THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

first attempt at 2k list since points updates

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
duckduckgoose
Hellion
duckduckgoose

first attempt at 2k list since points updates Empty
PostSubject: first attempt at 2k list since points updates   first attempt at 2k list since points updates I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09 2021, 23:47

Hi all,

Wanted to get some feedback on what I think my new generic 2k pt list will be, since the points changes announced on 11/9. It looks fairly similar to my previous list. The main changes are that I will no longer be running trueborn, and my raider count has been reduced somewhat. Also, battlescribe hasn't been updated yet, so my apologies if I get any of the points wrong.

Without further adieu, here it is:

2000 pts tri-patrol

Prizes from the Dark City x2
Tolerated Ambition x2
8 CP

Obsidian Rose patrol
- Archon with Animus Vitae, Ancient Evil: 70pts
- 5x kabalites with blaster: 50 pts
- 5x kabalites with blaster: 50 pts
- ravager, 3 dark lances: 130 pts
- ravager, 3 dark lances: 130 pts
- incubi x5: 90 pts
- incubi x5: 90 pts
- raider with dark lance, grisly trophies: 110 pts
- raider with dark lance, grisly trophies: 110 pts

Cult of the Red Grief patrol
- Succubus with Blood Glaive, Precision Blows, Adrenalight: 80 pts
- wyches x5 w/ Grave Lotus: 60 pts
- hellions x10 w/ Grave Lotus: 170 pts
- reavers x6 w/ 2x blasters, 2x grav talon with Splintermind: 150 pts
- venom: 75 pts
- venom: 75 pts

Dark Techromancers patrol
- Drazhar, warlord, Hatred Eternal: 145 pts
- wracks x5: 40 pts
- wracks x5 w/ electrocorrosive whip: 45 pts
- cronos x3 with Spirit Vortex: 255 pts
- mandrakes x5: 75 pts

Total: 2000 pts

My general plan is to put the archon in a venom with 5 kabalites, and use the speed of the red grief venom + animus vitae to get first turn advance and charge across the army, or save animus vitae for turn 2 and get 2+ ws across the army. The exact tactic will depend on each game. Incub, wyches and succubus in 1 raider, incubi, wracks and Draz in the second. Ravagers will try to take out high T targets from afar, while hellions will be another CC hammer. Reavers can fulfill whatever role is best for them, whether that is zooming around the board trying to take out high value targets, harassing flanks, or maybe even charing into combat. The Cronos squad will act as something of a second wave and try to wipe up whatever is remaining.

All in all, I think it will still be a decent list. Losing 5 incubi, 2 raiders and the trueborn will hurt, but the lost firepower is more than made up by the 2 ravagers, and there should still be enough killy CC stuff to put the hurt on
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: first attempt at 2k list since points updates   first attempt at 2k list since points updates I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10 2021, 13:57

This looks pretty similar to where I am going.

My main issue with this list is going with the Cult of Red Grief. IMO you would be better off with Cult of Strife, or a Custom Cult built around Test of Skill (+1 to wound vs vehicles).

I am not 100% set on the double Ravager, although I am a Ravager evangilist. I think 1 is the sweet spot, due to only getting to Fire And Fade a single unit each turn.

But I think your on the right track. I honestly dont know where the meta will shift (probably GK Dreadknights and TS Terminators), so having a bunch of Lances is a great choice.

Let us know how your first game goes! I am curious to hear feedback.
Back to top Go down
Backslide
Hellion
Backslide

PostSubject: Re: first attempt at 2k list since points updates   first attempt at 2k list since points updates I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15 2021, 20:08

I agree on the red grief, why not eat the 70 points for a haemi and get a realspace for it all
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: first attempt at 2k list since points updates   first attempt at 2k list since points updates I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16 2021, 12:45

Eh, the Haemi still isnt great. Saving 10 points when you NEED the +1T for the bigger creatures does have value, but IDK if that is the case with this list.

Also, I may be wrong about the double Ravager. That may be the path forward in a Vehicle/Knight meta.
Back to top Go down
sekac
Wych
sekac

PostSubject: Re: first attempt at 2k list since points updates   first attempt at 2k list since points updates I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 19 2021, 15:08

More and more, dark technomancers is slipping out of contention for me. I had been running DT cronos for a long while, as well as dissie Raiders (which are now better than ever due to being cheaper and mathematically superior to BH lances at killing vehicles). For just Cronos? I don't know if it's worth it anymore. With a unit of 3, you don't want to power up the Vortex unless you're desperate, because they do way too much damage to themselves otherwise. So most turns in a game it is mostly just damage 2 flamers, which are very good, but the opportunity cost of another obsession is quite high too.

Just something to think on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: first attempt at 2k list since points updates   first attempt at 2k list since points updates I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

first attempt at 2k list since points updates
Page 1 of 1