THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal

Go down 
+5
Siticus the Ancient
The_Burning_Eye
SirTainly
Evil Space Elves
Gobsmakked
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal Empty
PostSubject: Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal   Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02 2012, 09:55

The first part in an occasional series.  My other main army is 'Nids, and I will update this with new conversions as I complete them.

First up is a Space Hulk Broodlord, possibly my favourite GW model, converted with scything talons and feeder tendrils.  The tendrils were inspired by Bugsculptor on Warpshadow, who also separated the two left forearms, which are supplied fused together, to really free up the model.  So I looted that idea as well.

C&C welcome.

Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal DSC_0016

Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal DSC_0017

Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal DSC_0018

Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal DSC_0019

Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal DSC_0020

Last edited by Gobsmakked on Mon Jul 13 2015, 02:13; edited 10 times in total
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal   Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02 2012, 16:00

Pic? Sounds juicy. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal   Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02 2012, 20:57

Seems the original pics weren't working properly, apologies, I have changed the source and hopefully these are better.
Back to top Go down
SirTainly
Sybarite
SirTainly

PostSubject: Re: Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal   Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03 2012, 14:05

Very nice! Smile

You should be scoring better on your painting score at tournies with stuff like that!
Back to top Go down
http://fortwargame.blogspot.com/
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal   Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03 2012, 15:38

Wow, juicy indeed! I really like the red and purple with black.
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal   Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03 2012, 04:52

OK, so among other things, I have recently been working on something for my son's CWE army, but cunning Kin that I am, it is also something that I can use Very Happy

Question - what does every Dread Archon dream of owning for his band of merry Corsairs?

Answer - a Warp Hunter, of course!

So, here is what I made using a base grav tank hull, the Fire Prism's hull extensions and rear door, and the base of a Wave Serpent's turret. I extended the rear deck the same as FW's Warp Hunter using plasticard sheet, and added the rear dorsal fins.

The Distortion Cannon is made from one of those bulbous retractable pens that you get everywhere now, this one from the UBC Computer Science department. It was suitably curvy in the right amounts, and I essentially took it apart and re-arranged the sections and added some plasticard tubing in between some of them.

The result is not quite as elegant and detailed as the 'real' FW cannon, but proportionally it's pretty close. I may add some stabilising fins and an air intake similar to FW's when I get my energy back.

The gun and it's mount are also magnetised, so he can use the hulls for other vehicles if he wants - Fire Storm, Night Spinner, Fire Prism, etc. I really do like the versatility of this vehicle.

Here is what I have so far, I will post some more pics when it is finished. The paint job on the cannon needs to be cleaned up and the gems on the hull still have to be done. I hurried to get it presentable for a tournament this past weekend, where it accounted for itself rather well according to my son.

C&C welcome.

Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal DSC_0003

Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal DSC_0002

Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal DSC_0001

Oh, btw, did I mention that Warp Hunters like to hunt in pairs? Very Happy Very Happy

Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal DSC_0019

Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal DSC_0050

Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal DSC_0048

Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal DSC_0051

Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal DSC_0047

Last edited by Gobsmakked on Thu Jan 10 2013, 08:50; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal   Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03 2012, 10:16

Missed this post originally, is it wrong that I think the ripper on the base of your broodlord reminds me of critters the movie? Kinda looks like it's sniggering. Love the work you've done though.

As for your warp hunters, I'm very impressed, never thought that a ball point pen could come in that useful, I'd never have thought of it, well done indeed!
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal   Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03 2012, 15:42

Well done on the Warp Hunters! Now, if you could just do two more and send them to California...
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal   Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11 2012, 06:23

So here's my latest distraction, the new Ork flyer kit. I have just spent 8 days straight at home with a helluva flu, but the one benefit was that in between sleeping, shivering and sniffling, I was able to spend lots of time by myself painting my new Dakkajet. I plan on building one of the bomma versions as well for an upcoming kompetition over at The Waaagh!

We all know how good the Razorwing kit is, and this new Ork flyer is every bit as good. Everything is nicely detailed, there are plenty of extra bitz (lots of bombs and gun turrets if you only build the fighter version) including four different pilot heads, three choices for the lone grot gunner, and open and closed cockpits. Also, the cockpit tub is a separate piece that simply drops into the fuselage after you have put that together, greatly aiding in the painting and assembly of the pilot and cockpit.

This all bodes well for the upcoming release of the Void Raven.

