THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Our new psychic prowess

Go down 
+6
Zenotaph
Gelmir
Sarcron
Dalamar
CptMetal
alexwellace
10 posters
AuthorMessage
alexwellace
Kabalite Warrior

Our new psychic prowess Empty
PostSubject: Our new psychic prowess   Our new psychic prowess I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04 2022, 11:12

So the new craftworld book has came in and actually sprinkled in a fair few new gifts for us as well.

Notably, travelling player Harlequin patrols being easy to fit in to our army, and Corsairs.

This is the easiest access to psychic powers we've had in quite a while, any ideas of how to use it?

What jumps to mind immediately is Harlequin Shadow seer spell Shards of Light, which imposes -2 leadership. Combined with Grisley Trophies, -4, combined with our access to PGL could end in quite a few reliable mortal wounds dumps even against LD 10 opponents.

You could even add to this a Corsair wayseeker and cast Mind War, for the potential to simply blow up an opposing character or vehicle. Not many of the other abilities hugely benefit us, but for mortal wound batteries they do pretty well. Or the corsairs could just be a command point farm casting fateful divergence.
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Our new psychic prowess   Our new psychic prowess I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04 2022, 11:51

Shadowseer with Mirror of Minds, Shards of Light, and (through a strat) Smite.
Wayseeker with Executioner.

A reasonably reliable 5D3 mortal wounds in the psychic phase, which can help in a lot of match-ups.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Our new psychic prowess   Our new psychic prowess I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05 2022, 20:55

alexwellace wrote:
So the new craftworld book has came in and actually sprinkled in a fair few new gifts for us as well.

Notably, travelling player Harlequin patrols being easy to fit in to our army, and Corsairs.

This is the easiest access to psychic powers we've had in quite a while, any ideas of how to use it?

What jumps to mind immediately is Harlequin Shadow seer spell Shards of Light, which imposes -2 leadership. Combined with Grisley Trophies, -4, combined with our access to PGL could end in quite a few reliable mortal wounds dumps even against LD 10 opponents.

You could even add to this a Corsair wayseeker and cast Mind War, for the potential to simply blow up an opposing character or vehicle. Not many of the other abilities hugely benefit us, but for mortal wound batteries they do pretty well. Or the corsairs could just be a command point farm casting fateful divergence.

I like the idea. I really liked the freakshow army, even if it isn't that powerful anymore
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Our new psychic prowess   Our new psychic prowess I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07 2022, 12:45

Hmm, the MWs also help with plotarmor rules, like the new phoenix lords...

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Our new psychic prowess   Our new psychic prowess I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07 2022, 15:40

I'm thinking of taking 2 10 man Corsair troop squads with shuriken rifles and 1 cannon in raiders with Splinter Racks. Because full range rapid fire shuriken is better than full range rapid fire splinter rifles.

Then 1 squad Corsair Elite squad min size with Wayseeker with CP gen power from Fortune tree.

Back to top Go down
Sarcron
Sybarite
Sarcron

PostSubject: Re: Our new psychic prowess   Our new psychic prowess I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07 2022, 23:42

Zenotaph wrote:

MWs don't get around the only 3 wounds per phase? Are you referring to the invul?

Sarcron
Back to top Go down
Gelmir
Sybarite
Gelmir

PostSubject: Re: Our new psychic prowess   Our new psychic prowess I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08 2022, 01:05

Dalamar wrote:
I'm thinking of taking 2 10 man Corsair troop squads with shuriken rifles and 1 cannon in raiders with Splinter Racks. Because full range rapid fire shuriken is better than full range rapid fire splinter rifles.  

Then 1 squad Corsair Elite squad min size with Wayseeker with CP gen power from Fortune tree.

It never occurred to me that Splinter Racks work for non-splinter weapons. But yes, they officially work for Rapid Fire weapons. Thanks for that reminder. Razz

Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Our new psychic prowess   Our new psychic prowess I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08 2022, 12:20

Sarcron wrote:
Zenotaph wrote:

MWs don't get around the only 3 wounds per phase? Are you referring to the invul?

Nope, but its damage in the psychic phase. So it deals dmg in a "No Drukhari Zone".
Normally we only deal damage in the movement-, shooting- and combat phases.
The plotarmor limits the incoming wounds to a certain amount per phase, as I understand it.
So the Corsairs add to the max possible amount of wounds per round.

Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Our new psychic prowess   Our new psychic prowess I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17 2022, 15:24

Ive been playing around with the Corsairs, and they are pretty neat. Sure fill a Raider with some spicy Splinter weaponry. If only we could use their Strats while inside our boats, lol.

Something that has been on my mind is the Elite Corsairs units that can take a psyker. The JSJ strat from the CWE codex explicitly says they cant use it to get back into transports, but Corsairs have the Drukhari keyword, and can therefore use the Drukhari JSJ strat.

This means if you run into something really tough, you can jump out of the boat and Smite, Bladestorm, then jump back into the transport (that is itself hiding behind a wall).

IDK how useful this tactic is, but certainly something to think about.
Back to top Go down
Cerve
Hekatrix
Cerve

PostSubject: Re: Our new psychic prowess   Our new psychic prowess I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18 2022, 10:50

fisheyes wrote:
Ive been playing around with the Corsairs, and they are pretty neat. Sure fill a Raider with some spicy Splinter weaponry. If only we could use their Strats while inside our boats, lol.

Something that has been on my mind is the Elite Corsairs units that can take a psyker. The JSJ strat from the CWE codex explicitly says they cant use it to get back into transports, but Corsairs have the Drukhari keyword, and can therefore use the Drukhari JSJ strat.

This means if you run into something really tough, you can jump out of the boat and Smite, Bladestorm, then jump back into the transport (that is itself hiding behind a wall).

IDK how useful this tactic is, but certainly something to think about.

Another tip: Flayed Skull stratagem affect Corsairs embarked in a Flayed Skull Raider. Situational, but usefull (both Custodes, Clowns and Tau have Fly keywords).
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: Our new psychic prowess   Our new psychic prowess I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21 2022, 19:05

What are some good strats to use for the corsairs in a drukhari army. I totally forgot they have strats. Can they use drukhari ones as well? Prob not, but just checking. Haha

Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Our new psychic prowess   Our new psychic prowess I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22 2022, 12:15

colinsherlow wrote:
What are some good strats to use for the corsairs in a drukhari army. I totally forgot they have strats. Can they use drukhari ones as well? Prob not, but just checking. Haha

Take a look by yourself: Here is the complete overview!!
Very informative, I think. Wink

Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Our new psychic prowess   Our new psychic prowess I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24 2022, 22:46

colinsherlow wrote:

They can use both Aeldari and Drukhari strats, as long as a) you've unlocked the relevant strats by taking an appropriate detachment, and b) they've got the exact keywords that the strat needs. Lots of things locked off to them because they lack CORE or <Craftworlds>, unfortunately.

Bladestorm (shuriken weapons explode on hit rolls of 6) and our Hunt From the Shadows are probably their most typically useful strats, but it's notable that they're eligible for both versions of the deep strike and fire and fade strats.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Our new psychic prowess   Our new psychic prowess I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Our new psychic prowess
Page 1 of 1