THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Webway Portal + Murderous Descent

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
duckduckgoose
Hellion
duckduckgoose

Webway Portal + Murderous Descent  Empty
PostSubject: Webway Portal + Murderous Descent    Webway Portal + Murderous Descent  I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 12 2021, 18:12

Question about Webway Portal + Murderous Descent stratagems.

Webway Portal:

> Use this Stratagem before the battle when declaring reserves and transports (if you are playing a mission without this step, use this Stratagem during deployment instead). If you spend 1CP, you can set up one DRUKHARI INFANTRY, BIKER or BEAST unit from your army in the webway instead of placing it on the battlefield. If you spend 3CPs, you can place two DRUKHARI INFANTRY, BIKER or BEAST units in the webway instead.

>In the Reinforcements step of one of your Movement phases, you can set up any units in the webway anywhere on the battlefield that is more than 9" away from any enemy models. You can only use this Stratagem once.

Murderous Descent:

> Use this Stratagem in the Reinforcements step, after a TRANSPORT unit from your army is set up on the battlefield. Any units embarked upon that TRANSPORT unit can disembark after it is set up, but when they do so, they must be set up more than 9" away from any enemy units.

The way I’m reading it, this means you could use WP on a raider, deploy it anywhere turn 2, then use murderous descent to disembark and then attempt to make a charge. Am I reading this right?
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Webway Portal + Murderous Descent    Webway Portal + Murderous Descent  I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 12 2021, 18:28

What is your intent with this?

If you use the WWP, you just place an infantry unit 9" away from the opponent.

Murderous Decent means that if you Reserve your Raider (by spending a CP for Screaming Jets to drop anywhere, or Outflank to drop within 9" of a board edge under normal restrictions), after you hit the battlefield, the unit(s) inside the transport can jump out, while still maintaining 9" distance, then charge.

Basically an extra CP to mitigate Auspex Scan type abilities to shoot units coming out of reserve.

Still need to be 9" away. Either option will allow you to make your Charge attempt.
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Webway Portal + Murderous Descent    Webway Portal + Murderous Descent  I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 12 2021, 18:29

Well, since the Raider isnt Infantry, Bike or Beast, you cant use Webway Portal. Try the Screaming Jets Stratagem instead.

But aside of this, yes, you can.

PostSubject: Re: Webway Portal + Murderous Descent    Webway Portal + Murderous Descent  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Webway Portal + Murderous Descent
Page 1 of 1