THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Skysplinter Detachment

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

Skysplinter Detachment Empty
PostSubject: Skysplinter Detachment   Skysplinter Detachment I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11 2024, 17:21

Now that it's had some time to settle I am curious to hear opinions good or bad about the skysplinter detachment.
IMO this should have been the 10th edition launch detachment, and so far it has felt more to the soul of druhkari than the RSR detachment.

Positives:
The focus on and need to use transports feels right and the bonus' for doin so are great.
Gives more diversity to lists. (In that you don't NEED to take one piece of each subfaction to get this to work)
Decent stratagems
Decent enhancements

Negatives:
Doesn't really help wych cults (this is more an army rules gripe but still)
The pain token acquisition is painful
The Pounce on Prey Stratagem should just be an ability of the detachment or of transports in general

These are just opinions and civil discussion of the detachment is the goal
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Skysplinter Detachment   Skysplinter Detachment I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 24 2024, 12:22

I'll add as a con, I've had a couple of game where the transports were still so easily destroy (and pretty quickly too) that all of the transport-based abilities were useless.

If the transports survive the detachment can work well, but I had a recent game against Necrons and lost two Raider and three Venoms in the first turn alone.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: Skysplinter Detachment   Skysplinter Detachment I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 24 2024, 15:07

Yeah that is a massive downside, it would have been nice if it added more ways for the transports to survive with all of the bonuses being very transport focused
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skysplinter Detachment   Skysplinter Detachment I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skysplinter Detachment
Page 1 of 1