THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Community made Codex - Scourge Lord and Shadowfiend

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

Community made Codex - Scourge Lord and Shadowfiend Empty
PostSubject: Community made Codex - Scourge Lord and Shadowfiend   Community made Codex - Scourge Lord and Shadowfiend I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15 2022, 16:34

I decided to combine a couple of HQs as these would be Blades for Hire HQs and will only specifically affect their corrisponding units so first

Scourge Lord (60)
M14 WS2 BS2 S3 T3 W5 A4 Ld9 Sv4

Stalker in the skies: During your command phase you may choose up to 2 <Scourge> units within 6" of this model. This model and the selected units immediately return to the skies and are removed from the board and set in strategic reserves, they made be set up anywhere on the board during the reinforcement step of the movement phase to be place more than 9" away from enemy units

Winged Strike: During deployment, you can set up this unit high in the skies instead of setting it up on the battlefield. if you do so, then in the Reinforcements step of one of your Movement phases, you can set up this unit anywhere on the battlefield that is more than 9" away from any enemy models.

This model is equipped with a shard carbine, plasma grenades, and a power lance.

This model may replace its shardcarbine with one of the following: Heat lance (+10), Blaster (+10), Dark lance (+15), Haywire Blaster (+10), Shredder (+5), Splinter Cannon (+10)

Ghostplate: this model has a 5+ invulnerable save.

Aura: Practiced Precision: <Scourge> models within 6" of this model do not suffer the penalty for moving and shooting heavy weapons.

Shadowfiend (65)
M8" WS2+ BS2+ S5 T4 W5 A5 Ld9 Sv6+

Hunted from the shadows: When this unit uses its "Fade away" ability, select one unit of <Mandrakes> that has also used its fade away ability, when these units are set up during the Reinforcement step they may be set up withing engagement range of an enemy unit. The enemy cannot fire overwatch or set to defend. This model and the mandrake unit count as having charged this turn.

Fade Away: Once per battle, at the start of your Movement phase, you can remove this unit from the battlefield and then, in the Reinforcement step of your next Movement phase, you can set this unit back up anywhere on the battlefield and more than 9" from any enemy models. If the battle ends and this unit is not on the battlefield, it is destroyed.

From out of the shadows: During deployment, when you set up this unit, it can be set up anywhere on the battlefield that is more than 9" away from the enemy deployment zone and any enemy models.

Shadow Creature: Models in this unit have a 5+ invulnerable save.

Shrouded From Sight: Each time an attack targets this unit, subtract 1 from that attack's hit roll.

Calamity runes: when a <Mandrake> unit within 6" of this model attacks using its Baleful blast, unmodified wound rolls of a 5+ inflict 1 Mortal Wound on the target in addition to any additional damage.

Baleful Blast, Glimmersteel blade

What do yall think? And what ideas do yall have?

Last edited by Archon_91 on Wed Mar 16 2022, 12:36; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Community made Codex - Scourge Lord and Shadowfiend   Community made Codex - Scourge Lord and Shadowfiend I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15 2022, 23:15

Love a lot of the ideas for these.

I'll offer a few suggestions if that's okay:

Regarding the Scourge Lord, I'd maybe consider giving him a Power Lance as a little extra. Obviously he's not meant for combat but it means he can at least do something.

Saying that, could also consider dropping his WS to 3+ just to emphasise his focus on range?

I think it's great overall, though.

Re the Shadowfiend, I've got a few more tweaks in mind so I'll just post my revised version:

Shadowfiend (80)
M8" WS2+ BS2+ S5 T3 W5 A5 Ld9 Sv6+

Dreadblast: 18", Assault 3, S5 AP-1 D2 An unmodified wound roll of 5+ inflicts 1 mortal wound in addition to its normal damage. This weapon ignores Look Out Sir!
Nightmare Claws: Melee, S:User, AP-1, D1d3 An unmodified wound roll of 5+ inflicts 1 Mortal Wound in addition to its normal damage.

Like Fighting Shadows. In the Fight Phase, instead of making a Consolidation move, the Shadowfiend may instead be removed from the table and immediately redeployed at least 9" away from enemy units.

Dark Pathways: Once per battle, at the start of your Movement phase, you can remove this unit from the battlefield and then, in the Reinforcement step of your next Movement phase, you can set this unit back up anywhere on the battlefield and more than 3" from any enemy models. If the battle ends and this unit is not on the battlefield, it is destroyed.

From out of the shadows: During deployment, when you set up this unit, it can be set up anywhere on the battlefield that is more than 9" away from the enemy deployment zone and any enemy models.

Shadow Creature: Models in this unit have a 5+ invulnerable save.

Shrouded From Sight: Each time an attack targets this unit, subtract 1 from that attack's hit roll. In addition, this model cannot by targeted by shooting attacks unless it is the closest model to the firer.

Soul-Hunter: Whenever this model inflicts a Mortal Wound on an enemy unit, it immediately regains 1 wound (to a maximum of 3 per turn). In addition, when this model attacks a Character, it may reroll up to 1 hit roll and up to 1 wound roll.

Bringer of Horrors: During deployment, for each model with this ability you may choose a single unit of Mandrakes. Those units lose Fade Away and instead gain Dark Pathways. In addition, their Baleblasts inflict Mortal Wounds on a wound roll of 5+, rather than 6+.

I tried to lean a little more towards the Shadowfiend being a lone assassin. So, rather than an aura, he upgrades a single unit at the start of the battle, which can then act independently. I also improved his weapons a bit, to make him a little more of a threat (and, again, lean towards it being an assassin). I also gave it a trick in that it can disappear from combat after attacking. Seemed thematic to me.

I wondered if Bringer of Horrors would be better as a list-building ability (similar to how Kabalites are upgraded to Trueborn) but for now I'll leave it on his dataslate for reference.

Archon_91 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: Community made Codex - Scourge Lord and Shadowfiend   Community made Codex - Scourge Lord and Shadowfiend I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16 2022, 13:07

I very much like the Shadowfiend being an assassin and i wonder if we should make Bringer of horrors an upgrade option +15 pts and you change one mandrakes unit into a Shadefiend unit +2pts per model they gain Dark pathways and Dreadblast
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Community made Codex - Scourge Lord and Shadowfiend   Community made Codex - Scourge Lord and Shadowfiend I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16 2022, 16:27

Archon_91 wrote:
I very much like the Shadowfiend being an assassin and i wonder if we should make Bringer of horrors an upgrade option +15 pts and you change one mandrakes unit into a Shadefiend unit +2pts per model they gain Dark pathways and Dreadblast

I think it could absolutely work as a Master ability. In that instance, would you move one of the Shadowfiend's current powers to being a Master power? Or else add an extra ability to it?

(If neither, we probably don't need the extra 15pts, since we're already adding 2pts per model to the upgrades Mandrake unit.)

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Community made Codex - Scourge Lord and Shadowfiend   Community made Codex - Scourge Lord and Shadowfiend I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Community made Codex - Scourge Lord and Shadowfiend
Page 1 of 1