THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Goonhammer's mathhammer article on Dark Technomancers

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

Goonhammer's mathhammer article on Dark Technomancers Empty
PostSubject: Goonhammer's mathhammer article on Dark Technomancers   Goonhammer's mathhammer article on Dark Technomancers I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26 2021, 16:32

https://www.goonhammer.com/hammer-of-math-quick-hits-on-paragon-warsuits-and-dark-technomancers/

It could have been pretty useful.. if the author had not completely misinterpreted the rules for Dark Technomancers. The author read the rule as inflicting mortal wounds for every 1 rolled to hit, rather than 1 (or 1d3 for vehicles/monsters) MW per weapon if *any* 1's are rolled to hit. I made a comment to that effect, but it hasn't been approved, so I don't know if they're going to acknowledge the mistake and/or fix their tables.

Edit: My comment was approved, along with others who pointed out the same thing.
Back to top Go down
sekac
Wych
sekac

PostSubject: Re: Goonhammer's mathhammer article on Dark Technomancers   Goonhammer's mathhammer article on Dark Technomancers I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26 2021, 18:34

Huh. Yeah not very useful, unfortunately. Not much time was spent on the offensive capabilities of it. I would've liked to see comparative data between different weapons. All of the adverse effects which is the majority of the article, needs to be disregarded.

One thing that I've found interesting is the prevalence of Black Heart as the chosen obsession for raiders--even back when people were spamming wracks. My theory is the re-roll to hit makes people feel more confident despite it being mathematically inferior on damage output. I have nothing in particular to support that other than I feel better with re-rolls too, but it's just a hunch.

If not that, then perhaps the inability to play LFR on DT Raiders or maybe they really do value the advance+charge on turn 1. In my current list, I run 1 BH raider and the rest are DT. The turn 1 charge is a good tool to have in certain instances, but I feel I get diminishing returns by leaning into it. I also rarely play LFR on Raiders. A clever opponent will just switch fire to a different raider or it just won't make a difference because the gun they're using is gonna smoke em anyway.

So I prefer the dark techno lances because they average more damage than any other lance.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Goonhammer's mathhammer article on Dark Technomancers   Goonhammer's mathhammer article on Dark Technomancers I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27 2021, 12:23

Goonhammer articles are generally Gold, but this one seemed a bit of a flop.

Just a wall of numbers, that even my engineer brain just went "nope" upon viewing.

Pretty interesting concept, just wish it was more "relevant" instead of all math theory and charts. ie: DT Dissies are better than a regular lance against ____ target under ___ scenario.

I do hope they continue to put out articles like this, just a little more user friendly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Goonhammer's mathhammer article on Dark Technomancers   Goonhammer's mathhammer article on Dark Technomancers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Goonhammer's mathhammer article on Dark Technomancers
Page 1 of 1