THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Ynnari conversion ideas

Go down 
+4
wormfromhell
Dynamodez53
Rhivan
Ynneadwraith
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

Ynnari conversion ideas Empty
PostSubject: Ynnari conversion ideas   Ynnari conversion ideas I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16 2017, 15:43

As usual with GW releases, I feel there's a ton of potential in the concept of Ynnari which hasn't really been realised with the 'just paint regular dudes red' idea.

Has anyone had any neat ideas for converting an Eldar Death Cult?

My ideas so far:

Anyone else got any neat ideas?
Back to top Go down
Rhivan
Sybarite
Rhivan

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari conversion ideas   Ynnari conversion ideas I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18 2017, 05:06

Ideas I've had (Not including yours) that I'm thinking of dabbling with my army are:

1.) Wildwood Ranger heads with Necron Skulls as masks

2.) Black Knight Conversions as Khymarae

3.) Skeleton Hordes as Razorwing Flocks

4.) To help seperate Ynnari from normal Aeldari have skulls on one shoulderpad of each model

5.) Dragon Princes make really cool Blood Knight conversions and would make for excellent Undead Elf Lord look for an HQ or perhaps some Harlequin Skyweavers (Or put them on a Clawed Fiend Base, get some Dire Wolves glued on the base with them and you have a Clawed fiend)

6.) Officers have horns attached to their helmets (Taken as inspiration from the Ycarne)

7.) The Ynnari (and ancient Aeldari) seem to have a bit of a Victorian Gothic look going for them (Truly the best type of fashion across the galaxy) and as such would allow for poaching of bits from the Imperium, Empire (Free guilds), and Vampire Counts. (Heck if Plastic Sisters come out we could use their torsos for some female models)

8.) OSL effects, if you know how to paint OSL effects it can truly help give a ghostly impression on your army (I recommend Sky Blue, although Neon Green is an option if your willing to poach from the Crons, perhaps a Blood Red could do well.)
8.5) If your able to do above perhaps painting some of your units in an almost ethereal way could really add to a Death Cult.

9.) Wraithguard using Triarch Necron Torsos instead of their own to simulate being dead, and perhaps a different head

10.) Alternatively we could kitbash Wraithguard or Blades with the Varghest set and give them some fleshy organic (perhaps boney) buts combined with their technological implants.

11.) The Ynnari want to bring back Aeldari ways (which clearly includes fashion) and using bits from Dark Elves, High Elves, and Wood Elves to bring a more archaic look to 40k seems not only effective but stylish to the Ynnari. Having troops run around in plate armor seems pretty cool to me as well.

12.) Glade Guard capes (wood elf) look very tattered and could be excellent for Cavalry, Jetbikes, or normal units to give them a tattered looking cape that seems to fit perfectly with a ragged look.

13.) For Seer Councils having them converted as Valkyrie, Fallen Angels, or Bat winged Vampiresses would be a very cool and almost symbolic way to convert them IMO.

14.) Incorporating Frost into your armies theme is an idea I'd like to persue but still playing with how I'm going to do so.

On a little note I think having an Undead Army that is sleek and well armored to be a appealing and strangely unique. I mean if I'm a well supplied force why won't I give my undead good armor? Although having a bit of it really does look cool.

Well I hope people like these ideas and I'm going to try using them for my army myself.
Back to top Go down
Dynamodez53
Slave
Dynamodez53

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari conversion ideas   Ynnari conversion ideas I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 01 2017, 16:36

Any ideas for an ynnead shadow seer? Maybe even the veilwalker herself? I dont lik having 2 of the same monopose models in an army and already have the other 2 shadow seers?
Back to top Go down
Rhivan
Sybarite
Rhivan

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari conversion ideas   Ynnari conversion ideas I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 01 2017, 20:09

Reaver Jetbike masks would work well for that IMO. If you get a Troupe Master's Coat it could be an interesting Torso for a shadowseer as he'd have a nice greatcoat,(And a cobra commander mask... so if anyone here is interested in making a G.I.Joe Ynnari Cobra army that'd be great xD ). As for legs, a Harlequin Troupe, Wych legs, or if you want to try something different Scourge legs. (I've seen some pretty cool running conversions with scourges)

Ynnari conversion ideas Ae6f0978b58dc63d660770594552007a
Back to top Go down
wormfromhell
Sybarite
wormfromhell

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari conversion ideas   Ynnari conversion ideas I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 02 2017, 06:32

Mandrake legs could be OK, but they are FAILCAST. maybe kabalite legs with the skin? or wracks?
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari conversion ideas   Ynnari conversion ideas I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 02 2017, 15:30

Huh, definitely thought I'd commented on this! :S

Some great ideas there Rhivan Smile would make for a really distinctive army, with a strong skeletal theme to it Smile Now get making some! Wink

That Succubus conversion is one of my all-time favourites. Utterly fantastic model Smile

As for Shadowseers, if you're looking for a character one then that Aelf mage thing from the Silver Tower set would make a stunning basis for a Shadowseer Smile

Ynnari conversion ideas 80aac4e92ad311305011c1a65165ca09

Other than that, I've always associated blank Reaver helmets with Eldar psykers so that'd be a good basis. Other than that, I've made a little kitbashed Shadowseer myself before I realised the latest models were plastic not Failcast...

