THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Cult Eviscerator

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

Cult Eviscerator Empty
PostSubject: Cult Eviscerator   Cult Eviscerator I_icon_minitimeSat May 08 2021, 03:40

a new list i built and would love some feedback
Its a cult-only list, and surprise surprise! not even a hint of Cult of Strife!!
My goal is to take advantage of the board control swiftly with the Reavers and Hellions by attacking on the flanks while sending my Raiders drop my Bloodbrides in the heat of battle.
The 2 small units of Wyches are there for holding the back objectives while attacking forward with my flyers

on a note: i'm still using GW apps, and still can'T choose my favourite retinue nor select another Master even if in another detachment from a different obsession, thus the 55 points left

Cult Eviscerators
Drukhari - Strike Force - Eternal War ( 12CP - 1445PT - 555PT )

Drukhari Patrol Detachment ( 0CP - 835PT )
SUB-FACTION: Cult of the Cursed Blade

HQ
WARLORD: Succubus (75) Blast pistol
LORDS OF COMMORRAGH UPGRADE: Show Stealer
TRAITS: Quicksilver Fighter
COMBAT DRUGS: Adrenalight
RELICS: Dancer’s Edge

TROOPS
Wyches (120)
1x Hekatrix: Blast pistol, Power sword
1x Wych: Hydra gauntlets
1x Wych: Razorflails
7x Wych
COMBAT DRUGS: Grave Lotus

Wyches (50)
1x Hekatrix
4x Wych
COMBAT DRUGS: Painbringer

Wyches (50)
1x Hekatrix
4x Wych
COMBAT DRUGS: Painbringer

FAST ATTACK
Reavers (225)
1x Arena Champion: Heat lance, Grav-talon
2x Reaver: Heat lance, Grav-talon
6x Reaver
COMBAT DRUGS: Splintermind

Reavers (225)
1x Arena Champion: Heat lance, Grav-talon
2x Reaver: Heat lance, Grav-talon
6x Reaver
COMBAT DRUGS: Splintermind

DEDICATED TRANSPORT
Raider (90) Chain-snares

Drukhari Patrol Detachment ( 0CP - 610PT )
SUB-FACTION: Cult of the Red Grief

HQ
Succubus (60)
TRAITS: Precision Blows
COMBAT DRUGS: Adrenalight
RELICS: The Triptych Whip
STRATAGEMS: Prizes from the Dark City, Tolerated Ambition

TROOPS
Wyches (120)
1x Hekatrix: Agoniser, Blast pistol
1x Wych: Hydra gauntlets
1x Wych: Razorflails
7x Wych

FAST ATTACK
Hellions (170)
1x Helliarch
9x Hellion

Hellions (170)
1x Helliarch
9x Hellion

DEDICATED TRANSPORT
Raider (90) Chain-snares

STRATAGEMS
Prizes from the Dark City (1CP)
Tolerated Ambition (1CP)

Total Command Points: 2/14
Reinforcement Points: 55
Total Points: 1445/1500
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

Cult Eviscerator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cult Eviscerator   Cult Eviscerator I_icon_minitimeMon May 10 2021, 16:10

Before I start, let me say all my comments are coming from a Competitive perspective. I go up against some REALLY nasty lists, and am at under 50% win ratio running full DT builds. I do not believe that DE are OP, just high powered and waiting for the Meta to catch up.

I would recommend you build a list with a plan for some of the current META match ups. Those would be Death Guard (MEQ with -1 Damage), Dark Angels (MEQ with -1 Damage, 4+ to wound maximum, speed), and Dark Eldar (T6, 5++ boats).

I got to run, so cant write a novel like I normally would. Basically what I recommend is taking more Dark Light (scourges, raiders, etc), at least 1 unit of Incubi, and some beast packs for durable screens/objective holding (birds).

You think you could fit those units in? Would they fit with what you have/want?

I do like the multiple Succubi, the Reavers/Hellions, and the combination of 5 and 10 man Wych units.

What sort of stuff works best for you?
Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

Cult Eviscerator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cult Eviscerator   Cult Eviscerator I_icon_minitimeMon May 10 2021, 16:51

Scourges are in my mind exactly for the intended goal, but my Fast slots are already sold out Sad
Incubi are something i'm thinking, or even Mandrakes, but i think Incubi do a better job at clearing tough units.

