something to consider, but doesn't kick in until turn 4. Hopefully, by turn 4 the enemy has already been obliterated.

Actually i ment the hit reroll helps more when the gunboats are wounded and their BS drops, not the PfP +1 which helps as well of course
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First stab at 2000 pts from new Codex   First stab at 2000 pts from new Codex I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First stab at 2000 pts from new Codex
Page 1 of 1