THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Deckards Black Heart Kabal project log

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Deckard_2049
Slave
Deckard_2049

Deckards Black Heart Kabal project log Empty
PostSubject: Deckards Black Heart Kabal project log   Deckards Black Heart Kabal project log I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15 2021, 06:00

I managed to finish up a handful of kabalite warriors today. Not 100% sure about the shininess of the satin varnish but i'm pretty happy with them so far.

Deckards Black Heart Kabal project log 20210713
Deckards Black Heart Kabal project log 20210714
Deckards Black Heart Kabal project log 20210715
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Deckards Black Heart Kabal project log   Deckards Black Heart Kabal project log I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15 2021, 19:44

Damn, I wish I could paint that well
Back to top Go down
Deckard_2049
Slave
Deckard_2049

PostSubject: Re: Deckards Black Heart Kabal project log   Deckards Black Heart Kabal project log I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19 2021, 02:38

Thanks! I managed to finish one more over the weekend, these take a while to paint. This sybarite might see some use in the upcoming kill team game, the trueborn one i'll be using for 40k will just have a splinter rifle.

Deckards Black Heart Kabal project log 20210716
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Deckards Black Heart Kabal project log   Deckards Black Heart Kabal project log I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19 2021, 14:21

You got any 1/16" magnets for the arms?

I just bought 150 of them a month back, best purchase Ive made in a while. Lets you swap out the equipment on your best painted models so you dont need to ruin anything when you switch between blast pistol/splinter rifle/phantasm grenade launcher/etc.

Currently doing my Scourges up that way. Really pleased with the result.

Oh, and once again amazing model Wink
Back to top Go down
Deckard_2049
Slave
Deckard_2049

PostSubject: Re: Deckards Black Heart Kabal project log   Deckards Black Heart Kabal project log I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19 2021, 15:34

I'll have to buy some, initially I was more concerned with magnetizing the more expensive models like the talos/cannon on the underside of a venom and so on. Scourges definitely seem worth magnetizing though, just due to all the special/heavy weapons they can take.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Deckards Black Heart Kabal project log   Deckards Black Heart Kabal project log I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19 2021, 16:04

Its just a little disheartening having your Acothyst all painted up nice, then realize you need an ECW on him.

Out comes the clippers...
Back to top Go down
Deckard_2049
Slave
Deckard_2049

PostSubject: Re: Deckards Black Heart Kabal project log   Deckards Black Heart Kabal project log I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19 2021, 17:18

I could see how the acothyst needs to be magnetized more than a sybarite, they have a lot of melee options and the models cost more money. Kabalites are cheap enough to where i'd just buy another box just for fun. I'd be painting wracks instead but I can't find them for sale anywhere in the US that isn't a scalper.
Back to top Go down
Deckard_2049
Slave
Deckard_2049

PostSubject: Re: Deckards Black Heart Kabal project log   Deckards Black Heart Kabal project log I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21 2021, 04:45

Deckards Black Heart Kabal project log 20210718
Deckards Black Heart Kabal project log 20210717

Finished the archon from the combat patrol box today, quite happy with how he turned out.

Kalmah likes this post

Back to top Go down
Deckard_2049
Slave
Deckard_2049

PostSubject: Re: Deckards Black Heart Kabal project log   Deckards Black Heart Kabal project log I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03 2021, 01:55

First wrack for my coven half of the army.

Deckards Black Heart Kabal project log Img_2011
Deckards Black Heart Kabal project log Img_2012
Deckards Black Heart Kabal project log Img_2010
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Deckards Black Heart Kabal project log   Deckards Black Heart Kabal project log I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06 2021, 08:53

Some good work!
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Deckards Black Heart Kabal project log   Deckards Black Heart Kabal project log I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06 2021, 12:11

Dude, I am super impressed with your painting of dark colours.

The highlights are spot on. The Wrack mask is amazing.

Also the liquid in the chemical packs on his back! Damn!

I wish I could paint like that!
Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Deckards Black Heart Kabal project log   Deckards Black Heart Kabal project log I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06 2021, 14:06

congrats buddy!
i'm especially impressed by the paint quality of the Archon!
The face is just amazing!
Back to top Go down
Deckard_2049
Slave
Deckard_2049

PostSubject: Re: Deckards Black Heart Kabal project log   Deckards Black Heart Kabal project log I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07 2021, 04:52

Thanks guys!

I managed to finish off a coven venom today, I had some issues with the gunner but I think it turned out okay even though I had to alter it a bit. I'm not really a fan of painting vehicles.. they test my patience. Gluing the gunner on after being painted led to an issue where her feet wouldn't touch the carriage properly, so I had to switch the splinter cannon stand around resulting in a leaning back pose. Doesn't look too bad though, makes it look like it's moving faster.

Deckards Black Heart Kabal project log 20210817
Deckards Black Heart Kabal project log 20210818
Deckards Black Heart Kabal project log 20210816
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Deckards Black Heart Kabal project log   Deckards Black Heart Kabal project log I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 09 2021, 12:55

Ugh, I hate how all the vehicle gunners have those sloped feet. Always look like they are leaning backwards...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deckards Black Heart Kabal project log   Deckards Black Heart Kabal project log I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Deckards Black Heart Kabal project log
Page 1 of 1