THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Klaivex Conversion

Go down 
+2
Saintspirit
Xelkireth
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Xelkireth
In Exile

Klaivex Conversion Empty
PostSubject: Klaivex Conversion   Klaivex Conversion I_icon_minitimeTue May 31 2011, 11:39

Poached from BoLS Lounge.

VulkansApprentice wrote:
I am now fantically obsessed with incubi. I'm code-naming them "blenders" because they slice and dice, and the longer you leave them at it stuff just turns to goo.

Awesome models, but fairly limited in your options based on the three poses of metal(yuck) figures. I had to have proper klaivexes (klaivi? klaivii?), and the answer stared me in the face after assembling the hellion pictured below.

It still never ceases to amaze me how far Jes Goodwin hit it out of the park with this model line; it might not be obvious at first glance, but you truly can make just about everything out of the kits.

So to start, the pieces of the incubi models are obviously the biggest limiting factor. Because of how the hands are put onto the klaive and most of the arm is on the body, you don't have much to work with cutting the hands out. The arms/klaive below give you the most arm (and thus are the easiest to work with.) Cut as shown and clean the hands up as much as you can. Drilling out the holes is a very delicate process. I started with a 1/32 dremel bit, then 3/64, then finally 1/16 (wiggling it a little bit for some extra room). I held the arm with a pair of pliers for better grip (and because the metal gets hot when you drill it). If you start with too big a hole it can be very hard to get the hole you want and not drill out the wrong part.....starting small I had no problems with it. Incubi pieces prepped.

Klaivex Conversion ARMS

On the glaive I cut out the piece on the right of the picture first, where the obvious handle ends. I then matched up the blades and cut the smoother part of the shaft at the base even with the other handle, so as to have them the same length.

Klaivex Conversion GLAIVE

The smoother handled one slides in like *butta*; the ridged handle might require some finagling, but with a 1/16 hole wiggled around a bit it shouldn't be too much trouble. Once the knives are securely glued into the hands you don't have a huge range of poses, but there is room to explore. Here's the two I made.

Klaivex Conversion POSE2
Klaivex Conversion POSE1

Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

Klaivex Conversion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Klaivex Conversion   Klaivex Conversion I_icon_minitimeTue May 31 2011, 12:08

Looks nice, I might try that out, though I'd probably modify the demis so that it appears they can be clasped together.
Back to top Go down
Archon
Kabalite Warrior
Archon

Klaivex Conversion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Klaivex Conversion   Klaivex Conversion I_icon_minitimeTue May 31 2011, 20:03

Awesome!!! May I also suggest removing the head and adding the horned head from the new Archon blister? I'm totally going to be making my own, thanks for posting!
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

Klaivex Conversion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Klaivex Conversion   Klaivex Conversion I_icon_minitimeTue May 31 2011, 21:22

It's not mine. Hence the "poached from BoLS Lounge".
Back to top Go down
Amanita
Slave

Klaivex Conversion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Klaivex Conversion   Klaivex Conversion I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22 2014, 08:37

I just used this tutorial on one of the finecast incubi I got for Christmas, and he turned out pretty well, though I might tweak his arms a bit before I paint him.
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

Klaivex Conversion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Klaivex Conversion   Klaivex Conversion I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 11 2014, 14:13

Hey there, instead of writing a new thread, I thought, I'd rather reactivate this one.
I'm searching for parts to convert them into a demi glaive, but more like that one,
Drazar wields in the DE codex. Does anyone has an idea, what to use?
Back to top Go down
thesaltedwound
Sybarite
thesaltedwound

Klaivex Conversion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Klaivex Conversion   Klaivex Conversion I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 11 2014, 15:42

http://www.thedarkcity.net/t9286-my-dark-elves

Just saw this thread about a dark elf army, and I thought the "Bo Guard" sergeant guy (not sure of WHFB honorifics) has a sword that might have exactly the blade you're looking for
Back to top Go down
http://Www.bakeframes.bigcartel.com
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

Klaivex Conversion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Klaivex Conversion   Klaivex Conversion I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 11 2014, 15:48

On the first look, yes. I have to see it in the shop. Looks a bit big though...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Klaivex Conversion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Klaivex Conversion   Klaivex Conversion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Klaivex Conversion
Page 1 of 1