THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Tabletop Simulator (TTS)

Go down 
+2
Yziel
Count Adhemar
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Tabletop Simulator (TTS) Empty
PostSubject: Tabletop Simulator (TTS)   Tabletop Simulator (TTS) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12 2021, 12:28

I've been watching a few YouTube videos about how to use this and it looks pretty amazing for games during lockdown. Any of you guys using this? What are your experiences?
Back to top Go down
Yziel
Kabalite Warrior
Yziel

PostSubject: Re: Tabletop Simulator (TTS)   Tabletop Simulator (TTS) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12 2021, 12:44

I've only tried it once for 40k and a few times for Malifaux. While it's totally functional in a gaming sense it totally loses the "magic" of miniature games for me.

There's a feeling that comes with standing around the table with friends and moving your figures around that's just not there.

I really should give it another few tries if only from a practice and learning mindset.

As far as functionality and ease of use I thought it worked pretty well.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Tabletop Simulator (TTS)   Tabletop Simulator (TTS) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12 2021, 13:59

Been using it for a year now, honestly wondering why I didnt get into it earlier.

You can embed rules into the models, so you dont need to constantly ask someone "What does that do again?"

Having your WLT/Relics/Stats/Abilities built into the models REALLY helps with your game development.

However, I was told in my last game that the models Ive been using for my Raiders have a virus built in, so there are dangers with it. Very unfortnate.

Still recommend to anyone who is willing to learn. Becuase of TTS I have gotten more games in, than any other time in my life Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mynamelegend
Kabalite Warrior
mynamelegend

PostSubject: Re: Tabletop Simulator (TTS)   Tabletop Simulator (TTS) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12 2021, 17:24

I mean picking up my own painted minis and moving them around, and click-clacking all my little dice in my little gremlin hands, is lost.

But honestly all the upsides, such as being able to play with my friends all over the world (let alone play PERIOD during a pan-freaking-demic) are amazing, and it runs as smoothly and quickly as physically playing the game once you've got it all set up. It's definitely leaps and bounds ahead of Vassal, that's for sure.

tldr: Do it.
Back to top Go down
HERO
Hekatrix
HERO

PostSubject: Re: Tabletop Simulator (TTS)   Tabletop Simulator (TTS) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12 2021, 17:26

I've played with it, 4 games with the new book. It takes Forever to play and I'm very computer-savvy. It just takes time. Stuff that I can do in IRL that takes seconds takes minutes, minutes take more minutes..etc.

It's better than not playing.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Tabletop Simulator (TTS)   Tabletop Simulator (TTS) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12 2021, 20:40

Honestly, the ability to know EXACTLY what is on that enemy character/unit is worth gold.

No questioning "did that Captain have the relic or the Warlord trait?". Boom, its right there, no arguing or questions asked.

Note that I am talking about Battlescribe2Tabletopsimulator, where it takes your Battlescribe file and adds that to models. Top notch stuff IMHO.
Back to top Go down
albions-angel
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Tabletop Simulator (TTS)   Tabletop Simulator (TTS) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12 2021, 21:53

I have used it. I can see why people dont like it. My friends dont. They tried it with me, but while they liked the "official" stuff (nothing is GW licenced, but there is a pro scene that makes most of the models, scripts and such) like the dice sorter (roll a bunch of dice, it sorts them into 1s, 2s, 3s, etc, and lets you select a single number, everything above it, or everything below it for easy rerolling) and the auto measuring, and the objective overlays, they missed the real world aspect more than they liked the convenience. I personally find the convenience just as good as the in person, but for me the big draw is joking with my friends, so if they dont want to play, I am not all that fussed either.

Its worth giving it a go. Go to the TableTopSimulator warhammer subreddit and join their discord, they have a complete guide for how to install all the mods. I would also be happy to show you some of the maps and army loaders if you wanted, though I wont be playing a game myself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tabletop Simulator (TTS)   Tabletop Simulator (TTS) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tabletop Simulator (TTS)
Page 1 of 1