THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2000 pts new codex list

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
duckduckgoose
Hellion
duckduckgoose

2000 pts new codex list Empty
PostSubject: 2000 pts new codex list   2000 pts new codex list I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08 2021, 20:59

The basic idea of this list is sort of a 'hammer and anvil' approach. The coven units will be the anvil, while basically everything else is a hammer. I've got some strong shooty threats in the ravagers and trueborn on raider, some strong CC threats in the incubi, wyches, succubus, Drazhar and hellions. 2 raiders will carry 5x incubi + 5x wyches + character (succubus or Drazhar), while coven units will be on foot soaking up damage and holding midboard - at least that is the idea. Thoughts?

++ Battalion Detachment 0CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) [104 PL, 10CP, 1,865pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Battle Size [12CP]: 3. Strike Force (101-200 Total PL / 1001-2000 Points)

Detachment Command Cost

Obsession: Cult of Strife: The Spectacle of Murder, Kabal of the Black Heart: Thirst for Power, Realspace Raid, The Prophets of Flesh: Connoisseurs of Pain

+ HQ +

Archon [5 PL, 85pts]: Huskblade, Labyrinthine Cunning, Raid Mastermind, Splinter Pistol, Warlord
. Splintered Genius (Black Heart): Splintered Genius

Haemonculus [5 PL, -1CP, 100pts]: Stratagem: Tolerated Ambition, The Vexator Mask, Twisted Animator
. Alchemical Maestro (Prophets): Alchemical Maestro

Succubus [4 PL, -1CP, 75pts]: 2 - Grave Lotus (Combat Drug), Master Executioner, Stratagem: Tolerated Ambition
. Agoniser & Archite Glaive
. Show Stealer (Strife): Show Stealer

+ Troops +

Haemoxytes [8 PL, 80pts]
. 7x Haemoxyte: 7x Wrack Blade
. Haemoxyte Acothyst: Wrack Blade

Kabalite Trueborn [8 PL, 135pts]
. 6x Kabalite Trueborn: 6x Splinter Rifle
. Kabalite Trueborn w/ Heavy Weapon: Dark Lance
. Kabalite Trueborn w/ Special Weapon: Blaster
. Kabalite Trueborn w/ Special Weapon: Blaster
. Trueborn Sybarite: Splinter Rifle

Wyches [3 PL, 50pts]: 2 - Grave Lotus (Combat Drug)
. Hekatrix: Hekatarii Blade, Splinter Pistol
. 4x Wych: 4x Hekatarii Blade, 4x Plasma Grenades, 4x Splinter Pistol

Wyches [3 PL, 50pts]: 2 - Grave Lotus (Combat Drug)
. Hekatrix: Hekatarii Blade, Splinter Pistol
. 4x Wych: 4x Hekatarii Blade, 4x Plasma Grenades, 4x Splinter Pistol

+ Elites +

Grotesques [6 PL, 120pts]
. Grotesque w/ Monstrous Cleaver

Incubi [4 PL, 80pts]
. 4x Incubi: 4x Klaive
. Klaivex: Klaive

Incubi [4 PL, 80pts]
. 4x Incubi: 4x Klaive
. Klaivex: Klaive

+ Fast Attack +

Hellions [11 PL, 255pts]: 2 - Grave Lotus (Combat Drug)
. Helliarch: Hellglaive
. 14x Hellion: 14x Hellglaive, 14x Splinter Pods

+ Heavy Support +

Ravager [8 PL, 140pts]: 3x Dark Lance

Ravager [8 PL, 140pts]: 3x Dark Lance

Talos [12 PL, 220pts]
. Talos: Chain-flails, Macro-scalpel
. . Two heat lances
. Talos: Chain-flails, Macro-scalpel
. . Two heat lances

+ Dedicated Transport +

Raider [5 PL, 85pts]: Dark Lance, Kabal

++ Auxiliary Support Detachment -2CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) [7 PL, -2CP, 135pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Detachment Command Cost [-2CP]

+ HQ +

Drazhar [7 PL, 135pts]

++ Total: [111 PL, 8CP, 2,000pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe
Back to top Go down
sweetbacon
Wych
sweetbacon

PostSubject: Re: 2000 pts new codex list   2000 pts new codex list I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09 2021, 00:57

PoF is mediocre for Grotesques and downright bad for Talos. Artists of the Flesh is mathematically the best obsession to improve the durability of your multi-wound Coven units. And honestly, two Talos are going to be way less survivable than you think.

My advice would be to drop the Talos and Grotesque. Bump your Wracks up to 10. Add a third Ravager. Add Mandrakes or Shredder Scourges for secondary scoring and anti-horde. Or increase your lethality by adding another Raider with Wyches and Incubi.

And optimize your Succubus into a murder missile by giving her the Tryptych Whip and Precision Blows.

Coven units can work but the list has to be built around them and in a RSR, except for Wracks, I don’t think they synchronize well with Kabals and Cults to justify how fragile they are now for their point costs.
Back to top Go down
duckduckgoose
Hellion
duckduckgoose

PostSubject: Re: 2000 pts new codex list   2000 pts new codex list I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09 2021, 02:51

Interesting take. So you’re saying coven aren’t really that effective unless you build a list around them? What synergies do you see with wracks. I’m considering taking Dark Techromancers and loading the wracks up with liquified guns.
Back to top Go down
sweetbacon
Wych
sweetbacon

PostSubject: Re: 2000 pts new codex list   2000 pts new codex list I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09 2021, 04:11

DT Wracks with Liquifiers are amazing and fit well into any list. They’re by far the most efficient and reliable Coven unit right now. For mixed faction lists, I think they’re the only Coven unit that synergizes well with Wyches and Kabals.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: 2000 pts new codex list   2000 pts new codex list I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09 2021, 16:54

Honestly, this looks like a good "test" list. Has a little of everything so you can cut your teeth and see what works for you.

I would give it a go, just to see for yourself.

As others have said, I would avoid PoF for your Coven faction. Their main use appears to be for Wrack hoards, who dont need a Haemonculus nearby for the +1T aura (which you have not leveraged here).

Something to note for your next list, there is a pretty large opportunity cost to running the Realspace Raid. In future lists, if you are running the battalion, you should try to maxamize all the benefits:
-Archon - make him as killy as possible to leverage that "Master" double fight ability (you did include Trueborn, good job)
-Fast Attack - Raiding force only gets you 2, instead of 3. I would highly recomend filling them up, even if its just Beastpacks
-Blades for Hire - They get Black Heart buffs in the Realspace Raid, so trying to bring the most Incubi/Scourges/Mandrakes as possible is a good idea.

But again, this is a good "try everything" list. I would not change anything until you get at least 1 game under your belt Wink
Back to top Go down
sekac
Wych
sekac

PostSubject: Re: 2000 pts new codex list   2000 pts new codex list I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09 2021, 17:03

sweetbacon wrote:
DT Wracks with Liquifiers are amazing and fit well into any list.  They’re by far the most efficient and reliable Coven unit right now.  For mixed faction lists, I think they’re the only Coven unit that synergizes well with Wyches and Kabals.  

I like DT Raiders with dissies too. That damage 3 is hard to come by in our faction, and very handy for killing anything in Gravis armor or anything with -1 damage modifiers. They occasionally take some mortal wounds, but it hasn't added up to anything significant in my games. On average, it's about 5 MW per game if it lives all 5 turns.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2000 pts new codex list   2000 pts new codex list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2000 pts new codex list
Page 1 of 1