THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1750 Tournament List

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
icedan
Slave

1750 Tournament List Empty
PostSubject: 1750 Tournament List   1750 Tournament List I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10 2012, 14:59

Alright, big tournament this Saturday (June 16). My first with DE. Have played a few games with them, but limited exp. Help is appreciated, but I'm using pretty much everything I have:

Archon w/ Blast Pistol, Agonizer, Ghostplate, Shadowfield, Combat Drugs, PGL
joins
4 Incubi, Klaivex in Venom with Night Shields

Baron Sathonyx
joins
10 Hellions, Helliarch w/ Agonizer

5 Truborn w/ 4 Blasters in Venom with Night Shields, Retrofire Jets

10 Wyches, Hek, Agonizer, Hydra Gauntlet, HWG in
Raider, Night Shields

10 Wyches, Hek, Agonizer, HG, HWG in
Raider, Night Shields

6 Reavers, 2 Cluster Caltrops

Razorwing, Flickerfield, Night Shields

Talos, Add Weapon, Chain Flails, TL Heat Lance

1750 exactly. Only models I have left to switch are 1 Haemonculus/Ancient, 10 Wyches and a Raider
The tourney takes paint into account, so I'd rather not include the last 10 Wyches and their Raider, they're only primed, but the Haemmy is painted.
Thanks for the imput!
-Icedan
Back to top Go down
Enfernux
Wych
Enfernux

PostSubject: Re: 1750 Tournament List   1750 Tournament List I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10 2012, 15:33

where does the archon go? 4 incubi, klaivex is 5, venom can only transport 5 models, so the archon cant be 6th. If one of tose incubi IS the klaivex - rational thinking Razz - then 3 incubi, klaivex - sorry, bein' a harars Very Happy . But why the klaivex?
why so few troops?
reavers with custer caltrops? grav talons are better, but id say go with heatlances if you want to gring them.
why only nightshield on the raiders? ff better imho.
talos? this isnt a foot army.
why 5 trueborn if they can only have 4 spec weapons? the Blasterborn's job is to pop vehicles and that last one with a poisoned weapon wont do much damageto vehicles - for poison cant do damage to vehicles.

if these are the models you have...well then i can't help you, sry :S
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/enfer.nux?ref=tn_tnmn
Grumpy Kwi
Nightmare Doll on the Loose
Grumpy Kwi

PostSubject: Re: 1750 Tournament List   1750 Tournament List I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10 2012, 15:56

I like your list but I will tell you what I would do if I was going to play it.

My suggestions will be based on you having these models and no others.

icedan wrote:
Archon w/ Blast Pistol, Agonizer, Ghostplate, Shadowfield, Combat Drugs, PGL

I do not think he needs the ghost plate so I would drop it.

Quote :
4 Incubi, Klaivex in Venom with Night Shields

The squad really doesn't need a Klaivex but I got no problem with him if you want to try him out. I think the venom should have the extra splinter cannon.

Quote :
Baron Sathonyx
joins
10 Hellions, Helliarch w/ Agonizer

I like, when they start on the board in a rush list then I would look to add more bodies so most players would say this is a little small.

Quote :
5 Truborn w/ 4 Blasters in Venom with Night Shields, Retrofire Jets

I think the list needs more troop choices so this where I hate to say they need to be warriors. Venoms need the extra splinter cannon. If you insist on running them as trueborn then you really do not need that 5th body, drop him/her.

Quote :
10 Wyches, Hek, Agonizer, Hydra Gauntlet, HWG in
Raider, Night Shields

If you are going to run them at 10 I like the extra wych weapon. I also like flicker fields on raiders in combo with the nightshields.

Quote :
6 Reavers, 2 Cluster Caltrops

In a rush list I like this unit to have the 2 heatlances or 2 blasters - main reason however is that you only have 2 heavy choices and I feel the bikes are filling in that role to be more of an anti-armor threat (not an anti-infantry role as you got it now, that is what the wyches are for).

Quote :
Razorwing, Flickerfield, Night Shields

I like but a ravager would also do well here - if you got the model one and not the other then this is fine.

Quote :
Talos, Add Weapon, Chain Flails, TL Heat Lance

I am torn with the talos setup. I believe that the talos should have a haywire blasters when you use them in a rush list. The additional range of the blaster allows it to possibly hit something on the first turn where the heatlance will have a tougher time getting into range to really utilize it. I am also not a big fan of the additional ccw but there is really nothing wrong with it other than the price.

Quote :
the Haemmy is painted.

You would need 60 points to include this guy with a liquifier which I like in this list but I think you need the 4th troop choice more.

Back to top Go down
Enfernux
Wych
Enfernux

PostSubject: Re: 1750 Tournament List   1750 Tournament List I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10 2012, 16:25

i'm glad theres someone with an attitude to support the existing ideas Very Happy i sure as hell aint like that.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/enfer.nux?ref=tn_tnmn
icedan
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1750 Tournament List   1750 Tournament List I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10 2012, 17:13

Ok, I think I can get those wyches and their raider painted this week...
After some advice here's what I've come up with:

The Kabal of the Dripping Dagger

HQ
Archon Kyrax, Blast Pistol, Agonizer, Combat Drugs, Phantasm Grenade Launcher, Shadow Field
with Incubi 160

Baron Sathonyx 105

Elites
4 Incubi 88
Venom, Night Shields, Splinter Cannon 75

4 Kabalite Trueborn, 4 Blasters 108
Venom, Night Shields, Retrofire Jets 70

Troops
10 Wyches, Hydra Gauntlets, Haywire Grenades , 160
Hekatrix, Agonizer
Raider, Flickerfield 70

10 Wyches, Hydra Gauntlets, Haywire Grenades, 160
Hekatrix, Agonizer
Raider, Flickerfield 70

10 Wyches, Hydra Gauntlets, Haywire Grenades, 160
Hekatrix, Agonizer
Raider, Flickerfield 70

10 Hellions, Helliarch, Agonizer 185

Heavy Support
Razorwing, Flickerfield, Night Shields 165

Talos Pain Engine, Twin-Linked Heat Lance 110

1756- 6 points over... not sure what to drop. I have a couple 5 point options, but that doesnt really help...
Thanks again!
-Icedan
Back to top Go down
Ghosttrain23
Hellion
Ghosttrain23

PostSubject: Re: 1750 Tournament List   1750 Tournament List I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12 2012, 04:59

I would drop both nightshields on the venoms.(They already come with FFs) I personally haven't seem them work as much when you need the venoms to get close to enemies anyways. The archon and incubi need to get close to combat, and truborns at least 18 " to shoot. And in my experience, they haven't saved my venoms from much.

With those extra 20 pts, that become 14 pts since you were 6pts over already, you can either get another trueborn with splinter rifle for the trueborn squad, or add another special weapon to one of the wych teams,. Or give two shatterfield missiles to the razorwing. Aside from small changes like that, nothing else i could see that you can do. Taking in consideration your restrictions to available models.

Good luck in the tourny!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1750 Tournament List   1750 Tournament List I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1750 Tournament List
Page 1 of 1