THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Phantasmal Grenade Launchers and 2d6 distribution

Go down 
+5
sweetbacon
Yziel
Koldan
amishprn86
Otasolgryn
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Yziel
Kabalite Warrior
Yziel

Phantasmal Grenade Launchers and 2d6 distribution Empty
PostSubject: Phantasmal Grenade Launchers and 2d6 distribution   Phantasmal Grenade Launchers and 2d6 distribution I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25 2021, 18:13

Due to the result distribution of 2d6 rolls being weighted towards the middle (7) I feel like it's important (if you intend to take many) to at least get opponents below Ld 7 to insure you wound them somewhat consistently.

Against regular marines this is fairly easy to achieve since they are Ld 8 so the Trophies will get them to 6 which is great because a roll of 7+ will wound them.

Bladeguards are 9 However so you would need that extra Dark Creed debuff to get them to the 6, same thing for terminators.

I guess I'm trying to figure out if keeping my Coven detachment Dark Creed would be worth it to hit that break point or if I should bring Dark Technomancy for the flamers instead?

Anyone else done any thinking or testing of this? I'd appreciate any thoughts on it.

I'm finally getting some models delivered and have to figure out how to assemble them Smile
Back to top Go down
Otasolgryn
Slave
Otasolgryn

PostSubject: Re: Phantasmal Grenade Launchers and 2d6 distribution   Phantasmal Grenade Launchers and 2d6 distribution I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25 2021, 21:47

I dont think i would take dark creed for a few mortal wounds. Compared to the output from the flamers, the launchers aint much.

But either way you need to build around either to make it work.
I like the technomancers as i can just take a few wracks in a bus, and leave it at that. They dont need baby sitters.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Phantasmal Grenade Launchers and 2d6 distribution   Phantasmal Grenade Launchers and 2d6 distribution I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26 2021, 01:06

Yeah, take Dark Creed.

I have a list design with 1 purpose in mind, only PGL's lol

List:

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Phantasmal Grenade Launchers and 2d6 distribution   Phantasmal Grenade Launchers and 2d6 distribution I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26 2021, 02:42

I admit, there is much synergy between Dark Creed, Grizzly Trophies and PGLs, but I dont think, Leadership-Bombs are consistent enough to build your List around it.
Its a nice Bonus, sure, but you better dont count on it. Oh, dont forget our sweet spikey Aspectwarriors. Incubi also make good use of low Ld.

Kabalite Warrior
Koldan

PostSubject: Re: Phantasmal Grenade Launchers and 2d6 distribution   Phantasmal Grenade Launchers and 2d6 distribution I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26 2021, 13:26

I am not sure if Dark Creed alone for the pgl would be worth it, probably not. But the obsession has a nice warlord trait and the +1 to hit is nice for Talos Gauntlets.
And if you think you can pull it off in your local meta, Poison Tongue plus Dark Creed give together -2 to the combat attrition tests of your opponent, which is also not bad against certain armies. So if you want to go the leadership bomb way you could add poison tongue to gain more from the low leadership besides better pgls, even though this is not working at all if you expect to fight mostly marines.
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: Phantasmal Grenade Launchers and 2d6 distribution   Phantasmal Grenade Launchers and 2d6 distribution I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26 2021, 14:25

So, Sybarite  with Shredder and PGL is 18 points.

Sybarite with Blaster is 18 points.

Does a chance to cause mortal wounds worth more then Blaster?

Yziel
Kabalite Warrior
Yziel

PostSubject: Re: Phantasmal Grenade Launchers and 2d6 distribution   Phantasmal Grenade Launchers and 2d6 distribution I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26 2021, 17:06

Depends entirely what you are shooting at, against several targets the PGL does a lot more damage on average and is cheaper.
Back to top Go down
sweetbacon
Wych
sweetbacon

PostSubject: Re: Phantasmal Grenade Launchers and 2d6 distribution   Phantasmal Grenade Launchers and 2d6 distribution I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26 2021, 21:33

Blasters are dead to me now unless I’m running a full Kabalite army. One shot D6 dmg weapons are a recipe for turn after turn of disappointment.

Sambomaster likes this post

Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Phantasmal Grenade Launchers and 2d6 distribution   Phantasmal Grenade Launchers and 2d6 distribution I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28 2021, 06:43

sweetbacon wrote:
Blasters are dead to me now unless I’m running a full Kabalite army.  One shot D6 dmg weapons are a recipe for turn after turn of disappointment.  

Good against multi wound armies like marines.
Only loyalist Marines of course.
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: Phantasmal Grenade Launchers and 2d6 distribution   Phantasmal Grenade Launchers and 2d6 distribution I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28 2021, 08:48

I kinda like them in Black Heart. You always have that reroll for that single blaster, even inside transport. In my meta everybody have at least 1 Space Marine army.

Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Phantasmal Grenade Launchers and 2d6 distribution   Phantasmal Grenade Launchers and 2d6 distribution I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28 2021, 11:41

Blasters only have a 16,66% chance to do only one point of damage.
With S8 and AP-4, thats still pretty good.

Wych
The Strange Dark One

PostSubject: Re: Phantasmal Grenade Launchers and 2d6 distribution   Phantasmal Grenade Launchers and 2d6 distribution I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28 2021, 12:38

Blasters shine in particular against Primaris/Terminators because that 1D6 has a 2/3 chance of dealing 3+ damage.
Couple this with the fact that Black Heart/Obsidian Rose let's you re-roll a single shot you get a lot of value out of those 10pts.

Shredders are still great against GEQ, but due to losing re-rolls on wounds their effectiveness against MEQ has suffered quite a bit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Phantasmal Grenade Launchers and 2d6 distribution   Phantasmal Grenade Launchers and 2d6 distribution I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Phantasmal Grenade Launchers and 2d6 distribution
Page 1 of 1