THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Double Bloodbrides - competitive?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lector27
Slave
Lector27

Double Bloodbrides - competitive? Empty
PostSubject: Double Bloodbrides - competitive?   Double Bloodbrides - competitive? I_icon_minitimeWed May 05 2021, 18:42

Curious to see if two Master Succubi and attending Bloodbrides are a competitively valid choice - using CoS and Cursed Blade here, with Drazhar and the killy Master Archon leading incubi and a small kabalite contingent from Obsidian Rose for some fire support and MSU obsec w the Kabalites also acting as a cushion for the Incubi when the Raiders get shot down.
Transports as follows:
RAIDER 1 - CoS Succubus / Bloodbrides
RAIDER 2 - CB Succubus / Bloodbrides
RAIDER 3 - Archon, 5 trueborn, 5 incubi
RAIDER 4 - Drazhar, 5 kabalites, 5 incubi
RAIDER 5 - 5 kabalites, 5 incubi

++ Patrol Detachment 0CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) [23 PL, 475pts, 12CP] ++

+ Configuration +

Battle Size [12CP]: 3. Strike Force (101-200 Total PL / 1001-2000 Points)

Detachment Command Cost

Obsession: Cult of the Cursed Blade: Only The Strong Will Survive

Raiding Forces - CP Refund [2CP]

+ Stratagems +

Stratagem: Prizes from the Dark City [-1CP]

Stratagem: Prizes from the Dark City [-1CP]

+ HQ +

Succubus [4 PL, 75pts]: *Random x 2* (Combat Drug), Precision Blows, The Triptych Whip, Warlord
. Agoniser & Archite Glaive
. Show Stealer (Cursed Blade): Show Stealer

+ Troops +

Hekatrix Bloodbrides [8 PL, 145pts]: *Random x 2* (Combat Drug)
. Hekatrix: Agoniser, Splinter Pistol
. 6x Hekatrix Bloodbride: 6x Hekatarii Blade, 6x Plasma Grenades, 6x Splinter Pistol
. Hekatrix Bloodbride w/ Hydra Gauntlets: Hydra Gauntlets
. Hekatrix Bloodbride w/ Razorflails: Razorflails
. Hekatrix Bloodbride w/ Shardnet and Impaler: Shardnet and Impaler

+ Fast Attack +

Hellions [11 PL, 255pts]: *Random x 2* (Combat Drug)
. Helliarch: Hellglaive
. 14x Hellion: 14x Hellglaive, 14x Splinter Pods

++ Patrol Detachment -2CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) [55 PL, 995pts, -1CP] ++

+ Configuration +

Detachment Command Cost [-2CP]

Obsession: Kabal of the Obsidian Rose: Flawless Workmanship

+ HQ +

Archon [5 PL, 90pts, -1CP]: Blast Pistol, Hatred Eternal, Huskblade, Overlord, Stratagem: Tolerated Ambition, The Djin Blade
. Splintered Genius (Obsidian Rose): Splintered Genius

Drazhar [7 PL, 135pts]

+ Troops +

Kabalite Trueborn [4 PL, 60pts]
. 3x Kabalite Trueborn: 3x Splinter Rifle
. Kabalite Trueborn w/ Special Weapon: Blaster
. Trueborn Sybarite: Splinter Rifle

Kabalite Warriors [3 PL, 50pts]
. 3x Kabalite Warrior: 3x Splinter Rifle
. Kabalite Warrior w/ Special Weapon: Blaster
. Sybarite: Splinter Rifle

Kabalite Warriors [3 PL, 50pts]
. 3x Kabalite Warrior: 3x Splinter Rifle
. Kabalite Warrior w/ Special Weapon: Blaster
. Sybarite: Splinter Rifle

+ Elites +

Incubi [4 PL, 80pts]
. 4x Incubi: 4x Klaive
. Klaivex: Demiklaives

Incubi [4 PL, 80pts]
. Klaivex: Demiklaives

+ Dedicated Transport +

Raider [5 PL, 90pts]: Dark Lance, Grisly Trophies, Kabal

++ Patrol Detachment -2CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) [25 PL, 530pts, -2CP] ++

+ Configuration +

Detachment Command Cost [-2CP]

Obsession: Cult of Strife: The Spectacle of Murder (Restricted)

+ HQ +

Succubus [4 PL, 75pts, -1CP]: 1 - Adrenalight (Combat Drug), Competitive Edge, Dark Lotus Toxin, Razorflails, Stratagem: Tolerated Ambition
. Show Stealer (Strife): Show Stealer

