THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

New Blood

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
><enocide
Slave
><enocide

New Blood Empty
PostSubject: New Blood   New Blood I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17 2012, 08:33

Looking at creating a Dark Eldar army list, I've done hours of research but I'm worried my army list lacks the requirements for troop choice, other than the low amount of troops, I am satisfied with my list, but I am posting it up for more experienced DE players to advise, criticize, or offer suggestions. Thanks.

Kabals of the Dark Void

HQ

1 Archon - Dark Lord Victor - 160 pts.
huskblade, soul-trap, haywire grenades, ghost-plate armor, shadow field, combat drugs

Elite

5 Incubi - The Dark Hand - 185 pts.
Klaivex, demiklaives, bloodstone, muderous assault, onslaught
w/Raider

Troops

*5 Trueborn - Decimators - 176 pts.
4 Blasters, 3 Haywire, Dracon: Ghostplate, Blast Pistol, Agoniser
w/Venom
OR

*5 Trueborn - Splinter Hunters - 138 pts.
2 shard-carbines, 2 splinter cannons, 3 plasma grenades, dracon: ghostplate, Phantasm GL, power weapon
w/Venom

10 Kabalites - The Dark Ones - 180 pts.
1 Blaster, 1 Dark Lance, Sybarite: Ghostplate, Phantasm GL, Power Weapon
W/Raider

Fast Attack

6 Reavers - Wings of Darkness - 222
2 blasters, 2 Cluster Caltrops, Arena Champion: Power Weapon

Heavy Support

1 Ravager - Harbinger of Destruction - 130
3 Dark Lances, Grisly Trophies, night shields, flickerfield

1 Ravager - Head Hunter - 125
3 disintegrator cannons, night shields, flickerfield

Transports

1 Raider - Seat of the Dark Lord - 105
shock prow, torment GL, Chain Snares, Grisly Trophies, Envenomed blades, Night shields, Flickerfield

1 Raider - Dark Follower's Vessel - 105
shock prow, chain snares, grisly tropies, splinter racks, night shields, flickerfield

*1 Venom - Sting - 90
Splinter Cannon, Chain snares, Grisly Trophies, Envenomed Blades, Night Shields

*1 Venom - Hunter's Retribution - 85
Splinter Cannon, Chain Snares, Grisly Trophies, Night Shields

* indicates optional load out, an either or, such as choosing one squad of elites over the other or one venom over the other.

Roughly my list falls short of 1500 pts by about 30 pts.....any suggestions, advice, or criticisms? Keep in mind that I'm trying to create an army list that will prove "durable" against all the other armies in W40K.
Back to top Go down
lululu_42
Kabalite Warrior
lululu_42

New Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Blood   New Blood I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17 2012, 08:41

I would probably ditch one unit of trueborn and there transport for another unit of warriors in a raider.

Are you going for more friendly all comers or a more tournament style list because overall looks like a fun shooty army. What I see is a problem is the lack of Troops. You will have an extremely hard time with objectives. Theres alot of things that can be trimmed for more points but it depends on where you plan on going with this list.

Space Elves get a pass.
Back to top Go down
><enocide
Slave
><enocide

New Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Blood   New Blood I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17 2012, 08:44

Yeah I really want an elite shooting army, I realized my lack of troop choices will be the weakness of my army so I would make them top priority in saving and defending with more expensive harbingers of pain like hard hitting ravagers and harassing reavers to get the opponents attention, then use my troops wisely to place them where they will show most useful...now i only have 1 archon, 5 incubi, 10 kabals, and only one of the 5 trueborns....so my troops are limited

Slave
><enocide

New Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Blood   New Blood I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17 2012, 08:46

my other alternative is drop most of the useful upgrades with most units to throw in the extra 5 kabals w/venom... but my army will lack the technological advantage over most armies :/

Kabalite Warrior
lululu_42

New Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Blood   New Blood I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17 2012, 09:06

Well some of the upgrades you really don't need for dark eldar. Dark Eldar are best played with units specializing in one thing rather than being a Jack of all Trades.
Basically you want a single unit to be geared towards Anti Infantry while another would be Anti tank.

For Example
The grisly Trophies on your raiders and Venoms in my opinion are situational in the fact that they would be useful if your opponent is forcing you to make a lot of Ld tests. Other wise there not too helpful.
Chain snares are another one. I think they would be fun to use! but there not really needed.

just trimming off some of the upgrades you can easily gain an additional 90pts.
Also Trueborn are not troops there elites so Technically your list is illegal. So ignore my first comment as I missed some of the things you typed. like the or.

Space Elves get a pass.
Back to top Go down
><enocide
Slave
><enocide

New Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Blood   New Blood I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17 2012, 09:12

Yeah I figured the list would be somewhat of the sort :/ so I guess what I could do is cut down on some of the upgrades, get rid of the trueborn, and put in another unit of kabals?

Slave
><enocide

New Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Blood   New Blood I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17 2012, 09:14

How many troops do I need for a 1500 pt army to be legal? That's the only thing I couldn't find out on the net.

Hellion

New Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Blood   New Blood I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17 2012, 09:30

2 troops for any kind of points may it be 500 or 10,000pts... its in your codex and a standard thing for all armies. Making this list illegal, trueborn are elites.
Back to top Go down
><enocide
Slave
><enocide

New Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Blood   New Blood I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17 2012, 09:33

guess I'll switch them out with regular kabals... thanks paxter!

Slave
><enocide

New Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Blood   New Blood I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17 2012, 09:36

or... what if I split the 10 kabalites into 2 groups?... idk i'll have to reconstruct the list. Thanks for the info pax

Hellion

New Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Blood   New Blood I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17 2012, 10:05

you could some people go with 5 warriors + blaster in a venom + xtra splinter cannon
Back to top Go down
paxter
Hellion

New Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Blood   New Blood I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17 2012, 10:09

my advice is, from my experience i personally wont suggest decking out every single unit there... every unit of yours is like over 200 pts... thats pretty heavy investment. Normally i would suggest you think what roles each unit is suppose to do... and then stick to them. If you do that you can start trimming down those points and eventually you will have enough to even make more troop units.

Also bare in mind although you want to kill the enemy in one slap, manytimes that is inadvisable as you will leave your expansive unit expose to enemy fire. I would gear them up just enough for their role and not a penny more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Blood   New Blood I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Blood
Page 1 of 1