THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Rules fixed! Points reductions! NEW DETACHMENT?!

Go down 
+2
Sarcron
Count Adhemar
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

Rules fixed! Points reductions! NEW DETACHMENT?! Empty
PostSubject: Rules fixed! Points reductions! NEW DETACHMENT?!   Rules fixed! Points reductions! NEW DETACHMENT?! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 30 2024, 16:08

Dataslate: https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/09/dKoVkM0TCEGV9plY.pdf

Pain Tokens give -1ap to melee weapons, and Archons can join Incubi!

Field Manual: https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/09/dKoVkM0TCEGV9plY.pdf

Reductions!

Index update WITH NEW DETACHMENT!!! https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/06/YM94ReD2i0ka88QU.pdf

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Rules fixed! Points reductions! NEW DETACHMENT?!   Rules fixed! Points reductions! NEW DETACHMENT?! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 30 2024, 16:58

Drazhar, Grots, Hellions, Incubi, Raiders, Reavers, Succubi, Talos and Venoms all down, Voidraven up.

New detachment looks interesting.

Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: Rules fixed! Points reductions! NEW DETACHMENT?!   Rules fixed! Points reductions! NEW DETACHMENT?! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 30 2024, 19:17

Archon can now join incubi! So exciting and the new detachment is great along with pain tokens adding ap in melee with the new detachment adding [lance] on the charge after disembarking makes me want to play wyches
I do not like how Night shields are back as a stratagem and not as equipment and disembarking + charge after transport moving should have been part of the detachment rules and not a stratagem as well

Overall though I think this is a positive
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Rules fixed! Points reductions! NEW DETACHMENT?!   Rules fixed! Points reductions! NEW DETACHMENT?! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 30 2024, 19:43

Well, since we are the only faction with a winrate <40%, it would be shameful for GW to not do something.
Uh, is that grammartically correct? Ah, nevermind.
The changes to Realspace Raider look pretty minimal. AP reduction only in melee? For a mostly shooty detachment?
I wonder if the AP reduction stacks on a Succubus with Blooddancer enhancement...

I like the idea of pairing Incubi with an Archon an his Court. Fight first, lethal hits and -1 to wound.
Oh, and Battleshock tests in the shooting- and fightphase.
BUUUUT.... Of course it doesn't work. Kabalites only. GW still hate us. They just try to hide it...

The new detachment looks nice at first glance, but it might be very CP costly.
The detachment rule is pretty niche, so it mostly depends on its stratagems.
And those only work with Transports. I think, we might see Raider spam lists again.
With some Wrack-filled Venoms for extra mortals. I think, I have to think about it a bit more. What do you think?

Sybarite
Sarcron

PostSubject: Re: Rules fixed! Points reductions! NEW DETACHMENT?!   Rules fixed! Points reductions! NEW DETACHMENT?! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31 2024, 09:33

Very exciting changes, thank god they recognised that archons need to lead incubi.

The new detachment is easily better than the other one, although I dislike two of the strats.

One of them giving mortal wounds if you have an embarked transport fighting seems weird, but potentially possible if very niche.

The sustained hits on shooting (and sustained 2 on kabalites!!!) is awesome... but we have to step out of the transport to do it for some reason. Surely would've been easier to say give a transport's weapons other than those originally equipped, with models inside sustained, and extra if the unit inside is kabalites.

Overall very nice and sparking a bit of passion to get back to our favourite murder elves

Sarcron
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Rules fixed! Points reductions! NEW DETACHMENT?!   Rules fixed! Points reductions! NEW DETACHMENT?! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31 2024, 10:42

Sarcron wrote:
Very exciting changes, thank god they recognised that archons need to lead incubi.

Too bad he cant take Incubi and his personal dudes. Man, that would rock...

Sarcron wrote:

The new detachment is easily better than the other one, although I dislike two of the strats.

One of them giving mortal wounds if you have an embarked transport fighting seems weird, but potentially possible if very niche.

Sure, it is niche, but a few wracky Venoms around can chip away some leftovers. Might come in handy...

Sarcron wrote:

The sustained hits on shooting (and sustained 2 on kabalites!!!) is awesome... but we have to step out of the transport to do it for some reason. Surely would've been easier to say give a transport's weapons other than those originally equipped, with models inside sustained, and extra if the unit inside is kabalites.

Don't forget the 'ignore cover' when disembarking and the enhancement from characters.
The whole detachment is about disembarking at the right (well, or wrong) time and place.

Sarcron wrote:

Overall very nice and sparking a bit of passion to get back to our favourite murder elves

I so can feel the excitement. Sure do. And I might be able to pause my 'Scourge' painting in favor of other stuff.

Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Rules fixed! Points reductions! NEW DETACHMENT?!   Rules fixed! Points reductions! NEW DETACHMENT?! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31 2024, 11:52

Sarcron wrote:

I've thought something like that should have been part of the rules for Open Topped since the beginning. An open vehicle should allow its passengers to fight.

Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Rules fixed! Points reductions! NEW DETACHMENT?!   Rules fixed! Points reductions! NEW DETACHMENT?! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31 2024, 13:41

I thought a bit about it. A splitted Kabalite squad can add an Archon with Court.
Their Raider gets them near the enemy and they disembark. Now they have auto [Ignore Cover].
Via stratagem they could now add [Sustained Hits 2/1 for the Court and Archon].
They also have [Lethal Hits], courtesy to the Lhamean. Thats a lot of fire.
They even get full hit rerolls, when empowered.

