THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Crusade character set ups

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
alexwellace
Kabalite Warrior

Crusade character set ups  Empty
PostSubject: Crusade character set ups    Crusade character set ups  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10 2022, 17:00

I'm starting my first foray back into 40k in a good long time very soon with a slow grow crusade. And I was wondering if anyone has any stand out stories or exciting battle honour combos?

For example my 25pl force is currently being lead by an Archon with a venom blade. And there's a battle honour for characters which means 6s to wound cause an additional mortal wound, AND there is a weapon enhancements for poison non relic weaponry which does the exact same thing. So I can have an Archon where every 6 to wound does 2 mortal wounds in addition to its normal jazz. I was going to combine that either with consumate weapon master for a D2 Venom Blade, or with Ancient Evil to force people to fight last alongside his Incubi. Thoughts being that if I can make a fun combo weapon without needing to use the Djin Blade, then I can use my relic for something defensive or utility, like the 5+ fnp helmet or the deny the witch helmet.

I also think Dark Venom from cult of strife gives a loop hole, where you can't use weapon enhancements on relic weapons, but the Dark Venom itself isn't a relic weapon, and therefore the Wych weapon you're using (razorflails) should be eligible for weapon enhancements. So you can use your weapon enhancement to make your razor flails damage 2, then +1 for Dark Venom, which translate into 3 mortal wounds on a 6 to hit. AND she can still have the thing where 6s to wound cause 1 mortal wound. A better lileth I have no doubt!

I'm quite keen on using the Scarlet epicureans for melee focussed coven, and their flensing blade seems like a lot of fun relic wise. But Haemonculus aren't really weapon master's, but with the Master Clone field relic, it gives them a 4+ invul and 2+ attacks. And if I get lucky, I could take the bsttlescar which halves damage taken but loose access to power from pain, which he wouldn't need due to the clone field. Take the Coven of twelve warlord trait, and you'll half all damage you take, then -1, then have a 4+/5++ against it.

I quite enjoy how over time you really can build your own special characters.
Back to top Go down
Sarcron
Sybarite
Sarcron

PostSubject: Re: Crusade character set ups    Crusade character set ups  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11 2022, 00:01

In my current crusade I'm working on making my archon as hard-hitting in melee as possible.

The end goal is djinn blade w hatred eternal warlord trait, frenzon injector, artisan bionics, a clone field, and eventually mask of the first age. In addition to this having them as my ascendant lord so when I add wyches I can give them combat drugs, and completing the soul trap requisition.

This results in my archon having 10 attacks at strength 6 (7 with drugs), hitting on 2's, re-rolling all hits and wounds at ap -3 3D. Enemies that hit them then allow the archon to attack twice.
In addition, an extra invul, 5+++, increased movement, re-rolling advances and charges, and if really needed nearby enemies auto-fail morale.

They should be able to kill something.

Unfortunately still made of glass lol, they've only survived a single battle out of the entire campaign so far

Sarcron
Back to top Go down
alexwellace
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Crusade character set ups    Crusade character set ups  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15 2022, 18:14

Used my own Murder Archon today in 3 crusade games, my first time using the Djin Blade Eternal Hatred Archon. He's a bloody menace!

Raking in the majority of the XP himself, largely due to slaying every single sorcerer in a thousand sons army personally during a witch-hunt agenda, he's ended the day with Lord of Toxins and Artificer Bionics.

He's got the finishing blows on a farseer, a unit of wraithblades, a Necron lord and royal guard and 10+ warriors, an exalted sorcerer, 2 rubicae units and an occult terminator. He's now rocking 7 Str 5 attacks with full rerolls and any 6s to wound cause mortal wounds. Next upgrade level he'll become a master archon and become even scarier! And I'll start my soul trap requisition.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crusade character set ups    Crusade character set ups  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crusade character set ups
Page 1 of 1