THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Poisoned Claw Returns

Go down 
+8
kizzdougs
mot666
MasterofPuppets
The_Burning_Eye
rider
Baron Tordeck
Xelkireth
Preacher
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

The Poisoned Claw Returns - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Poisoned Claw Returns   The Poisoned Claw Returns - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 16 2012, 23:59

I love the scourge models too, I've got ten of em waiting to be painted, love the metallic effect you've got going on though, with the basic silver washed over with that slightly brassy look it's really good.

Here's an idea for your razorwing base, casualties based on your missile loadout? I'm thinking headless corpses for monoscythes, plague zombie type things for necrotoxins etc.

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: The Poisoned Claw Returns   The Poisoned Claw Returns - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 17 2012, 03:29

Really digging the Dracon with de-chained stunclaw. Your army is shaping up nicely! Twisted Evil

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: The Poisoned Claw Returns   The Poisoned Claw Returns - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 17 2012, 10:12

Awesome looking wings - everything on those latest guys, actually! It would look even better, though, if they got bases...

@The_Burning_Eye: I like that idea about monoscythes causing decapitation - shatterfields could perhaps cause splintered statues of ice?

Painted: 2263pts

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down
SmallVictory
Hellion
SmallVictory

PostSubject: Re: The Poisoned Claw Returns   The Poisoned Claw Returns - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 18 2012, 20:40

Really like your color scheme, your wyches on the first page made me think of a Joker henchman squad out to kill Batman with the purple armor and green hair. Those purple wings were a nice choice too, this is the kind of army that really stands out on the tabletop.
Back to top Go down
Preacher
Kabalite Warrior
Preacher

PostSubject: Re: The Poisoned Claw Returns   The Poisoned Claw Returns - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 25 2012, 20:11

Well it seems I'm in another manic productive mood so it must be time for another randomly timmed update.

@Burning_Eye
Cheers Burning Eye. The metalics were something of an accident but since then I've been getting better at controlling where everything flows. My one concern is I use GWs old Flesh Wash Ink to make the effect and I'm slowly running out. I'm not sure how devlan mud or whatever is in the latest range will work to replace it. In fact that Flesh Wash Ink springs up in far too many places in my armies... scratch

@ESE. That Dracon/Syberite is possibly my favourite model in the whole army. Everything on him just "worked" the way it was supposed to.

@Saintspirit...About those bases, I have actually based a lot of these models now but haven't got any up to date pictures. I will try and get them for the next update but I have noticed if I say something is in the next update I never manage it. Rolling Eyes

@SmallVictory. I hadn't noticed the Wyches and their link to the Jokers henchmen but now I can't not see it. Cheers for the awesome compliment. (I can't help but picture the Hekatrix offering a challenge of "Excuse me, Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moon light?"). Just to add to it, the Archon/Succubus I've just finished to lead the Cult reminds of Shredder from TMNT.

Also cheers to everyone for the basing suggestions for the Razorwing. At the moment I've just gone for industrial ruin due to budget restraints but all the ideas were so awesome I'll have to find a way to fit them all it. May be trying some green smoke for the Necrotoxin missles soon as I was already toying with the idea of making "flares" to represent the bombarments in my Tyrants Legion.

So now, to try and break with tradition, some of things I promised were going to be in this update!

The Sicariid Brotherhood- *Access Restricted to servants of the Broken Sting Coven*
The Poisoned Claw Returns - Page 2 IMAG0934
The Poisoned Claw Returns - Page 2 IMAG0936
The Poisoned Claw Returns - Page 2 IMAG0939
The Poisoned Claw Returns - Page 2 IMAG0938

I would really like some feedback on these guys because I really can't decide whether I should redo them or not. Firstly let me get it off my chest to start with, I'm not a huge fan of finecast. I don't go along with all this "failcast" nonsense and I don't mind bendy weapons or air bubbles too much, they can be fixed. For me the issue is that any paint job I do onto it always seems chalky and ink never sits well on them. Is this just me? I must admit I've used some of the newer paints on some other finecast models and the effects seem lessened.

My issues with them beyond the finecast is a matter of how many colours I can get away with in one army. The green skin kind of works on them, but its the colour I normally use to pick out details. This has left me with two fairly dark, similar, colours to use to pick things out. I have tried an alterant scheme for them, which is not only easier to paint but I think looks better on individual models. But there again is the issue, individual models. The alternt scheme uses a bule colour for the skin, but I'm not sure if this then detracts from the army as a whole.

Unfortunettly I haven't got any pictures of the blue scheme, but I've done something similar on my mandrakes (lovely metal mandrakes) so hopefully you can see the difference.
The Poisoned Claw Returns - Page 2 IMAG0357-1The Poisoned Claw Returns - Page 2 MandrakeBlueCrop

So really what I'd like to ask is, should the Wracks stay green and if so what do you think I could do to improve them? Or should they blue?

Thats about it for tonights update. If I don't end up babysitting the niece tomorrow I'll try for another update then.

To rule in hell is only the begining..."

Lady No'ki Vankar, Kabal of the Poisoned Claw
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: The Poisoned Claw Returns   The Poisoned Claw Returns - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 25 2012, 22:01

I think the green is too much, I'd be tempted to go with green as the cloth colour. If you want to tie them into your other units I'd go for a purple washed flesh colour, almost like reversing the colour scheme from your kabalites.

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

PostSubject: Re: The Poisoned Claw Returns   The Poisoned Claw Returns - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27 2012, 16:46

Good to see you back and posting.

I Luv the green on the Wracks.

The Poisoned Claw Returns - Page 2 Youdaamrg
Back to top Go down
http://garness.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Poisoned Claw Returns   The Poisoned Claw Returns - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Poisoned Claw Returns
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2