Now, here is what I think, right after disembarking, we slap another 1CP strat on the table.
That allows us to charge in this very same turn. With enhancement there isn't even overwatch.

That makes 2 Blast- and 1 Splinterpistol, 1 Shardcarbine, 1 Eyeburst (incl Battleshock-Test),
1 Blaster, 1 Shredder, 1 Splintercannon and a Darklance in the shooting phase.
Maybe even a Grenade, thanks to the Sybarite. A very lot of firepower, I think.

Ok, the charge after this is overkill, but it is nice. [Fight first] thanks to the Ur-Ghul, [Lance] and [Lethal Hits].
Feeling generous? Empower again. Get a -1AP bonus, plus full hit re-rolls.
And don't forget the -1 to wound bonus from the Sslyth, but that's only the case, if something survives.

This is awesome, but extremely expensive. If it works, it could kill very much.
If not? Well, then we're pretty much done for.

Edit: And to be honest, Blastpistols with [Sustained Hits] are just hillarious. lol!

Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: Rules fixed! Points reductions! NEW DETACHMENT?!   Rules fixed! Points reductions! NEW DETACHMENT?! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31 2024, 14:32

I've been iching to actually try this with a wych cult themed list, it might still be a meme but give a succubus the nightmare shroud (unit cannot be oberwatched), use the charge after move strat, empower in the fight phase and suddenly you have 36 [sustained hits 1] [lance] fights first attacks with ap -2 ... I like how that sounds
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Rules fixed! Points reductions! NEW DETACHMENT?!   Rules fixed! Points reductions! NEW DETACHMENT?! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31 2024, 18:45

Don't forget the 'no escape' abillity from your Wyches. Twisted Evil

Too bad, the Haemis go out as loosers. No grouping with Grots. And even if, they take 3 slots per model...

Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: Rules fixed! Points reductions! NEW DETACHMENT?!   Rules fixed! Points reductions! NEW DETACHMENT?! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31 2024, 18:48

Urien can still walk behind grots and heal them every turn so there is that
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Rules fixed! Points reductions! NEW DETACHMENT?!   Rules fixed! Points reductions! NEW DETACHMENT?! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31 2024, 19:23

Skysplinter assault is now available in Battlescribe. Well, at least partially.
The Reavers are somehow broken and there are no enhancements.

Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: Rules fixed! Points reductions! NEW DETACHMENT?!   Rules fixed! Points reductions! NEW DETACHMENT?! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31 2024, 19:28

I'm going to give the list building apps until the weekend to see if they are fully updated there was a lot to input off of this dataslate and because baytlescribe is upkept by volunteers I'm not going to expect it to be 100% within a day of the dataslate dropping
Back to top Go down
Athalkar
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Rules fixed! Points reductions! NEW DETACHMENT?!   Rules fixed! Points reductions! NEW DETACHMENT?! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31 2024, 20:47

I'm actually liking the new detachment rule with Grotesques - giving ignore cover to liquefier guns lets them work with their ap -1. Lance on their melee lets them wound marines on 2+ and grotesques (relatively) high strength score means they would wound light vehicles and smallish monsters on 4+ (e.g., Rhino, generic dreadnaughts, D/Eldar vehicles). Pity the small unit size and transport capacity. I'm particularly fond that this does not necessary rely on CP expenses to work effectively. (Though I suppose if you needed them to embark back onto the transport that would be a CP for a raider.)

I am a bit concerned with buffs that depend on living transports. Additionally, being locked into just 3 pain tokens at the beginning. IF trying to take advantage of lance and putting more charge elements into your force, you will spend pain tokens to reroll charges and the charges are likely going to be out of range of the Chronos.. Risk missing the charge (that damn cursed 3 charge roll) or take the tasty reroll hit and +1 to ap-- or spend 2 pain tokens. I predict tough pain token decisions.
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Rules fixed! Points reductions! NEW DETACHMENT?!   Rules fixed! Points reductions! NEW DETACHMENT?! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 06 2024, 07:54

To quote one very popular wrestler: "Hell, yeah!!!"
I can't wait to see this weeks goonhammer article. Competitive innovations in 10th.
Hopefully there are more than just a few 'Skysplinter' detachments.
Yesterdays 'roundtable' was quite informative. They mostly agreed,
Necrons ate the big winners this dataslate, quickly followed by us and Custodes.

Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Rules fixed! Points reductions! NEW DETACHMENT?!   Rules fixed! Points reductions! NEW DETACHMENT?! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 09 2024, 16:28

https://www.goonhammer.com/competitive-innovations-in-10th-you-cant-keep-an-elf-down-pt-2/

Here we go. A new Skysplinter list in a post-dataslate Tournament and one RSR pre-update win.
Very nice list btw... Remember beaststar...

Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Rules fixed! Points reductions! NEW DETACHMENT?!   Rules fixed! Points reductions! NEW DETACHMENT?! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 11 2024, 12:39

Whelp, I finally managed to my first game with the Skysplinter, and I got absolutely stomped. It was Necrons with The Silent King, Nightbringer and a whole load of Immortals, and they were really reliably destroying my transports before I even had a chance to disembark and make use of special rules.

Silent King killed two Venoms a turn in the first two turns, and the Immortals ripped my Raiders apart with a ridiculous number of shots.

Sigh.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rules fixed! Points reductions! NEW DETACHMENT?!   Rules fixed! Points reductions! NEW DETACHMENT?! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rules fixed! Points reductions! NEW DETACHMENT?!
Page 1 of 1