THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1750 pt tournament list. very first try!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
hellbunny
Slave

1750 pt tournament list. very first try! Empty
PostSubject: 1750 pt tournament list. very first try!   1750 pt tournament list. very first try! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19 2012, 00:56

Hello, my friends. This is my very first post. I used to play dark eldar back in the long long ago (south park reference) when i first started playing. i was in the 6th grade and i traded my yu-gi-oh cards to get them. that was 12 years ago. wowza!

Anyway, since the new figs came out ive wanted to paint them. so. i got a bunch of stuff in a trade. here is the list i came up with.

HQ – 155
Baron – xxx

Haemonculus – xx

Elites – 462
Incubi – 170
5 incubi – xxx
Raider – xx

Trueborn – 146
3 strong – xxx
3 blasters - xxx
Venom w/ 2 cannons – 65

Trueborn – 146
3 strong – xxx
3 blasters - xxx
Venom w/ 2 cannons – 65
Troops – 620
Hellions – xxx
15 strong – xxx

Wyches – 190
9 strong –
Hydra guantlets – xxx
Agonizer hexatrix
Raider -

Wyches – 190
9 strong – xxx
Hydra guantlets – xxx
Agonizer hexatrix
Raider - xxx
Fast – 162
Reavers – 81
3 strong – xxx
Blaster – xxx

Reavers – 81
3 strong – xxx
Blaster - xxx

Heavies – 315
Ravager – xxx
Ravager – xxx
Ravager – xxx

I left the xxx instead of base point values for obvious reasons. Here is my problem with the list. NO WARRIORS!!! Sad
I love the warriors but they dont have a place in my list at this point. problem is i got a bunch of hellions in the trade and ive made a pretty spiffy figure for the baron.

My plan, at this point, is to ine the ravagers in the back with the wyches and incubi ready to try to get a first turn charge off. the reavers will turbo boost for tank kills, as will the blasterborn. The haemon would chill with the incubi or wyches depending on the mood. Hellions are there to be fun to play with. hahahaha. truthfully i just really love the hellion figs. but that unit is a hefty 345 pts. wowza. no bueno.

So here is my list of haves if you want to change the list:

1 archon
1 haemonculus
1 wych character (its the special character)
1 baron
10 incubi
40 warriors (3 blaster, 3 shredder, 3 splinter cannon, 3 dark lance, 3 agonizers, the guy i got em off of went nuts. hahaha)
30 wyches (3 of each special weapon and 3 agonizers)
15 hellions
3 raiders
3 ravagers
2 venoms
6 reavers

help me my friends. for i need help. redundant. but whatever.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: 1750 pt tournament list. very first try!   1750 pt tournament list. very first try! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19 2012, 02:46

If you wanted to get some Warriors into the mix you could do so pretty easily by sacking the RJBs - Warriors can do everything those bikes do, but do it better and be a scoring unit at the same time. We're still the same as the old dex - you don't want to skimp on the troop selections.
Back to top Go down
foeofnight
Hellion
foeofnight

PostSubject: Re: 1750 pt tournament list. very first try!   1750 pt tournament list. very first try! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19 2012, 05:00

Don't under estimate the hellions. That 15 man unit with the baron can do just about anything at that points level.
Heres what I do...

-Start the haemy off with the hellions. Turn one move the heamy away from that squad.(1paintoken)

-Get a cheap 3 man unit of wracks and start the baron with them. Move the baron out of that group baron has (1pain token)

-Move the baron into the hellion squad. Now the squad has a 3+ cover save, furious charge, feel no pain and a crap ton of shots and attacks. They have combat drugs too so if you roll anything but a 1 they are really really powerful.
Thats how I run my hellions.

-In my experience... Drop the incubi.
5 arent going to do a whole lot and they dont have grenades for the charge.

-Blasterborn are always nice.

-With the wyches I would recommend getting some haywire grenades.
If you dont do the above tactic with the hellions I would get to Haemies and stick one in each wych squad.

-Jetbikes I personally havent liked my games with them. Im all about the scourges now. But if you run jetbikes I recommend units of 6 with 2 special weapons. Much more survivable.

-Last thing I could recommend would be to get flickerfields on those ravagers... For 10pts they have saved my paper gunships way to many times.

I love hellions, Lots of people dont like them because they do to many things not so well. But with the right kit out they become so nasty. Once you get that 3rd pain token on them they are unstoppable.

Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: 1750 pt tournament list. very first try!   1750 pt tournament list. very first try! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19 2012, 14:51

+1 for Thor while I champion Reavers alot around here, you are seriously lacking troops (even if one is green goblin deathstar) The problem being is that your 3 troops are going to be assaulting, leaving nothing to capture your objective. I drop the reavers and get 5 warrriors w/ blaster in a raider if I was you. Although you might want to look into wracks to get your pain token shenanigans going on as well...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1750 pt tournament list. very first try!   1750 pt tournament list. very first try! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1750 pt tournament list. very first try!
Page 1 of 1