There are the two units of 5x Wyches that could be replaced with Incubis, but i don't know if leaving my backfield is a good idea, unless i leave the Incubis protecting my back objectives...
I could remove some Reavers for some points (2x 6 instead of 2x 9 maybe) if needed.
What do you think?

and for your info, i don't really have a clear Meta with my friends, some plays SM, other Death Guard, other Necrons, other Genestealer etc....and we switch list as we change underwear.....

Thanks for the reply @fisheyes as always, really constructive Smile
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

Cult Eviscerator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cult Eviscerator   Cult Eviscerator I_icon_minitimeWed May 12 2021, 17:30

Try to leave one boat lagging behind. Due to the length of the raider, you can decide where to put bodies if required. Also, you would generally have enough in the enemy face that they can't worry about one raider way in the back

Kalmah likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

Cult Eviscerator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cult Eviscerator   Cult Eviscerator I_icon_minitimeWed May 12 2021, 17:44

not this week end but the next one, i have a scheduled game, but i won't try the list here, instead i will try my Kabal list that i already posted a while back (still never tried it).

https://www.thedarkcity.net/t19254-kabal-of-the-poison-tongue

I'll keep you informed about the result!
i'm supposed to face some Ravenguards
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

Cult Eviscerator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cult Eviscerator   Cult Eviscerator I_icon_minitimeThu May 13 2021, 13:10

As someone who dables in Ravenguard, dont get tricked by their movement abilities.

I would highly recommend that you deploy in a symetrical way, basically ignoring the enemy deployment. They can redeploy 1 infantry unit and 1 HQ, then move+advance any infantry in the army (within 9" of you). Plus they can deepstrike any infantry unit (agressors and Centurions are the usual suspects, but also Eradicators with their melta)

Make sure you have screens up, and expect them to capitalize on any deployment mistakes you make. Make sure they cant charge in Turn 1 into something squishy, or deep strike Turn 2 into your backfield with a big shooty unit. That is their bread and butter.

Gizamaluke and Kalmah like this post

Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

Cult Eviscerator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cult Eviscerator   Cult Eviscerator I_icon_minitimeThu May 13 2021, 13:51

Nice overall tactical advice. 👆 What he says!!! 👆

Remember, Raven Guard and Cover. Its like they carry their own small bushes to hide behind.
I would say, the counter Kabal for Raven Guard is Flayed Skull, but I guess Poisoned Tongue will also work fine.

A small suggestion: Use the PT Archon with Agonizer, Soulheim and Consumate Weaponsmaster,
to get a sturdier HQ. But thats up to you. I just dont like the Splinterpistol Relics.

Kalmah likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

Cult Eviscerator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cult Eviscerator   Cult Eviscerator I_icon_minitimeThu May 13 2021, 16:09

thanks for the input guys!
i've already switched my Obsidian Rose detachment for a Flayed Skull one.

I will need to update my list here cause it has already received a lot of changes.
Also, i'm hesitating between two lists (that i will post too).
So i'll post them today or tonight, and if you have some time, would love some of your feedback as they are always welcome and truly helpful!

FYI, the Ravenguard list i will face will be full of mobile units and lot of Phobos
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

Cult Eviscerator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cult Eviscerator   Cult Eviscerator I_icon_minitimeThu May 13 2021, 16:35

Keep in mind that Phobos are the only unit in the game (that I can think of) that can immediatly go into reserves, then immediately delpoy. On the same turn. But this is a Strat, so it can only happen on 1 unit per turn.

Expect more schenanagans from these guys. A 5 man unit that sits in their back field to deploy scramblers Turn 1, that on Turn 2 suddenly appears in your deployment zone (9" away from you) and gets their second scramblers.

Ravenguard is all about the tricks. Their chaper tactic is very "meh", same with their relics. When I ran them, I went with a Successor Chapter (read: custom chapter) that was able to punch harder instead of sometimes being in cover.

I would not recomend going away from Obsidian Rose just to counter Ravenguard. OS is just so much better than Flayed Skull these days (I know, I know, Flayed Skull was all the rage last edition. Those days are now dead)
Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

Cult Eviscerator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cult Eviscerator   Cult Eviscerator I_icon_minitimeThu May 13 2021, 17:50

i was already thinking of going back to Obsidian because my detachment that will use it is all about big guns à la Dark Lance (2x Ravagers, 1x Raider, 1x Jetfighter) so the save+1 on -4ap weapons is pretty meh.....and in the situation where my raider carrying my Kabalites is destroyed, my kabalites now on foot will enjoy more the +6'' for their rapid fire weapons.