Ynnari conversion ideas Mfregdnbzl8tzou8mwft

She's mostly Harlequin Troupe bits, with the torment launcher from a Kabalites kit as a backpack, a Wildwood Ranger head with the face shaved off for a blank-faced look, a pointy Scourge arm and a Skyweaver glaive Smile

On the Failcast Mandrake legs I actually think that might be a positive rather than a negative. The main issue with Finecast is flex and bending of delicate bits, but the legs of Mandrakes are pretty bulky so should be ok. Plus, as a material it's a lot easier to work with than pewter so it'll be easier to chop the torsos off Wink
Back to top Go down
Rhivan
Sybarite
Rhivan

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari conversion ideas   Ynnari conversion ideas I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 03 2017, 01:28

Quote :
Some great ideas there Rhivan Smile would make for a really distinctive army, with a strong skeletal theme to it Smile Now get making some! Wink
Thanks! I'm saving up for a mass purchase if you will. I've calculated what I need and I may be using bits for this model, and bits from that so getting everything together at once will let me start doing overly complicated conversions but I'll be doing a giant en masse update. (I did way to much interlocking bullcrap xD)

Yeah that succubus is amazing. I'm trying to think of how I could use the scourge legs for myself like that (I'm thinking I'll use it for Harlequin troupes).

I've seen that Aelf and it would make a pretty solid Shadowseer, I'd love to see what someone does with it.

That is a good looking shadowseer you converted Smile

With the Mandrake legs debate they look good and if you want to use them do so. I dislike dealing with it personally (pain to glue). The heads would be pretty cool to use as well.
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari conversion ideas   Ynnari conversion ideas I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 03 2017, 12:24

Ah I see Smile smart move. Save up for everything you need then buy it all at once. Saves a ton on postage costs too Wink

Ooh Scourge-legged Harlequins are a great way of mixing up the aesthetics of CWE/Harlequins and DEldar for a Ynnari force Smile

It was actually a guy over on Dakka who gave me the idea for using the Mistweaver as a Shadowseer (can't believe I hadn't thought of it before!). Here's his WIP version wielding the Mask of Secrets:

Ynnari conversion ideas 860990_md-

It's such an awesome little conversion we've decided it's the de-facto model for Sylandri Veilwalker in the absence of an official one Smile

And yeah I find Finecast a pain to glue as well (although a teeny tiny speck of GS to fill the gaps works wonders). I just didn't want my semi-irrational bias against it to stop anyone else from trying Wink
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari conversion ideas   Ynnari conversion ideas I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 03 2017, 12:27

@Rhivan

Ynnari conversion ideas Ae6f0978b58dc63d660770594552007a

this conversion is AWESOME!

I love the movement you have gotten!
Back to top Go down
http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Rhivan
Sybarite
Rhivan

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari conversion ideas   Ynnari conversion ideas I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 03 2017, 13:46

As much as I'd like to take credit for that conversion, I was linking that conversion from a post I really like (I plan on stealing the idea for my Harlequins though Smile ) (Unfortunatley the only interesting conversion I have so far posted (imo) is some giant angry Morghast Talos(I?)) Thanks for the compliment though xD

But I agree the range of movement is astounding. The Wild Rider head with the waving hair adds a fantastic feeling of movement to the model.
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari conversion ideas   Ynnari conversion ideas I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 03 2017, 13:53

That Morghast is sweet though Wink the swirling souls work really nicely for a Cronos Spirit Syphon too Smile
Back to top Go down
Rhivan
Sybarite
Rhivan

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari conversion ideas   Ynnari conversion ideas I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 03 2017, 20:44

I was unable to see that shadowseer pic with the mistweaver and it is a fantastic conversion, give my regards to the guy who made him!
Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari conversion ideas   Ynnari conversion ideas I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 18 2017, 15:45

Sounds really great, I wish I had more $$ & more time to create some of mine :>
Back to top Go down
Rokuro
Wych
Rokuro

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari conversion ideas   Ynnari conversion ideas I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 19 2017, 10:50

Executioner skull helmets, anyone?
Ynnari conversion ideas Warhammer-Bitz-Dunkelelfen-Henker-Schwarze-Garde-Kopf-A-Henker
Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari conversion ideas   Ynnari conversion ideas I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 19 2017, 11:58

Dark elves witches also have similar alternate heads with masks (nammed sisters of slaughter)

Ynnari conversion ideas 99120211
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-JP/Dark-Elves-Sisters-of-Slaughter

I've already used some for wyches/bloodbrides conversions and it looks great.
With some effort you can also use them as shoulder pads.
Back to top Go down
mightydoughnut
Sybarite
mightydoughnut

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari conversion ideas   Ynnari conversion ideas I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 19 2017, 12:04

I personally aim for a very converted Ynnari army, it will be mostly DE, but I want to emphasis the reborn glory of the Aeldari through Ynnead and his boon of walking infinity circuit believers. Here is my take on a Solitaire:

Ynnari conversion ideas Tumblr_osiozzeRgN1u8vk1qo5_1280
Ynnari conversion ideas Tumblr_osiozzeRgN1u8vk1qo7_1280

I think it goes well with the triumph and rebirth theme I am going for.

For bits, I used the alternative Archon head from 2011 Archon, some spare Kabalite from a Raider, a Venom standard and a Wych hand from the Venom kit. Base was made by cutting up a Tactical Marine.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/StarHorsePaints
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari conversion ideas   Ynnari conversion ideas I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ynnari conversion ideas
Page 1 of 1