THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Rumor: patrols to lose one heavy and one fast attack slot in Chapter Approved 2022

Go down 
+4
Azdrubael
Kalmah
Gelmir
Drek
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Drek
Slave
Drek

Rumor: patrols to lose one heavy and one fast attack slot in Chapter Approved 2022 Empty
PostSubject: Rumor: patrols to lose one heavy and one fast attack slot in Chapter Approved 2022   Rumor: patrols to lose one heavy and one fast attack slot in Chapter Approved 2022 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13 2022, 03:44

Here’s the leak source:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/372912-chapter-approved-2022-leaks/
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

Rumor: patrols to lose one heavy and one fast attack slot in Chapter Approved 2022 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumor: patrols to lose one heavy and one fast attack slot in Chapter Approved 2022   Rumor: patrols to lose one heavy and one fast attack slot in Chapter Approved 2022 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13 2022, 09:37

As rumours go it would seem an odd one, as changing the detachments would require a rulebook errata, not just a new campaign book. As far as the rules go, a campaign giving new detachment types wouldn't overrule the old detachment types for other game types, and likely not for Matched either.
I don't know. That seems too odd a change for a campaign book. Campaign books as far as I recall have never included changes to core rules before.
So I'm taking it with a massive pinch of salt.

Gelmir likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
Gelmir
Sybarite
Gelmir

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: patrols to lose one heavy and one fast attack slot in Chapter Approved 2022   Rumor: patrols to lose one heavy and one fast attack slot in Chapter Approved 2022 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13 2022, 12:09

I agree with Squidmaster. I'd be more afraid if those were rumours about a new edition core book, but not a Chapter Approved.

Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: patrols to lose one heavy and one fast attack slot in Chapter Approved 2022   Rumor: patrols to lose one heavy and one fast attack slot in Chapter Approved 2022 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13 2022, 17:26

if that's the case, then definitely the Cults subfaction won't ever be played again! its already a pain to fit all our fast attack slots with 2.......now only one? so you will need to choose if you play Hellions OR Reavers but never both of them in a patrol?
That's simply a big no no! We are so dependent of the Patrol detachment that they just can't go there......this would be literally our fourth nerf in less than a year!!! (and this one would probably be the worst)
Back to top Go down
Drek
Slave
Drek

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: patrols to lose one heavy and one fast attack slot in Chapter Approved 2022   Rumor: patrols to lose one heavy and one fast attack slot in Chapter Approved 2022 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13 2022, 18:19

Squidmaster wrote:
As rumours go it would seem an odd one, as changing the detachments would require a rulebook errata, not just a new campaign book.

Chapter Approved isn't a campaign book. Campaign books are like the Book of Rust and such. Chapter Approved lists new points costs, but it also reprints all the core rules for the game, with updates. It's not a new edition, but it is new rules, and as such this logic doesn't hold up.

Which doesn't mean the rumor is true, of course. The rumor could still very much not be true. But if it's not true, it won't be for this reason.

The Strange Dark One and Burnage like this post

Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: patrols to lose one heavy and one fast attack slot in Chapter Approved 2022   Rumor: patrols to lose one heavy and one fast attack slot in Chapter Approved 2022 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 03 2022, 11:18

Rumor: patrols to lose one heavy and one fast attack slot in Chapter Approved 2022 A_202210
Its from the latest articles.

The Strange Dark One
Wych
The Strange Dark One

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: patrols to lose one heavy and one fast attack slot in Chapter Approved 2022   Rumor: patrols to lose one heavy and one fast attack slot in Chapter Approved 2022 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 03 2022, 11:48

Azdrubael wrote:
Rumor: patrols to lose one heavy and one fast attack slot in Chapter Approved 2022 A_202210
Its from the latest articles.

I don't think that's really saying much. The guys writing these articles know absolutely nothing of what is coming in the balance/conent pipeline. They are just hired content creators which are informed on a need-to-know basis.
Back to top Go down
sekac
Wych
sekac

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: patrols to lose one heavy and one fast attack slot in Chapter Approved 2022   Rumor: patrols to lose one heavy and one fast attack slot in Chapter Approved 2022 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 03 2022, 14:29

I own the new Chapter Approved, I bought it at LVO. I can confirm there are no changes to patrols. 

Hell, there are no changes to any core mechanics because this book does not include any core rules. It only includes the tournament rules. 
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: patrols to lose one heavy and one fast attack slot in Chapter Approved 2022   Rumor: patrols to lose one heavy and one fast attack slot in Chapter Approved 2022 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04 2022, 09:03

I also already have my copy of CA2022.
There are no changes to Detachment rules.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Gary
Slave
Gary

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: patrols to lose one heavy and one fast attack slot in Chapter Approved 2022   Rumor: patrols to lose one heavy and one fast attack slot in Chapter Approved 2022 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11 2022, 23:36

My question is about the new subfaction key words. It says all the <kabal> key words must be the same for the entire army. Does that mean I can't bring 3 patrols one Black heart. One poisoned tongue, one obsidian rose? Even though the rules require each splintered genius to be from a different kabal?
Back to top Go down
sekac
Wych
sekac

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: patrols to lose one heavy and one fast attack slot in Chapter Approved 2022   Rumor: patrols to lose one heavy and one fast attack slot in Chapter Approved 2022 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 12 2022, 00:08

Gary wrote:
My question is about the new subfaction key words. It says all the <kabal> key words must be the same for the entire army. Does that mean I can't bring 3 patrols one Black heart. One poisoned tongue, one obsidian rose? Even though the rules require each splintered genius to be from a different kabal?

Correct. That wording on Splintered Genius is now redundant. You may only have 1 total Kabal and thus, only one Splintered Genius Archon and one Trueborn squad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: patrols to lose one heavy and one fast attack slot in Chapter Approved 2022   Rumor: patrols to lose one heavy and one fast attack slot in Chapter Approved 2022 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rumor: patrols to lose one heavy and one fast attack slot in Chapter Approved 2022
Page 1 of 1