Thanks for the strategy against the Ravenguards! I'll keep them in mind during the game!
luckily my friend is not afraid to share his strategies with me, and it fit perfectly with what you're saying

Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

Cult Eviscerator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cult Eviscerator   Cult Eviscerator I_icon_minitimeThu May 13 2021, 20:21

Maybe a Dissi, or three, could be useful. After all, their profile is just crying: kill Marines with me...

Kalmah likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

Cult Eviscerator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cult Eviscerator   Cult Eviscerator I_icon_minitimeThu May 13 2021, 20:43

so true that Dissie are excellent against them! i never think about Dissie's anymore lol
I will need a sweet balance between Dissie and Dark lance as i know he will play with a lot of ATV, something the Dark Lance will be amazing, but gotta think about the infantry too......
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

Cult Eviscerator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cult Eviscerator   Cult Eviscerator I_icon_minitimeThu May 13 2021, 20:48

Too bad, infatry cant carry it. There are only 3 units that actually can.

Wych
Kalmah

Cult Eviscerator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cult Eviscerator   Cult Eviscerator I_icon_minitimeFri May 14 2021, 13:03

yesterday did not had time to post my updated list, but this will be done today!
Stay tuned for more Wink
Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

Cult Eviscerator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cult Eviscerator   Cult Eviscerator I_icon_minitimeFri May 14 2021, 17:53

https://www.thedarkcity.net/t19302-only-kabal-list

a link to my new updated list, this will be less confusing to continue in the proper topic Wink
Back to top Go down
Into the darkness
Hellion
Into the darkness

Cult Eviscerator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cult Eviscerator   Cult Eviscerator I_icon_minitimeWed May 26 2021, 05:00

The problem I see with the list is it gives your enemy easy target priority. All they have to do is focus down the most immediate threats. What makes you tough to beat is forcing your opponent to decide if they want to die to the wyches that are about to assault or the shredders that are about to shoot. As Dark Eldar you're not going to do much better than toughness 5. If you want to live you need to take out strength 6 guns by turn 2. If they're coming for you on a 3+ you better run squirrel!

That's why people use wracks and grots. Late game you're hoping your opponent is down to his last 3 las cannons and a wrack shrugs it off for damage 0....takes the next two on the chin, and comes back from the dead in the next command phase. Destroy what kills you and you won't die.

Kalmah likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

Cult Eviscerator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cult Eviscerator   Cult Eviscerator I_icon_minitimeWed May 26 2021, 17:21

thanks for the feedback, much appreciated!
However this list is intended to play against friends with ''funny'' list and nothing too competitive.
so no need to make the usual list everyone plays.
And in fact i was about to probably discard it anyway as i don't think it will be viable or even funny to play as everything is just the same........right now i'm working instead on a Realspace Raid list that seems way more funny (and even better)

Into the darkness likes this post

Back to top Go down
Into the darkness
Hellion
Into the darkness

Cult Eviscerator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cult Eviscerator   Cult Eviscerator I_icon_minitimeWed May 26 2021, 17:56

Kalmah wrote:
thanks for the feedback, much appreciated!
However this list is intended to play against friends with ''funny'' list and nothing too competitive.
so no need to make the usual list everyone plays.
And in fact i was about to probably discard it anyway as i don't think it will be viable or even funny to play as everything is just the same........right now i'm working instead on a Realspace Raid list that seems way more funny (and even better)

I like Hemonculi for that. Running PoF with Urien taking Master Regenerist and a Heami with Poisoner's Ampule and Twisted Animators....not the MOST competitive, but you could have some laughs with all the undead old folks getting back up and complaining about their backs.
Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

Cult Eviscerator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cult Eviscerator   Cult Eviscerator I_icon_minitimeWed May 26 2021, 19:25

Master Regenerist is indeed one of my favourite WT in our codex! and i love to put it on a PoF Haemonculi with the Nightmare Doll just to make sure that it is the sturdiest possible so that he can continue to raise Wracks back to life night and day (especially funny on Haemoxite!!) while my opponent spend crazy firepower for nothing. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cult Eviscerator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cult Eviscerator   Cult Eviscerator I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cult Eviscerator
Page 1 of 1