THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Hellions in Cursed Blade

Go down 
+5
Kalmah
Zenotaph
False Son
Cerve
LordSplata
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

Hellions in Cursed Blade - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hellions in Cursed Blade   Hellions in Cursed Blade - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23 2021, 12:45

Hahaha, I totally forgot about the scatter dice. So many janky interactions. Plus always trying to space your models exactly 2" apart so those blasts would only affect 2-3 models.

9th is so much better. Although I do miss flamer templates. Those were cool.
Back to top Go down
Backslide
Hellion
Backslide

PostSubject: Re: Hellions in Cursed Blade   Hellions in Cursed Blade - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 05 2021, 03:53

I have been running 8 cursed blade in my league 1k list and they have always been good, run over something with a fly buy then charge something.

their most hilarious exploit was charging and failing to kill an ork warboss, leaving him on 2 wounds (horrid dice rolls) he killed 4 with his claw, I only had 2 or 3 left when he decided to use the fight again strat and I rolled 2 6s for saves... yes I died but so did you....

I use units of 8 mostly, my last game was a realspace with 2 units of 8 and they where very handy.

cursed blade is my go too, I think COS with the supplement are a bit much... S5 on basic girlies is just really good.

normally I run a second patrol of precise killers + test of skill 8 of those blood brides rip through dreads brutally

Kalmah likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Hellions in Cursed Blade   Hellions in Cursed Blade - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 05 2021, 13:08

Hellions are simply my best unit in our entire codex (i'm not playing competitive).
My next game using my Drukhari army i intend on doing a full Cult army, and what you say (Cursed Blade + Precise Skills custom) is probably what i'm going to do Smile
I have a total of 20 Hellions, so probably 10 in each detachment.

Do you prefer squads of 10 or 5? (or even more?)
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Hellions in Cursed Blade   Hellions in Cursed Blade - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 05 2021, 14:21

A great tactic with Cursed Blade is to charge a uselessly small unit into an opposing unit with a lot of attacks. Try to get as many models into attack range as possible (since they MUST attack if they are able), and watch as the unit kills itself on your 6s to wound.

Not the most Competitive strategy, but funny as heck when you pull it off Wink
Back to top Go down
Backslide
Hellion
Backslide

PostSubject: Re: Hellions in Cursed Blade   Hellions in Cursed Blade - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 05 2021, 19:21

I run 8s so they are worth dropping 2cp starts on, but I might run 5s as cheap annoyance units with +1 attacks and only 1cp for slash

I'm about to get a bunch of reavers so they will have some competition in my fast slots
Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Hellions in Cursed Blade   Hellions in Cursed Blade - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08 2021, 17:24

personally, i FAR prefer the Hellions to the Reavers
But i agree that they do not fulfill the same role (but they hold the same slot.....)
My preference for Hellions comes from the fact that they fit with any Cult obsession......not the case with the Reavers.
But Reavers are real good unit, don't read me wrong, just not an auto include in cult detachment as i feel the Hellions are.
Back to top Go down
Patayou
Hellion
Patayou

PostSubject: Re: Hellions in Cursed Blade   Hellions in Cursed Blade - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08 2021, 17:40

Kalmah wrote:
personally, i FAR prefer the Hellions to the Reavers.

You could also take both and use deadly rivals.

On that note, did anyone try playing around deadly rivals ? reroll to hit on 2 units for 2 cp seem kinda nice, but I haven't tried it.

Kalmah likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Hellions in Cursed Blade   Hellions in Cursed Blade - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08 2021, 18:07

totally agree!
but i've never tried it too Sad
Maybe in a Battalion detachment this could be good

My next game i'm going back to Drukhari (was playing TS since the codex release) and want to try a Cult only list, maybe this could be a good opportunity to try it!
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Hellions in Cursed Blade   Hellions in Cursed Blade - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08 2021, 19:13

Its quite good for giving two units full rerolls to hit. Plus the extra movement is nice.

But you need to be building around the hellions/reavers (which is actually a highly Competitive option). Not something to use every game, but still a useful tool.
Back to top Go down
Backslide
Hellion
Backslide

PostSubject: Re: Hellions in Cursed Blade   Hellions in Cursed Blade - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08 2021, 23:35

am about to go to 12 reavers so I will be trying the combo shortly

9 reavers and 20 hellions is only 550

I normally play 1k sooo...

Cursed blade patrol

Succubus
8 wyches leader has blast pistol
8 Helions
9 reavers 3 heat lances or blasters
Raider, chain snares
Raider, chain snares

Precision killers + test of skill patrol
Show stealer succubus
8 blood brides
8 helions

Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Hellions in Cursed Blade   Hellions in Cursed Blade - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09 2021, 00:11

Does anyone ever take one of the other weapons on the Helliarch? At a glance they all look substantially worse than the standard Hellglaive (and you don't even get a Blast Pistol out of it) but I'm open to being wrong on this one.

Backslide
Hellion
Backslide

PostSubject: Re: Hellions in Cursed Blade   Hellions in Cursed Blade - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09 2021, 00:27

Soulless Samurai wrote:
Does anyone ever take one of the other weapons on the Helliarch? At a glance they all look substantially worse than the standard Hellglaive (and you don't even get a Blast Pistol out of it) but I'm open to being wrong on this one.

you not wrong
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Hellions in Cursed Blade   Hellions in Cursed Blade - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09 2021, 12:37

I am actually experimenting with that same Custom Cult. So far it seems pretty nice into the current META of Planes, Buggies, NDK, and DE Raiders.

If you are playing on a smaller 1k board, you can get away with Heat Lances on the Reavers. On the larger boards, you want to be using your 8" Auto Advance, which is why you generally see the Blasters.

Hellgaive is just so much better. The difference between 0AP and 1AP is massive, except into a very few edge scenarios.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hellions in Cursed Blade   Hellions in Cursed Blade - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hellions in Cursed Blade
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2