THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

A returning players opinions on our units; Haemonculus

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
toldavf
Hellion
toldavf

A returning players opinions on our units; Haemonculus 	 Empty
PostSubject: A returning players opinions on our units; Haemonculus     A returning players opinions on our units; Haemonculus 	 I_icon_minitimeMon May 31 2021, 16:00

Not quiet a medic no no something far more sinister, the heamonculus are twisted geniuses in flesh crafting (never challenge them to a body building contest) lets look.

Heamonculus
Compared to our other characters heamonculus aren't particularly impressive in the stats department and their weapons aren't the best either (though they do come loaded with 4 weapon options) so what is their role in the dark eldar army?.

Well they are buff bots and tricksters, handing out +1 toughness to all core coven units within 6" is huge wracks just to T5, grotesques to T6 and the talos/chronos to T7! Most of those are significant bumps in survivability and would make heamonculus worth it on it's own but add to that the fact that they can restore wounds to friendly models as well and you have a pretty tidy character.

As for tricks well the can run a few coven of twelve for instance can run a challenge build that tanks enemy characters and slays them pretty well. Flensing blade and scarlet epicurean means that unless your opponent is damage 3 you will probably live through what he dishes out and kill him in return 4 attacks that at 2+ 2+ and damage 3 with inventive demise for the finish if needed.

Vexator mask heamonculus from POF are another solid trick, Dark creed Fear incarnate can stop actions and strip OBSEC which can be tasty. Master Regenist can be really nice for keeping units alive as it removes the randomness of the healing dice. Twisted animator can add some models back to the field which over the course of a game can be substantial (those guys are T5 after all).

Special mention goes to the poisoners ampule, its a combo item and one I think is amazing in the right circumstances. Take something like Mortarion a big dude really hard to kill or is he? So dealing with him at range eats up our Dark lance shots/poison shots. Now we have got a melee option that can kill him much easier than usual Drazhar will get incubi wounding him on 4+ for that one turn. While he is still only taking 1 damage from the incubi he will get 2 from Drazhar if you can get Morty to 13 wounds in the shooting phase you have a good chance of killing him in that one assault naturally the more you can throw into the combo the better and an ancient evil archon is probably mandatory to make sure he dies. Yes its a contrived combo piece but a dead Morty is a dead Morty.

There's allot to like about heamonculus they aren't to be underestimated their stat line doesn't tell the tale of their value.

Next time the Succubus.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: A returning players opinions on our units; Haemonculus     A returning players opinions on our units; Haemonculus 	 I_icon_minitimeMon May 31 2021, 16:42

Dont forget about unlocking the Master Haemi. Almost no point in taking a regular dude over the Master.

If you are building a Coven heavy list (ie DT Liquifiers or PoF Wrack Carpet), the Twisted Animator WLT to resurect D3 dudes is AMAZING. Dont forget, this happens during the Command Phase. Primary points are scored at the END of the Command Phase. ie, you can ressurect dudes ONTO the point, and re-take it!!!

Haemoxytes are probably my fav unit in the new codex. SO durable for their cost, and 10 with 3 DT Liquifiers are NASTY.

If you are in a Deathguard Heavy meta, the Poisoners Ampule will stop that pesky Fight Last Aura that everyone is taking these days.

Lastly, this is probably the best Character to preform Mission Specific secondaries. He doesnt want to shoot, so its not a waste. And he is nearly impossible to kill, so good luck stopping him.

Now if only they hadent taken away all his cool Combat Weapons. Seriously, his attacks are a mess...
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: A returning players opinions on our units; Haemonculus     A returning players opinions on our units; Haemonculus 	 I_icon_minitimeMon May 31 2021, 16:52

Since I am a fluff player, my favorite is the Dark Creed Haemi. Fear incarnate is probably the most fluffy WL-Trait. Twisted Evil

PostSubject: Re: A returning players opinions on our units; Haemonculus     A returning players opinions on our units; Haemonculus 	 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A returning players opinions on our units; Haemonculus
Page 1 of 1