THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Crushed by Iron

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sizzly
Hellion

Crushed by Iron Empty
PostSubject: Crushed by Iron   Crushed by Iron I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 09 2013, 15:46

My Iron Warriors buddy does it again...

Crushed by Iron IMG_0522

Click on the picture for the write up, more pictures and battle meta.

iToysoldiers
Back to top Go down
http://itoysoldiers.com
Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

Crushed by Iron Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crushed by Iron   Crushed by Iron I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 09 2013, 19:44

Sounds like a painful battle! But hey, everything's a learning experience Smile One thing I would suggest is dropping the Aegis and quad gun altogether. I've managed to capture somebody else's before too, and it's an ignominious end for anyone it takes down. Dark Eldar work best on the move anyway, so spend those points on a Venom for the wyches if they stay in your list, place your objectives more towards the middle and go for later captures. I'm down a bit on wyches too, which is a shame as they're the best painted models in my army! Swapping the foot squad for some warriors would probably be a good idea though, they're not a lot more survivable but they at least have some ranged punch.

My experience with Dark Eldar has been that it is practically impossible for them to hold an objective with a scoring unit all the way through the game, and that they're at their best dancing just out of range, whittling an enemy unit down before finishing them off with a strong charge. If the defence line is for holding a home objective I don't think it's really worth it.

Flyers are problematic for us, but not insurmountable. The scariest is definitely the Heldrake, but they're scary for everybody! In the main I find flyers don't do much more damage than something on the ground would do, they just require more dedicated fire. The Razorwing is nice to have to at least put up a fight against enemy aircraft, but like you say in your report it's a huge fire magnet. Just try and keep it's points cost down if it's not doing well for you - stock missiles, splinter rifle, etc. Personally I always find that it never deals with enemy aircraft anyway, it's always a snap shotting Ravager that gets them if anything does! I wouldn't say get rid of it completely (it is so pretty, like you say), but certain armies outclass us on air superiority to such an extent that it's better sometimes to not even bother competing in the skies. If you've got enough stuff wrecking face on the ground, one or two aircraft that won't even be there for the whole game won't be as much of a problem. If you can dominate the anti-armour side of things, you can turn all your shooting skywards once you've crippled his capturing ability.

Kabalite Warrior
fuhrmaaj

Crushed by Iron Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crushed by Iron   Crushed by Iron I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 09 2013, 20:07

Good game!

That's too bad he got on top of your ADL and shot down your Razorwing. I don't really like the ADL for that reason. DE need to give ground where they can and use their mobility. If you're worried about flyers then I think the best solution is to make every unit threaten them. Taking warriors with a blaster and haywire wyches can really make turn the table into a minefield for flyers.

Also your Razorwings should be decent against flyers, but they've got to live long enough to shoot at them!

Good luck at your tourney!
Back to top Go down
Sizzly
Hellion

Crushed by Iron Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crushed by Iron   Crushed by Iron I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 16 2013, 15:07

It was sad to watch my Kabal get chewed up by his guns but it was a fun game.

You'd think that the short table edge deployment would work better for me but it just ain't so. It's hard to cross that field - especially with two predators with overlapping fields of fire. It's hard to stay out of range of enough of the lascannons to really utilize the flanking maneuver. I need to work on how to mitigate that. Scourges with haywire? I've tried Deep striking against this opponent before and it was just a disaster. It also didn't help that he's brilliant.

Thanks for the feedback, my friends. I'll incorporate it into my game next week.

iToysoldiers
Back to top Go down
http://itoysoldiers.com
Sponsored content

Crushed by Iron Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crushed by Iron   Crushed by Iron I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crushed by Iron
Page 1 of 1