THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Which psychic discipline are you using in 7th and why?

Go down 
+12
Amornar
deep-sea-captain
Unorthodoxy
clively
Laughingcarp
Dethdispenser
Zenotaph
Squidmaster
Skari
Vasara
Count Adhemar
Painjunky
16 posters
AuthorMessage
Painjunky
Wych
Painjunky

Which psychic discipline are you using in 7th and why? Empty
PostSubject: Which psychic discipline are you using in 7th and why?   Which psychic discipline are you using in 7th and why? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24 2014, 11:29

Along with the new psychic phase quite a few psychic powers have changed in 7th which makes me wonder...

Which discipline do you find the most advantageous for your dark kin?

What are the powers you are hoping to roll?

On what units (friend or foe) do you like to cast said powers on?
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Which psychic discipline are you using in 7th and why?   Which psychic discipline are you using in 7th and why? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24 2014, 11:33

I generally play Beaststar and I'm finding Telepathy to be a great discipline. If I get the powers I want from that I will then generally go for Divination just to grab the Primaris.

Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: Which psychic discipline are you using in 7th and why?   Which psychic discipline are you using in 7th and why? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24 2014, 12:48

Count Adhemar wrote:
I generally play Beaststar and I'm finding Telepathy to be a great discipline. If I get the powers I want from that I will then generally go for Divination just to grab the Primaris.

Telepathy for me too, but Divination primaris got worse with edition change. I go from Telepathy to fate more often.

ETC 2015 Captain, Eldar/DE (10th)
Painting blog
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Which psychic discipline are you using in 7th and why?   Which psychic discipline are you using in 7th and why? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24 2014, 12:54

Vasara wrote:
Count Adhemar wrote:

Telepathy for me too, but Divination primaris got worse with edition change. I go from Telepathy to fate more often.

With the Spiritstone, Prescience is as good as it ever was.

Skari
Wych
Skari

PostSubject: Re: Which psychic discipline are you using in 7th and why?   Which psychic discipline are you using in 7th and why? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24 2014, 12:59

I have use a seer three times. Used Telepathy once. Used Divination Twice. So far divination was more useful. But I want to try Runes of Fate because more powers are ML1

Youtube Channel
Back to top Go down
http://patreon.com/skaredcast
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Which psychic discipline are you using in 7th and why?   Which psychic discipline are you using in 7th and why? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24 2014, 14:00

NONE, because I'm a Dark Eldar player. Smile

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Which psychic discipline are you using in 7th and why?   Which psychic discipline are you using in 7th and why? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24 2014, 14:15

Squidmaster wrote:
NONE, because I'm a Dark Eldar player. Smile

Damn, I wanted to say that, too.

Kabalite Warrior
Dethdispenser

PostSubject: Re: Which psychic discipline are you using in 7th and why?   Which psychic discipline are you using in 7th and why? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24 2014, 15:12

I third what Squidmaster says.
Back to top Go down
Laughingcarp
Wych
Laughingcarp

PostSubject: Re: Which psychic discipline are you using in 7th and why?   Which psychic discipline are you using in 7th and why? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24 2014, 19:42

Fourth for Squid.
That said, with my CSM I always aim for a mix of Telepathy, Malefic Daemonology, and Biomancy. Biomancy buffs for Daemon Princes, Telepathy for Sorcerers unless I'm running a Forgefiend in which case I spring for Divination (Prescience) via Crimson Slaughter supplement, and Daemonology for DPs and CS Sorcs if I feel like summoning a few fluffy reinforcements.

But I'm hoping to get a game in with allies (Our group almost always plays pure codex lists), bringing in my CSM. Be'lakor with cultists and a maulerfiend. Get telepathy/shroud all over our skimmers, see how they like them space apples.

Edit: in hindsight, does this even work? Technically I'm not "targeting" a unit of desperate allies with the power, as Shroud targets the psyker himself.
Do desperate allies count as friendly models for purposes of the buff?

Edit edit: Nope, upon further reading allies of X are counted as non-targetable enemies.

