THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2k List. Realspace Raiders is back, baby!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
sekac
Wych
sekac

2k List. Realspace Raiders is back, baby! Empty
PostSubject: 2k List. Realspace Raiders is back, baby!   2k List. Realspace Raiders is back, baby! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 19 2021, 15:27

With the points discounts on the haemonculus, grotesques, and talos as well as the meta shifting more and more into multi-damage and mortal wounds, coven is better to invest in than ever. That was the main thing holding Realspace Raiders back, it felt like the haemonculus was a tax given that he didn't support very much of the overall army. So here goes:

++ Battalion Detachment 0CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) [114 PL, 9CP, 1,999pts] ++

Detachment Command Cost
Obsession: Kabal of the Black Heart: Thirst for Power, Realspace Raid
. *Custom Coven*: Artists of the Flesh (All-Consuming)

+ Stratagems +
Stratagem: Alliance of Agony [-1CP]
Stratagem: Prizes from the Dark City [-1CP]
Stratagem: Prizes from the Dark City [-1CP]

+ No Force Org Slot +
Court of the Archon [10 PL, 84pts]: As Detachment (Kabal)
. Lhamean
. 2x Sslyth
. 2x Ur-Ghul: As Detachment (Kabal)

+ HQ +
Archon [4 PL, 70pts]: Ancient Evil, As Detachment (Kabal), Overlord, Splinter Pistol, The Helm of Spite, Venom Blade, Warlord
Haemonculus [4 PL, 70pts]: As Detachment (Coven), Master Regenerist, Stratagem: Alliance of Agony WLT, The Animus Vitae
Succubus [3 PL, 80pts]: 1 - Adrenalight (Combat Drug), As Detachment (Wych Cult), Precision Blows, Stratagem: Alliance of Agony WLT, The Triptych Whip
. Agoniser & Archite Glaive

+ Troops +
Kabalite Warriors [3 PL, 40pts]: As Detachment (Kabal)
. 4x Kabalite Warrior: 4x Splinter Rifle
. Sybarite: Splinter Rifle
Wracks [3 PL, 40pts]: As Detachment (Coven)
. Acothyst: Wrack Blade
. 4x Wracks: 4x Wrack Blade
Wracks [3 PL, 40pts]: As Detachment (Coven)
. Acothyst: Wrack Blade
. 4x Wracks: 4x Wrack Blade
Wyches [3 PL, 60pts]: *Random x 2* (Combat Drug), As Detachment (Wych Cult)
. Hekatrix: Hekatarii Blade, Splinter Pistol
. 4x Wych: 4x Hekatarii Blade, 4x Plasma Grenades, 4x Splinter Pistol

+ Elites +
Grotesques [6 PL, 105pts]: As Detachment (Coven)
. Grotesque w/ Monstrous Cleaver
Grotesques [6 PL, 105pts]: As Detachment (Coven)
Incubi [4 PL, 90pts]
. 4x Incubi: 4x Klaive
. Klaivex: Demiklaives
Mandrakes [3 PL, 75pts]
. 4x Mandrake: 4x Baleblast, 4x Glimmersteel Blade
. Nightfiend
Mandrakes [3 PL, 75pts]
. 4x Mandrake: 4x Baleblast, 4x Glimmersteel Blade
. Nightfiend

+ Fast Attack +
Hellions [4 PL, 85pts]: *Random x 2* (Combat Drug), As Detachment (Wych Cult)
. Helliarch: Hellglaive
. 4x Hellion: 4x Hellglaive, 4x Splinter Pods
Scourges [5 PL, 80pts]
. 4x Scourge with Special / Heavy weapon: Shredder
. Solarite: Shardcarbine

+ Heavy Support +
Cronos [8 PL, 165pts]: As Detachment (Coven)
. Cronos: Spirit Probe, Spirit Vortex
. Cronos
Talos [12 PL, 210pts]: As Detachment (Coven)
. 2x Talos: Talos Gauntlet, Talos ichor injector
. . Two Drukhari haywire blasters
Talos [12 PL, 210pts]: As Detachment (Coven)
. 2x Talos: Talos Gauntlet, Talos ichor injector
. . Two Drukhari haywire blasters

+ Dedicated Transport +
Raider [6 PL, 105pts]: As Detachment, Dark Lance

++ Total: [114 PL, 9CP, 1,999pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

The idea is to have the Archon and Haemonculus hang out together with a cluster of Talos and Cronos around them. The archon's re-roll 1s to hit aura will actually benefit something with potentially powerful shooting! Gonna try out the haywire blasters first since I haven't actually used their new profile. If I'm unimpressed, I'll switch to heat lances.

2 Raiders will have 3 grotesques and 5 wracks, and the 3rd will have 5 incubi, 5 wyches, and the succubus. The squad of warriors camps an objective and screens my backfield, and the mandrakes, hellions, Court, and scourges all just go off and find objectives to accomplish, things to kill, or plans to disrupt.

