THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Foray into the Dark City

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Smoke Frog
Slave
Smoke Frog

Foray into the Dark City Empty
PostSubject: Foray into the Dark City   Foray into the Dark City I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10 2021, 21:38

Greetings fellow denizens.

Been a fan of the Dark Eldar ever since their line got updated with sweet new models in 2010, especially the reaver jetbikes. It has been my ambition to build and paint some since then, but until more recently I was frankly too intimidated to make an attempt. I made my first purchases of some eldar/dark eldar units earlier this year, when I was promptly told the Dark Eldar were getting a new codex! It has taken me a few months to actually post on this forum, but I am ready to ride this bandwagon Laughing

I have been in the hobby for a while before this project, originally Warhammer Fantasy with my Lizardmen and Bretonnians (long live Bretonnia!), and dipped my toes into 40K with a Battle for Maccrage Box Set with a small patrol of custom-chapter Black Templars. I have most of my other collections posted on both my other home Lustria Online (known as Warden over there) and Bolter and Chainsword.

More recently I have expanded into Orks (Zeppelins are fun!) and Admech, but now I want to try painting this new army idea I have. My uncle already collects Eldar, and after seeing his beautiful hover-tanks I finally decided on going the Dark Eldar route, but with a few artistic changes. I love the color scheme for the Il-Kaithe craftworld, and thanks to their lore-blurb I had the idea of running them as a Dark Eldar army.

Foray into the Dark City Il-Kaithe-Craftworld-Eldar

Reavers will be a big piece of the army of course, along with some kalabites and wyches, but I am really excited to convert up some Wave Serpents and Falcons as Raiders or Ravagers with plenty of skulls, chains, spikes and such.

Anyway, looking forward to my journey into the Dark City!
Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Foray into the Dark City   Foray into the Dark City I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11 2021, 13:57

Welcome aboard fellow Archon Smile
Thats good! steal them Craftworlders their technology, even their look! They will be even easier to blend our spies into their mediocre so called planet-ship.

You will have a lot of fun with our range of models! Reavers and Hellions make a hell of a team together, so i truly hope the Hellions will be part of your game plan too!
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Foray into the Dark City   Foray into the Dark City I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11 2021, 14:52

Welcome to the Dark City!

The Weakling Kin are ripe for exploitation, got to steal as much from them as possible Wink

One of the best parts of collecting Dark Eldar are all the conversion possibilities. Roughly half my army is converted (mostly the Coven stuff), but our Wych and Kabal stuff are some of the most dynamic models in the GW range.

If you are feeling a little overwhelmed, try to start small. Just try to get a unit of 5 troops done, and see where inspiration takes you from there.
Back to top Go down
Smoke Frog
Slave
Smoke Frog

PostSubject: Re: Foray into the Dark City   Foray into the Dark City I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11 2021, 17:05

Thanks all! I will continue to go through the other project logs for inspiration. I have started my project log, and have my first hover-tank and infantry models converted up to paint.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Foray into the Dark City   Foray into the Dark City I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Foray into the Dark City
Page 1 of 1