Host of Shattered Purity - Chaos Daemons

Last edited by Laughingcarp on Wed Jun 25 2014, 08:16; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
clively
Sybarite
clively

PostSubject: Re: Which psychic discipline are you using in 7th and why?   Which psychic discipline are you using in 7th and why? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24 2014, 22:35

Fifth for Squid.

I've had a seer council and a squad of dire avengers sitting on the paint bench since the Eldar codex came out.  They are assembled and primed but I just can't bring myself to put real paint on them.  Every time I think about it I get visions of how wonderful it would be to see them flayed by a pain engine.... Wink

Now, I have run some Harlequins with a Shadowseer but I'm pretty sure you don't get to swap out the Veil power.

Beating A Different Drummer
Unorthodoxy

PostSubject: Re: Which psychic discipline are you using in 7th and why?   Which psychic discipline are you using in 7th and why? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24 2014, 23:22

Divination dominates. They made it do too many things that dont seem to fit. How is a 4+ save for the unit Divination? Thats biomancy.

Silly people.

http://www.40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com/
deep-sea-captain
Hellion
deep-sea-captain

PostSubject: Re: Which psychic discipline are you using in 7th and why?   Which psychic discipline are you using in 7th and why? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25 2014, 02:33

None with my Dark Eldar, we don't have any Psykers.

Biomancy for one of my Crimson Fists Librarians, haven't decided for my Space Wolves yet, hoping they'll get there own in a new codex.
Back to top Go down
Painjunky
Wych
Painjunky

PostSubject: Re: Which psychic discipline are you using in 7th and why?   Which psychic discipline are you using in 7th and why? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 27 2014, 14:12

Thank you Adhemar, Vasara, Skari and Unorthodoxy for answering my question.

Wow, I didn't know people were so against taking a farseer occasionally.
Back to top Go down
Amornar
Kabalite Warrior
Amornar

PostSubject: Re: Which psychic discipline are you using in 7th and why?   Which psychic discipline are you using in 7th and why? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 27 2014, 14:26

I play Tau and working on Dark Eldar currently, neither of which have psykers, allied or otherwise. Previously I ran a single level 2 in my salamanders force but I don't foresee him getting much game time anytime soon seeing as how he would never get a power off.

All that said I do rather like Sanctic.....seems the most toolboxy lore which I like. Always a useful power and not a lore I'm taking for a one or two powers (looking at you invisibility)
Back to top Go down
Myrvn
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Which psychic discipline are you using in 7th and why?   Which psychic discipline are you using in 7th and why? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 28 2014, 05:00

I run a Farseer with a Spirit Stone and run with Guide and Prescience. I will roll on divination first to see what third option I may get. Also, when playing Tyranids, riptides, or Wraithknights I will take Psychic Shriek as the third power.

The spirit stone really makes a difference.

Back to top Go down
Bibitybopitybacon
Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

PostSubject: Re: Which psychic discipline are you using in 7th and why?   Which psychic discipline are you using in 7th and why? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 04 2014, 19:04

hate to interrupt and sound like a jerk.. but we do have a psyker in the codex, the shadowseer is a psyker and in our codex. Since The dark eldar seem to have no problem letting shadowseers put on shows in the heart of the dark city I think the whole dark eldar anti psyker thing is over emphasized and will likely be reduced in the next codex.
Personally I run a spirit seer and Haermy in a raider with 8 incubi. They eat whatever they run into.
Back to top Go down
Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

PostSubject: Re: Which psychic discipline are you using in 7th and why?   Which psychic discipline are you using in 7th and why? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 04 2014, 22:31

I plan to run Demonology when I get to play, because summoning demons is a cool thing and the rest of you in Commoragh don't know what your missing.
Back to top Go down
Panic_Puppet
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Which psychic discipline are you using in 7th and why?   Which psychic discipline are you using in 7th and why? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 04 2014, 23:07

Nothing on my DE as I don't possess a shadowseer, or any craftworld Eldar to ally in. With my Blood Angels, I've been enjoying telepathy, it seems to work well.

PostSubject: Re: Which psychic discipline are you using in 7th and why?   Which psychic discipline are you using in 7th and why? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which psychic discipline are you using in 7th and why?
Page 1 of 1