THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2000 point list for Warhammer World.

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lyndon
Hellion
Lyndon

2000 point list for Warhammer World. Empty
PostSubject: 2000 point list for Warhammer World.   2000 point list for Warhammer World. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11 2017, 01:50

Right guys I'm playing at WHW with some friends in a large table. It's not a competitive game but it's 3v3. I'm against marine army. This is my list based on models I have, any thoughts welcome as I have timeto change.. I do don't want to venom spam but try out a few things.

Hq

Archon , shadowfield, haywire grenades, agoniser, webway portal.

Troops.

9 man kabalites in raider dark lance

10 man kabalites in raider dark lance

Elites

5 incubi inc klaivex in venom duel cannon.

5 man trueborn 4 blasters in venom duel cannon

5 man trueborn 4 blasters in venom duel cannon

Fast attack

3 man reavers cluster caltrops heat lance

3 man reavers cluster caltrops heat lance

3 man reavers cluster caltrops

Venom duel cannon

Venom duel cannon

5 man scourges 4 haywire blasters.

Heavy

Ravager 3 ldark lance

Ravager 3 dark lance

Talos twin linked splinter icor injectionsr
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point list for Warhammer World.   2000 point list for Warhammer World. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11 2017, 01:56

What are you focusing on trying out? This list as presented is incredibly outdated and outmoded, and has massive inefficiencies that actually make the relevant units worse than if you took them base. I'm structuring my response this way becauese we've had a rash of folks lately who ask questions like this and flub off advice even though what their doing is terrible even by casual play standards and then come back and complain about how they lose every game.

You don't want to do venomspam. Okay. What do you want to do so we can tell you what fat to cut in order to make that goal achievable?
Back to top Go down
Lyndon
Hellion
Lyndon

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point list for Warhammer World.   2000 point list for Warhammer World. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11 2017, 02:14

Ok then.I will take advice.though. How would you change that list to bring it up to date,? I'm playing 30k marines and a dreadnought army.
Back to top Go down
Lyndon
Hellion
Lyndon

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point list for Warhammer World.   2000 point list for Warhammer World. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11 2017, 02:17

I'm open to all suggestions but need reasons why the units have been structured like you suggest as still getting my head around this army.
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point list for Warhammer World.   2000 point list for Warhammer World. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11 2017, 02:24

Alright bear with me.

First I'm going to produce and optimized version of this list and we'll go about modernizing it from there. After I flip this around let me know what else you own.

And don't double comment. edit your first next time, even on mobile this is possible.
Back to top Go down
Lyndon
Hellion
Lyndon

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point list for Warhammer World.   2000 point list for Warhammer World. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11 2017, 02:29

Ok sorry.

It is 2.30 in the morning here in uk.A little cloudy headed due to son waking me up.
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point list for Warhammer World.   2000 point list for Warhammer World. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11 2017, 03:20

No Problem!

CAD
HQ
Lhamaen
Elites
2x  3xIncubi - Klaivex, Raider
1x 5xTrueborn - 4x shredder, 1xSplinter Cannon, Venom (2x Splinter Cannon)
Troops
3x  5xWarriors - 1xBlaster, Venom (2x Splinter Cannon)
Fast Attack
2x 3xReavers - Arena Champion, Cluster Caltrop
1x 5xScourges - 4x Haywire blaster
HS
2x Ravager 3xDL
1x Talos - Ichor Injector

Purge Cotorie Formation
Archon - Shadowfield, Haywire Grenade
Warriors - Trueborn - 4x Blaster, Dracon w/Haywire Grenade, Venom
Raider
Reavers - 3xReavers - Arena Champion, Cluster Caltrop

This list is your list with the addition of 1xlhamaen, build them out of a wych, an additional raider, and an additional incubus. If you don't own either of those then cut a whole incubi squad and find a new way to spend those points. I'd put the Archon with a unit of incubi and get them up the table as quickly as possible. The archon only does 3 things:

1. They get the unit out of CC if they get charged by a dreadnought.
2. They tank as many wounds as possible
3. So long as their boots are on the ground at the beginning of a turn every other model taken as part of the purge cotorie gets preferred enemy against something you designate that the archon can see for the rest of the turn.