Kalmah likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: 2k List. Realspace Raiders is back, baby!   2k List. Realspace Raiders is back, baby! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 19 2021, 17:23

really nice list you got there!
My next 2000pts Drukhari list i intend on trying a Realspace raid, as you mentionned, now that Covens are back in full force this seems to be a good option!

I do not play competitive and i know that you know the game far more than me, so no constructive comments from me, but i just wanted to say that this list seems killer!

also i'd love to have your feedback on the Haywire as i never liked it, i find it too much of a one trick poney: insane against vehicle but near useless against anything else..........i sure hope i am wrong!
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: 2k List. Realspace Raiders is back, baby!   2k List. Realspace Raiders is back, baby! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 19 2021, 20:33

Using the Archon to buff the massed Talos is a nice idea, though it seems a little odd not to outfit them with Heat Lances. I'm on the same page as Kalmah in that I don't think the current Haywire Blasters are anything to write home about - especially in terms of weapons to use a second HQ to buff.

That aside, the only other thing that sticks out to me is that the Ur-Ghuls seem a little superfluous.

Might it be not better to drop them and use the points to equip the Wracks with Liquifier Guns and the Warriors with a Blaster or something?

Otherwise, it looks like a solid list and I'd like to hear how it performs. Smile

sekac
Wych
sekac

PostSubject: Re: 2k List. Realspace Raiders is back, baby!   2k List. Realspace Raiders is back, baby! I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20 2021, 15:50

Superfluous is the perfect word to describe the court. You're right that the squad is ineffectually small against all but the most fragile targets.

While this list is designed to be competitive, I'm actually going for painting scores. I'm trying to finish out the year with best painted Drukhari in ITC (I have it now, just need to make sure nobody overtakes me) and hopefully in the top 20 hobby score overall. The court is one of my best painted units, so they're staying despite being a little silly.

I've gotta paint up 3 more Talos and finish converting my webway gate to have flashing LEDs for my display board!
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: 2k List. Realspace Raiders is back, baby!   2k List. Realspace Raiders is back, baby! I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20 2021, 19:00

sekac wrote:
Superfluous is the perfect word to describe the court. You're right that the squad is ineffectually small against all but the most fragile targets.

While this list is designed to be competitive, I'm actually going for painting scores. I'm trying to finish out the year with best painted Drukhari in ITC (I have it now, just need to make sure nobody overtakes me) and hopefully in the top 20 hobby score overall. The court is one of my best painted units, so they're staying despite being a little silly.

Ahh, I see. That's certainly entirely fair.

I know this isn't really relevant to list advice but do you have any pictures of your Court? You've made me quite interested.

sekac wrote:

I've gotta paint up 3 more Talos and finish converting my webway gate to have flashing LEDs for my display board!

Oh that sound awesome. I hope you'll post pictures when it's finished. Twisted Evil

Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: 2k List. Realspace Raiders is back, baby!   2k List. Realspace Raiders is back, baby! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23 2021, 12:05

The Helm of Spite seems an odd choice. Most times that thing doesnt work for me. Why not the Writh?

Wych
sekac

PostSubject: Re: 2k List. Realspace Raiders is back, baby!   2k List. Realspace Raiders is back, baby! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24 2021, 05:04

Zenotaph wrote:
The Helm of Spite seems an odd choice. Most times that thing doesnt work for me. Why not the Writh?

I ran the Writ with previous lists where I had more Incubi, Drazhar, and potentially mid-board mobile firebase of scourges with shredders and/or blasters. The Writ works better the more you have nearby. Drazhar, basically gets Hatred Eternal (not quite, but close enough) as long as he's near the Archon, and they make an amazing duo. Without such combos, the returns on the Writ, I feel, is not worth the investment.

In a meta ruled by GK, anything I can do to slow them down is a boon. Mostly I look at it as on offensive tool with a twist of psychological warfare. I've had opponent's use CP re-roll successful but low casts into higher casts just so my chances of denying and wounding are lower. That's also an acceptable result. It works well with my philosophy on Agents of Vect too. It's not to convince someone not to use a strat, it's to convince them to use CP early. I want them at less than 2 by turn 4 at the latest. Our late game power is at it's highest when the opponent can no longer interrupt in combat.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: 2k List. Realspace Raiders is back, baby!   2k List. Realspace Raiders is back, baby! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26 2021, 13:57

I am also pretty low on the Helm of Spite.

But it seems to work in your Meta, so you do you!

Otherwise it looks like a pretty fun list. I would recomend trying out units of 3 Talos at some point. They seemed to be better on my test-run (absorb more firepower, and when they start to heal back up they pose more threat).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2k List. Realspace Raiders is back, baby!   2k List. Realspace Raiders is back, baby! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2k List. Realspace Raiders is back, baby!
Page 1 of 1