+ Troops +

Hekatrix Bloodbrides [8 PL, 145pts, -1CP]: 2 - Grave Lotus (Combat Drug)
. Hekatrix: Agoniser, Morvaines's Agoniser, Splinter Pistol, Stratagem: Hekatrix of the Crucibael
. 6x Hekatrix Bloodbride: 6x Hekatarii Blade, 6x Plasma Grenades, 6x Splinter Pistol
. Hekatrix Bloodbride w/ Hydra Gauntlets: Hydra Gauntlets
. Hekatrix Bloodbride w/ Razorflails: Razorflails
. Hekatrix Bloodbride w/ Shardnet and Impaler: Shardnet and Impaler

+ Elites +

Incubi [4 PL, 80pts]
. Klaivex: Klaive

+ Fast Attack +

Reavers [9 PL, 230pts]: 20 Points - Not-English Codex, 6 - Splintermind (Combat Drug), 3x Grav-talon
. Arena Champion: Agoniser, Splinter Rifle
. 5x Reaver: 5x Bladevanes, 5x Splinter Pistol, 5x Splinter Rifle
. Reaver with special weapon (up to 1 for 3 models): Heat Lance

++ Total: [103 PL, 2,000pts, 9CP] ++

Created with BattleScribe

I am pretty torn on which Cults to distribute the Reavers and Hellions in but for the moment I put the Reavers in the CoS detachment to take advantage of the extra fall back and shoot/charge strat (w their GravTalons and Heat Lances) but put the Hellions in the Cursed Blade detachment bc I see them benefitting more from having an in-built strength bonus (I feel pretty secure about +1 T for their drug) and dishing mortal wounds back in combat, but still unsure.
As far as secondaries go, probably either Engage or Herd the Prey depending on the mission / opponent, one kill-based secondary, but the third is a bit tricky - my fallback, though I don’t love it, is Deploy Scramblers w Screaming Jets + the disembark strat for the lat Raider w only incubi and kabalites. Let me know if you think this could work / any improvements I could make, thanks!!
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Double Bloodbrides - competitive?   Double Bloodbrides - competitive? I_icon_minitimeWed May 05 2021, 18:51

Dont forget you can just Webway Portal a 5 man unit of something to deploy scramblers. That "something" will likely die immediately after, but saves you the cost of the Raider and the CP to disembark and do the action.

Dont forget that CoS has the Invigorated by Evisoration strat (4++ save when you kill a unit in CC). That thing is GOLD on the fast Wych killers like Hellions/Raiders.

Cursed Blade certainly has legs this edition. The flat +1S really helps for drug choice (I generally want S4 fists at minimum).

Do you think you could spare some points to bring that Trueborn unit up to full strength? I see Armor/Dreadnaught lists giving you a bit of trouble, Trueborn with the standard loadout (Dark Lance and 2 Blasters) would help here.

Most importantly, you got to go out and see if this list "clicks" with you. Let us know how it goes, and what does/doesnt work for your playstyle.
Back to top Go down
Lector27
Slave
Lector27

PostSubject: Re: Double Bloodbrides - competitive?   Double Bloodbrides - competitive? I_icon_minitimeWed May 05 2021, 22:01

Thanks for the feedback!
re: webway portal - right duh lol - got caughg up in overthinking the disappear / outflank w the raider to redeploy them late game against armies that can successfully screen out their deployment zones BR 2/3, too corcumstantial tho and def just webway them if I DS them pregame.
Had somehow thought Invigorated by Evisceration was only wyches but ya ur right, very good case for moving the hellions then, thanks for that catch! I may have to play cagier if I di so bc then I probably give them +1S for the drug and T4 before they get that kill will be iffy. Curious what anyone’s thoughts are about unit size for Hellions also - 1 of 15 feels right for me but also hard to hide.
The trueborn issue I also in part agree with - I’m going to struggle against heavily mechanized lists, and I had the full 10 w dark lance in an earlier rendition, but I’m opting for that sacrifice to stick with spreading them out to cushion the incubi. Those Raiders will be more about the Incubi than the kabalites, but having 3 of 5 each lets me space out the Incubi across all the Raiders, which should make it more difficult for my opponent to kill more than unit of them per turn before their arrival, and force my opponent to disembark my obsec alongside them as well. Ultimately, I feel that will have more value than the extra dark lance, especially as it will then have to share the wound re-roll with the other two blasters.
I will be playing with this list soon against some Deathwatch - may play around with putting Hellions in CoS, thanks again!
Back to top Go down
Into the darkness
Hellion
Into the darkness

PostSubject: Re: Double Bloodbrides - competitive?   Double Bloodbrides - competitive? I_icon_minitimeWed May 26 2021, 14:13

Just throwing this out there, but have you considered a custom cult? Your Wyches could benefit from -3 ap on a 5+ and that could go well with Art of Pain or Stimulant innovators. I could see setting up multiple charges and using stimm innovators and Hyperstimm Backlash enhancing ALL those drugs on a unit being pretty freaking hilarious 😆
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Double Bloodbrides - competitive?   Double Bloodbrides - competitive? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Double Bloodbrides - competitive?
Page 1 of 1