THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Severed - Conversion Ideas

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

The Severed - Conversion Ideas Empty
PostSubject: The Severed - Conversion Ideas   The Severed - Conversion Ideas I_icon_minitimeSat May 28 2011, 17:31

I was wondering if anyone could help me with conversion ideas for my chosen Kabal by firstly helping me decided the scale of conversion and secondly by recommending bits to use for the conversions.

"Their Archon S'aronai Ariensis, once botched a coup that cost him his place in the Dark City and most of his left hand. He defiantly refuses to regenerate his wound, and his warriors are often mutilated in the same manner, their right hands reduced to talons or replaced by augmetic claws" DE Codex pg 63 (Is this a typo? Surely GW meant their left hand as that's the hand their Archon lost?)

I don't know how to interpret this regarding my models, as it would make holding their weapons difficult.

My first thought is to just convert the Trueborn units, as from a modeling perspective it would mean less conversions. Additionally they are superior troops so presumably would be able to aim better whilst holding their weapons with one hand, and would more than likely be older and more "loyal" (If you can call them that) to their Archon. Either way I think if that this would look really good if implemented well. (Army wide or just Trueborn)

Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: The Severed - Conversion Ideas   The Severed - Conversion Ideas I_icon_minitimeSat May 28 2011, 17:55

From what I've read this means they can have some sort of "Terminator (from movies) hand", right?. I don't know, maybe instead of CCW cut their fingers, add 5 small metal claws from plasticard and add some putty? Or use Necron Warriors bits (I guess You can buy them pretty cheap AND have thier guns which can act as... I don't know, "grimdard" street lights?).

or do this guy
The Severed - Conversion Ideas Andyandmakeupdudes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Severed - Conversion Ideas   The Severed - Conversion Ideas I_icon_minitimeSat May 28 2011, 18:34

Thanks for your tips Local_Ork. I guess they could look like terminator hands, and I had thought of using a Necron hand for my Archon in another thread. so it's good to hear you recommend Necron bits as it reassures my line of thought, abliet i hadn't thought of using their gauss rifles as well.

Ariensis wrote:
I've considered using the Necron Lord and Resurrection Orb for bits to convert my Archon. (I need a replacement hand and the Orb would make a good soul trap)

I suppose if you were really lazy you could simply paint one hand a different colour and state that the hand is gloved, but I'm not that lazy! I keep thinking of power-fists, but they are too big...

Lol! With regards to the picture, he could quite possibly be a Haemonculi creation!

Last edited by Ariensis on Sun May 29 2011, 07:50; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: The Severed - Conversion Ideas   The Severed - Conversion Ideas I_icon_minitimeSat May 28 2011, 22:16

Augmented claws, eh? Like something looking like these?
Back to top Go down
Radium
Kabalite Warrior
Radium

PostSubject: Re: The Severed - Conversion Ideas   The Severed - Conversion Ideas I_icon_minitimeSat May 28 2011, 22:19

Well, the easy solution would be to just paint their left hands silver or whatever colour you use for your metals. The more elaborate version would be to replace the left hands with hooks, blades and claws. If you don't use the shardnet from the wych kit you might use the hooks found on the end of that to give your warriors nice pirate-style hooks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Severed - Conversion Ideas   The Severed - Conversion Ideas I_icon_minitimeSat May 28 2011, 22:38

Xelkireth wrote:
It certainly seems that Necrons are the way to go! I could use them for Trueborn if there holding a one-handed weapon... They remind me of the old Archons claw.

Radium wrote:
give your warriors nice pirate-style hooks
Lol! I can just imagine the image of them running about like that. Quite fitting as well due to their piratical nature.

Thanks for the tip's guys.
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: The Severed - Conversion Ideas   The Severed - Conversion Ideas I_icon_minitimeSat May 28 2011, 22:45

Ariensis wrote:
Xelkireth wrote:
It certainly seems that Necrons are the way to go! I could use them for Trueborn if there holding a one-handed weapon... They remind me of the old Archons claw.

Radium wrote:
give your warriors nice pirate-style hooks
Lol! I can just imagine the image of them running about like that. Quite fitting as well due to their piratical nature.

Thanks for the tip's guys.
Instead of paying for the GW claws, I'd imagine using slivers of plastic card to make your own would be very, very easy. Follow these guidelines. This pics are from Warseer and are on how to make your own warfan for Lady Malys. Same principle, different practice.

The Severed - Conversion Ideas ConversionStep1
The Severed - Conversion Ideas ConversionStep2
The Severed - Conversion Ideas ConversionStep3
The Severed - Conversion Ideas ConversionStep4
The Severed - Conversion Ideas ConversionStep5
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Severed - Conversion Ideas   The Severed - Conversion Ideas I_icon_minitimeMon May 30 2011, 11:53

Thanks for providing that tutorial Xelkireth, I will certainly be looking into that and experimenting myself. I brought some "Green Stuff" yesterday and will be trying a few things out with that, so hopefully I can come up with something.

What does everyone think of using Genestealer arms > Genestealer Right Claw A & Genestealer Right Claw B

I don't know if they are too organic/mutant...
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: The Severed - Conversion Ideas   The Severed - Conversion Ideas I_icon_minitimeMon May 30 2011, 12:16

IMHO bad move, unless You would like to sculpt armour over them... but what's the point then?

Hooks... are interesting.
http://www.microartstudio.h2.pl/studio/hortwerth/sesja%2007_12_28%20Hat%20101/Hat%20101%2021.jpg
http://www.microartstudio.h2.pl/studio/hortwerth/sesja%2007_12_28%20Hat%20101/Hat%20101%2018.jpg

Actually new DE knifes and "stabby bits" would work nice as fingers.
Back to top Go down
speedfreek
Sybarite
speedfreek

PostSubject: Re: The Severed - Conversion Ideas   The Severed - Conversion Ideas I_icon_minitimeMon May 30 2011, 14:08

How about Necron Destroyers left hands?
The Severed - Conversion Ideas 789195984272
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: The Severed - Conversion Ideas   The Severed - Conversion Ideas I_icon_minitimeMon May 30 2011, 19:19

I think the tyranid arms look to buggish.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Severed - Conversion Ideas   The Severed - Conversion Ideas I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Severed - Conversion Ideas
Page 1 of 1