THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Drukhari versus Powerarmor

Go down 
+8
krayd
Archon_91
Cerve
Soulless Samurai
dumpeal
CptMetal
Zenotaph
colinsherlow
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

Drukhari versus Powerarmor - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drukhari versus Powerarmor   Drukhari versus Powerarmor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30 2022, 14:27

Zenotaph wrote:
Hmm, I gave the Raiderspam a second thought. Or was it a third?

The 5 points from using Dissies over DL could go to chain snares.
That would make 6 S7 AP-1 D1 attacks per boat. AP-2 with Coven of 12.
Ok, only WS4, but otherwise a nice distraction. And filled with MSU sized Incubi and Wracks...

On Raiders, dissies are the cheaper choice (it's the other way around on Ravagers, for some reason).

So a raider with a dissie and chainsnares would be the same cost as a raider with a DL.
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Drukhari versus Powerarmor   Drukhari versus Powerarmor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30 2022, 18:45

Actually, thats what I am trying to say. Wink

Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Drukhari versus Powerarmor   Drukhari versus Powerarmor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 01 2022, 01:29

And dont forget your Raiders are hitting on 3s starting Turn 3 (or Turn 2 with the Animus Vitae)
Back to top Go down
Sarcron
Sybarite
Sarcron

PostSubject: Re: Drukhari versus Powerarmor   Drukhari versus Powerarmor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 01 2022, 11:04

fisheyes wrote:
The Harpie are Transhuman due to getting Synapse. Its a 15 point upgrade, that only one can get. The second one usually gets a 4++ save (which a unit of Zoantropes usually give out for free Turn 1 armywide).

Technically the second Harpie would only be hitting on 4s, wounding on 3s, saving on 4s, maybe with a 5+++ due to Catalyst.

Regardless, the math is not very great for anything except Hellions. And the Hellions generally get picked up on Turn 1 by the Harpies (they will likely get the first blow, since they move faster).

Ah makes sense
And yeah, zoanthropes seem pretty powerful- still waiting on the codex to arrive in my country- it's that weird intersection of being better (for the nids) going second else the important things like harpies are typically out of range of imperatives unless they're synapse

Sarcron
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Drukhari versus Powerarmor   Drukhari versus Powerarmor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 01 2022, 12:21

fisheyes wrote:
And dont forget your Raiders are hitting on 3s starting Turn 3 (or Turn 2 with the Animus Vitae)
Well, seems to me, spaming Raiders, filled with MSU Wracks and Incubi should be a pain for powerarmored armies.
I tend to Coven of 12 because of the extra AP.

Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Drukhari versus Powerarmor   Drukhari versus Powerarmor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 02 2022, 14:33

I like to run 1 big block of 10 Incubi in the "Boats filled with knives" approach, to deal with big blocks of 10 Terminators and their equivalent. When I run 2x5 Incubi, they generally get Interrupted and the second squad is dead before they can swing.

Thats my experience anyway. Still undergoing testing after going back to the Goodstuff approach.

Niurvindol likes this post

Back to top Go down
Void Prince
Hellion
Void Prince

PostSubject: Re: Drukhari versus Powerarmor   Drukhari versus Powerarmor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 04 2022, 10:14

A quick note from a game I played last night. My Quins v Death Guard @ 1000 points. First time with revised points/rules, so main net effect 1 less Voidweaver.

With the new Ap modifier, his reduce damage by 1 ability plus his (1 CP) strat to halve my shots against one unit it went badly for me. I hate the inability to take a weapon(s) upgrade on a troop unit to give them St5. Only wounding on 5's with reduced damage, Ap etc is an uphill battle.

Time to break out the real Dark Kin again!
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Drukhari versus Powerarmor   Drukhari versus Powerarmor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 04 2022, 12:46

Void Prince wrote:

Corsairs?

Erebus and CptMetal like this post

Back to top Go down
Void Prince
Hellion
Void Prince

PostSubject: Re: Drukhari versus Powerarmor   Drukhari versus Powerarmor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 04 2022, 18:56

Soulless Samurai wrote:
Void Prince wrote:

Corsairs?

Ha, Ha. It really should be but they are just too problomatic to get into any list, let alone as a dedicated single force Sad

How GW got it so wrong for them and as allies in general is just a mystery?
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Drukhari versus Powerarmor   Drukhari versus Powerarmor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 05 2022, 13:01

Void Prince wrote:

With the new Ap modifier, his reduce damage by 1 ability plus his (1 CP) strat to halve my shots against one unit it went badly for me. I hate the inability to take a weapon(s) upgrade on a troop unit to give them St5. Only wounding on 5's with reduced damage, Ap etc is an uphill battle.

Were you Dark Harlies with the AP3? Incubi are S5 AP3 D2, which are only +1S over your Dark Harlies while costing about the same. While you also get ObSec, run thru models/terrain, free fall back and charge, and better boats.

Legitimately, the main thing that DE have over Harlies is access to Wracks/Coven and Mandrakes (IMO).
Back to top Go down
Void Prince
Hellion
Void Prince

PostSubject: Re: Drukhari versus Powerarmor   Drukhari versus Powerarmor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 06 2022, 09:00

fisheyes wrote:
Void Prince wrote:

Were you Dark Harlies with the AP3? Incubi are S5 AP3 D2, which are only +1S over your Dark Harlies while costing about the same. While you also get ObSec, run thru models/terrain, free fall back and charge, and better boats.

Legitimately, the main thing that DE have over Harlies is access to Wracks/Coven and Mandrakes (IMO).

No, I was playing Light, as I normally do. However, Dark seems to be a better option now (in this match up). Perhaps with a bit of Craftworld support?
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Drukhari versus Powerarmor   Drukhari versus Powerarmor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 12 2022, 14:14

CWE are an S Tier army, with Harlies being a solid A Tier.

From a Comp point of view, you would be handicapping yourself by taking Dark Eldar. All we really bring to the mix is Herd The Prey secondary (which CWE/Harlies are better at scoring, since they are killy enough to take units out of table quarters) and Wracks.

IMO if you wanted to take DE, your list would be roughly:

CWE patrol with psykers and shuriken to score Warp Ritual (then run away so the opponent cant interact). Shuriken for obvious reasons.

Harlie Dark patrol for punchy stuff. Maybe a Voidreaver or two.

DE patrol consisting of Draz and some wracks for access to Herd the Prey

Take Warp Ritual, TTL and Herd. Score 97 points vs anyone not Nids, and outscore Nids (assuming equal skill level)

EDIT: But honestly your probably better off not taking DE at all, and just scoring Stranglehold. You should be able to max that with just a little more effort than Herd
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drukhari versus Powerarmor   Drukhari versus Powerarmor - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Drukhari versus Powerarmor
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2