It's not a small flyer, bringing to mind the quote from British fighter pilots when they first laid eyes on the P-47 Thunderbolt - "If you want to take evasive action, you can unbuckle your harness and run around inside the fuselage."

Anyway, this particular Dakkajet is painted in a very dark bloo. The patches of different bloo are part of my fluff, my mob of Deff Skullz love their bloo paint and don't mind what they use, they just grab the closest at hand whenever they are fixing or konverting something.

I changed the pilot's arm and left the exhaust stubs off the front sides, preferring the underlying mesh grills. I also used the bomma inserts in the wings to gain the extra TL-ed Supa Shootas, but filed them down so that I get straight wings instead of the standard upward sloping ones.

I am waiting on an order of Stormboy rokkit backpacks, and when they arrive I will look into putting one on each wingtip for some extra 'oomph', but otherwise it's done.

C&C welcome. Cheers.

Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal Dakkajet030

Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal Dakkajet031

Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal Dakkajet034

Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal Dakkajet035

Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal   Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11 2012, 06:26

A few more shots:
Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal Dakkajet032

I couldn't resist a little Aussie reference with the pilot, virtual cookie if anyone gets it:
Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal Dakkajet033

Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal Dakkajet036

And here he is in action, getting ready to pounce on one of our elusive Void Raven bombers, although the idea that something this big could keep pace with something as graceful as a VR is almost sacriligious:
Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal Dakkajet037

Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal Dakkajet038

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal   Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11 2012, 07:27

That Dakkajet looks awesome! I really love the weathering on it, has that "very old car" look to it. Ork vehicles are always made better the more dirty, ramshackle and battle-damaged they are.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal   Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12 2012, 02:01

While I don't get the obscure Aussie reference, my inner Ork totally approves!!! Perfect weathering. Looks like a rusted and beat up early Mig. So good, this made me drag out my old Death Skulz army. I'm totally buying one of those awesome dakka jets this weekend after my graduation Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal   Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12 2012, 08:18

Graduation? Congratulations mate, that's fantastic! I remember it being rather surreal to finally have all that behind me and be able to re-join the normal world.

A Dakkajet would make a fun gift, it's pretty simple to build but oh so Orky.

I'll PM you about the obscure reference, if you're not fair dinkum you probably won't get it Very Happy

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal   Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12 2012, 14:00

Gobsmakked wrote:
Graduation? Congratulations mate, that's fantastic! I remember it being rather surreal to finally have all that behind me and be able to re-join the normal world.

A Dakkajet would make a fun gift, it's pretty simple to build but oh so Orky.

I'll PM you about the obscure reference, if you're not fair dinkum you probably won't get it Very Happy

Cheers.
I'm pretty sure that I'm not "fair dinkum", at least the doctor told me that the penicillin should have cleared that up Razz
Back to top Go down
SirTainly
Sybarite
SirTainly

PostSubject: Re: Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal   Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 17 2012, 17:58

That dakkajet is really nice, any progress on the bommas ?
Back to top Go down
http://fortwargame.blogspot.com/
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal   Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 17 2012, 21:31

Thanks Simon. You will see the Dakkajet in action at this weekend's tournie! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I haven't started the bomma yet. Still mulling a few ideas, plus even though I could start now, I am waiting for the Waaagh!'s Buggy komp to finish and the Bomma komp to officially begin.

I haven't done much of anything for weeks really, RL and house-selling and -buying have been really demanding. I got the Dakkajet painted and have slowly tinkered some more with the new Necron army I have started to build, but that's all. A few hours here, a few there.

Everything else is packed in boxes in a portable pod in a warehouse somewhere in Burnaby, until we get into a new home. I have just enough of two armies to play games with (without changing the FOC very much) and that's it. I'm dying to get my hands on all my bitz again, and especially start painting up more of my DE.
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal   Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17 2012, 07:33

Sept. 16 - a small update, just to show that I haven't been completely idle these past few months. I played a local tournie back in July for which I painted some 50 new Boyz and partially re-painted about 40 others. I also built two batteries of (3) Big Gun Kannons for some Heavy Support.

With the recent conversion of Big Gunz to Finecast, they now cost $35.75 each here in Canada Sad (and the USD is currently at par). And as every Ork player know, that's for a single variant model, no multiple-barrel options, etc.