The Arena champion upgrade is taken because you CAN give them the cluster caltrop and now you LoS wounds off of it, keeping it alive longer, on a 4+. Dracon is taken to spend points and because they meld well with the rest of the identity of the squad and the SGT and Grenade together is exactly the same price as a 5th blaster. This way 3 of your venoms have obsec. Your troops can crack metal bawkses and you're incubi both aren't going to overkill, and are going out more wounds across more units then your configuration does. First trueborn squad puts out a ton of hurt due to the nature of rolling for scatter and shred. Second Trueborn squad rerolls due to the Preferred Enemy making the blasters significantly better.

What else do you own?
Back to top Go down
Lyndon
Hellion
Lyndon

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point list for Warhammer World.   2000 point list for Warhammer World. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11 2017, 03:46

Hi wow thanks. I own another 4 incubi models another archon, a succabus and that's it. I do have the extra raider for the list.

What are the loadouts on the raiders? Bare bones?
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point list for Warhammer World.   2000 point list for Warhammer World. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11 2017, 03:48

Yep. Dissies are very good generally, and exceptional against foot slogging marines. Field your succubus as the lhamaen
Back to top Go down
Lyndon
Hellion
Lyndon

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point list for Warhammer World.   2000 point list for Warhammer World. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11 2017, 03:52

That's great thank you, also how does arena champions wth caltrops differ from normal with caltrops?
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point list for Warhammer World.   2000 point list for Warhammer World. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11 2017, 03:57

In this squad arrangement you're upgrading someone to an arena champion, the reaver sgt, because they are now a character, but not an independant character, they can Look Out Sir wounds onto other models in the squad on a 4+ and take challenges. The rules text for reavers explicitly states that any MODEL in the squad, rather than any reaver like the blaster or heat lance, may take a cluster caltrop. By putting the cluster caltrop on the Arena champion that Look Out Sir now helps keep the Cluster Caltrop, the whole point of the unit, alive. As a bonus It allows you to stick the cluster caltrop into a challenges. d6 S6 rending hits on a space marine tac squad starting with the sgt? Yes please.

To recap: Your paying 10 pts to make the cluster caltrop into a character for LoS and the ability to be used in challenges.
Back to top Go down
Lyndon
Hellion
Lyndon

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point list for Warhammer World.   2000 point list for Warhammer World. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11 2017, 04:00

Got it. That's priceless info. Thank you. Also where would the archon start the game?
Back to top Go down
Lyndon
Hellion
Lyndon

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point list for Warhammer World.   2000 point list for Warhammer World. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11 2017, 04:10

You can't take a raider or reavers in the cottire formation though.
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point list for Warhammer World.   2000 point list for Warhammer World. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11 2017, 04:10

Shadowfield/Haywire grenade. The general problem with shadowfield archons is that in order to make them able to dish out punishment in CC they get way too expensive. 200pts for a Character that needs to kill 2 tac sgts before they're ready to take on a captain is unacceptable. Blaster makes them a ranged unit that exposes them to volume of fire where a non-rerollable 2+ is only going to go so far. Haywire Grenade at 5 pts allows them to both provide something it's body guard unit doesn't have, anti-vehicle, and provide a wound vacuum to make those bodyguards more survivable on the table.

If you KNOW you are going first: On the table that way you get turn 1 preferred enemy. Otherwise in a raider with a unit of incubi either in deep strike reserves or on the table screened with reavers.

One thing to consider as well is to either make one of the Arena Champions or the Klaivex in the other squad your warlord. The Archon isn't really a great candidate for the CC all star powers, our warlord trait table, as well as many of the traits in the BSB, is. These options spread the offensive potential around to other squads.