Given this scandalous state of affairs, the six Kannons that I wanted to use would have cost me $210.00, plus tax. So, instead I used about $3-$4 worth of plasticard and plastitube to scratchbuild them. I also purchased a box of Grots to krew them for $20.00, and a pack of 13(?) resin wheels for $12.00. They aren't the Orkiest-lookin' ones around, but they are all I could get at short notice.

I used an existing metal Kannon model as a template for size and shape, and put them together over two evenings. Another night to paint them, et voilà!.

Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal OrkKannons1

Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal OrkKannons2

Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal OrkKannons3

C&C welcome.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal   Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17 2012, 14:32

Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal Most-impressive-darth-vader

I actually like the wheels a lot. they remind me of smaller WWII Soviet ZI3 guns.(Goes perfectly with the MIG look of your Dakka Jet) Good stuff!
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal   Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13 2013, 03:19

Some more, non-DE work I have done in recent times.

Here are Ilic Nightspear and two squads of Pathfinders that I painted for my son’s CWE army. I used them as allies in a local tournament with mixed results, they were excellent against several opponents, very precise and effective, but didn’t last long at all in two games against Tau.

Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal IlicNightspear1_zpsa67b876b

Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal IlicNightspear2_zps297e9c07

Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal EldarRangers1_zps0c79ca9d

C&C welcome, cheers.
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal   Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13 2013, 08:09

As well as Ilic Nightspear and the ladz, I have also worked on my 'Nidz a bit.  Here is my interpretation of the Parasite of Mortrex, based on the codex art, and some Hive Guard converted from some beat-up Warrior models I inherited as part of another Craigslist purchase:

Official GW artwork:
Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal ParasiteofMortrexartwork_zps963bdda7

My interpretation:
Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal ParasiteofMortrex2_zps3ffece89

Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal ParasiteofMortrex4_zps342d4a8f

Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal ParasiteofMortrex1_zps2a621223

Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal ParasiteofMortrex3_zpse28aba3f

Hive Guard - still to finish painting these.

Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal HiveGuard1_zps68578bf3

Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal HiveGuard2_zps4ce94ce2

Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal HiveGuard3_zps4ea04eea

Last edited by Gobsmakked on Mon Sep 16 2013, 21:19; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal   Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13 2013, 08:14

And here are a couple of Mycetic Spore Pods that I designed using plasticene and then cast up in liquid plastic.

My original intention was a set of 4-5, consisting of larger pods like these for MC's and larger broods, middling pods for Warriors, etc., and baby pods for small bugz.  They would then be mounted in different combinations on bases with rocks, etc., but I have yet to make any bases or any of the other sized pods.  I ran out of steam a bit with this project.

I like how they turned out, however, they are very simple but do the job nicely (plus I won't have to shell out when GW's model FINALLY arrives in a couple of months).  There are indents at the top of each armoured column where ripper tentacles can be anchored (mine will be magnetised) and draped over the side.  The "gun" at the top is fairly generic so that it can count as any of the options.

Several other local players liked them and I ended up making a few extra just for the cost of the materials.  Funnily enough, when I played at the Astronomi-con tournament in Vancouver in August with two other 'Nid players, we all had the same pods.  It was kind of a neat feeling.

Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal MyceticSporePods1_zps80aecfb2

Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal MyceticSporePOds2_zps5b2a3d96

In action at Astro:
Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal MyeticSporePodsatAstro2013_zps8ead9532

Bugz vs. bugz at Astro:
Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal MyceticSporePods-mevsJamesatAstro2013_zps18c5929c

C&C welcome, cheers.

Last edited by Gobsmakked on Mon Sep 16 2013, 21:20; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
facelessabsalom
Wych
facelessabsalom

PostSubject: Re: Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal   Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13 2013, 15:19

The pictures are broken Sad
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal   Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 16 2013, 19:34

facelessabsalom wrote:
The pictures are broken Sad
Hmmm, they were working for me.  I just re-posted them and they seem to be fine, anyone else having issues seeing them?

EDIT - never mind, I think I know the problem, I will have to duplicate the pics from my Warpshadow album into Photobucket and link from there. Sigh.
Back to top Go down
facelessabsalom
Wych
facelessabsalom

PostSubject: Re: Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal   Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 16 2013, 20:56

Can't see. Is it public photos?
-------
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /main.php on this server.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal   Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 16 2013, 21:21

Changed the 'Nid ones for my Pods, Parasite and Hive Guard to Photobucket, they should all work now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal   Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gobsmakked's fatal flaws - July 12, first Stormcast Eternal
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next