Yes you do. That is precisely what a purge cotorie is. The Purge Cotorie is the start collecting box formation.
Back to top Go down
Lyndon
Hellion
Lyndon

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point list for Warhammer World.   2000 point list for Warhammer World. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11 2017, 04:22

That's Great. I've a list st I can work on now with solid reasons why I needs to use what and when, thanks so much mate.!! I might have a few more questions.
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point list for Warhammer World.   2000 point list for Warhammer World. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11 2017, 04:31

Feel free to fire away as they come up, myself and others will probably address them as best we can. A key to remember when playing with this list is that it's modernized not optimized. So some spots, talos comes to mind, may feel like your making tactical misplays as you respond to your opponents when in actuality its more that your army is a little 2 dimensional but that is very dark eldar.
Back to top Go down
Lyndon
Hellion
Lyndon

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point list for Warhammer World.   2000 point list for Warhammer World. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11 2017, 04:48

So my game at WHW is 2000 points. What would you add that this list to take it to 2000?

I'd be buying more to add and don't want to get some stuff that's not effective.
Back to top Go down
Lyndon
Hellion
Lyndon

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point list for Warhammer World.   2000 point list for Warhammer World. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12 2017, 14:02

I have £90 to spend on expanding. Based on the models I have what do you think I need to buy to make this list optimised? I have the covens book already so can expand in that direction.
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point list for Warhammer World.   2000 point list for Warhammer World. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12 2017, 18:38

Were I playing I'd probably turn it into 2 CAD's with 2-3 medusae in the HQ for each rather than the lhamian or an archon and snag a second set of 5 (4xHaywire) scourges and a 3rd squad of them with Heat lances.

Don't play like that. If your execution is at all flawed you'll be getting tabled.

Instead I'm going to recommend to you the single best purchase you can make as a dark eldar player, especially one who already owns the covens book.

Assuming you have the spare masks and other leftover bits from your talos: buy 2 boxes of Age of Sigmar Vargheists/Crypt Horrors and another talos. Since you don't own a haemonculus you'll need one of those as well.

From these 2 boxes and your other leftover talos bits you'll build 2 units of Grotesques for later to field a grotesquerie with. The new talos will be built as a cronos with the spirit syphon (mask with hanging sucker) and you'll field a Dark Artisan in the coming game.

In order to fit the Dark artisan: cut the CAD trueborn squad and we'll backfill with competitive upgrades later.
Back to top Go down
Lyndon
Hellion
Lyndon

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point list for Warhammer World.   2000 point list for Warhammer World. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13 2017, 06:06

Done, they're on the way.
Back to top Go down
Lyndon
Hellion
Lyndon

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point list for Warhammer World.   2000 point list for Warhammer World. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14 2017, 10:26

I'll have to have s jiggle with points. Adding the dark artisan formation puts me way over, even if I remove a trueborn unit.
Back to top Go down
Akaiyou
Hellion
Akaiyou

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point list for Warhammer World.   2000 point list for Warhammer World. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14 2017, 20:32

The advice here is awesome. Last year I came here for help as a new DE player and got my lists tooled up pretty damn good, my games went very well winning more often than losing, and generally I became more and more efficient with my units once I accumulated experience. I'm not starting a Harlequins army with DE allies and this was the first place that came to mind for units to support the Harlequins with.
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point list for Warhammer World.   2000 point list for Warhammer World. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14 2017, 22:20

You did move the talos out of the CAD too right @lyndon? because that is the talos you will be using the DA and I'm pegging you at 1889. (1924 with a WWP on the Haemonculus)
Back to top Go down
Lyndon
Hellion
Lyndon

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point list for Warhammer World.   2000 point list for Warhammer World. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15 2017, 06:25

I'll have a look today. Got the models so could do with going over entire lists at some point. My 1850 list for my club games and my 2000 point list taking into account I now wil have grotesque

I'm on 1964 with WWP on hermunculous.

Just realised its two incubi units in one raider isn't it?@amorrowlyday

I think we need the go through the list again from m scratch. I can't get to the same points
Back to top Go down
Lyndon
Hellion
Lyndon

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point list for Warhammer World.   2000 point list for Warhammer World. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22 2017, 05:58

So I won with the list last night at my club against a very good ork player. I won 18-10. The MSU obsec really came in as I was able to grab early objectives. He had a tough list inc a truck of 10 burna boyz and a battle wagon with a meganob and 18 boys in it. Because he ran formation s I was able to
Win a lot of objectives. The only big mistake I made was not keeping my reavers back until later in the game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point list for Warhammer World.   2000 point list for Warhammer World. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2000 point list for Warhammer World.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next