THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Need help for 500 points - Fun Tournament

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
CK4E
Slave
CK4E

Need help for 500 points - Fun Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Need help for 500 points - Fun Tournament   Need help for 500 points - Fun Tournament I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 20 2013, 14:07

Commorragh's residents,
I greet you from far away. I come from a planet called Germany. Because we drink so much beer, my english is very bad. And I had to ask the holy machine for translation. You know the machine under the name of *the IMPERATOR*. We call him *Google*.

Okay ... Joking Very Happy 

I will participate in a few days at a fun tournament. As visible in the subject the potential enemies are: "Eldar, Imperial Guard, Grey Knights, Tau, Necrons". The rules for the tournament are small: 500 points, logically only one list, no fliers, wysiwyg;

Now my question: Could you list me a few suggestions?

I have the following items available:

• 1 Archon
  • 1 Haemonculus
  • 3 Real-Borns
  • 5 Incubi
  • 10 Kabalite Warriors
  • 10 Wyches
  • 2 Raiders
  • 9 Reavers
  • 1 Cronos

Thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Need help for 500 points - Fun Tournament   Need help for 500 points - Fun Tournament I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21 2013, 04:16

500 pts? I can make you a quick list or 2

1X Haemonculus - Venomblade, Liquifier Gun
9X Wyches - 2X Hydra Gauntlets
1X Raider - Enhanced Aethersails, Flickerfields
Pt:255

5X Kabalite Warriors - Darklance
Pt: 70

5X Kabalite Warriors - Darklance
Pt: 70

3X Trueborn - 2X Darklances, 1X Blaster
Pt: 101

496 PT

This list is designed for cover, if you don't have much cover, then I probably wouldn't use it

next list

1X Archon - Shadowfield, Venomblade, Soul-Trap, Combat Drugs
5X Incubi
Pt: 225

5X Warriors - Splinter Cannon, Blaster
1X Raider - Flicker Field
Pt: 130

5X Warriors - Splinter Cannon, Blaster
1X Raider - Flicker Field
Pt: 130

505 PTS if you need to be at exactly 500 or less, take off one of the Raider's flickerfields, this list is designed to get up in their face and take them out. It may not look it, but there should be enough Anti Tank for 500 pts, and a ton of Anti-Infantry.

anyways, that's all I got for you.

P.S the first list is probably the best one of the two, but only use it if you know you'll have atleast 2-4 ruins on each table, or just tons of forests or hilly areas to hide in
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Need help for 500 points - Fun Tournament   Need help for 500 points - Fun Tournament I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21 2013, 04:35

now that I think about it, If you bought 2 venoms, I could make you a 750-1250 pt list
Back to top Go down
Azrael
Slave
Azrael

PostSubject: Re: Need help for 500 points - Fun Tournament   Need help for 500 points - Fun Tournament I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21 2013, 04:54

HQ
Haemonculus

Troops
1 x 5 Warriors
2 x 5 Wyches w/ Haywire Grenade & Disintegrator Cannon Raider

Fast Attack
2 x 3 Reavers w/ 1x Heat Lance

Total Points - 491 meaning you could add a Shock Prow or something else onto a unit.

This list will give you 4 Anti-tank options, 2 Anti-marine options, and some generic AI.

Edited for spelling.

Coven of Unrelenting Madness

0-0-5 (Yes those are losses)
Back to top Go down
CK4E
Slave
CK4E

PostSubject: Re: Need help for 500 points - Fun Tournament   Need help for 500 points - Fun Tournament I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21 2013, 08:43

Thanks to both of you.
Both lists look really good.
Unfortunately I made a mistake in my information. I thought I get the Haemuclus and 5 Incubi before the tournament. That will not work because of supply problems. For that I got last night 5 harpies. So I got:

• 1 Archon
  • 3 Real-Borns (two with dark lance)
  • 10 Kabalite Warriors (one with splinter cannon)
  • 10 Wyches (with two tormentors / so i could play 2 x 5 Wyches)
  • 2 Raiders (both with dark lance)
  • 5 Harpies (not yet assembled)
  • 9 Reavers (three Heat-Lance)
  • 1 Cronos

Would be great if you still have a few ideas ...
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Need help for 500 points - Fun Tournament   Need help for 500 points - Fun Tournament I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21 2013, 17:55

ok, so let me think.... with that you have no cheap hqs

Archon - Venomblade, Clone Field
5X Wyches
1X Raider
Pt: 195

5X Warriors - 1X Blaster
1X Raider - Disinigrator Cannon
Pt: 120

5X Warriors
Pt: 45

3X Trueborn - 2X Splinter Cannons, 1X Shard Carbine
Pt: 61

3X Reavers - 1X Heatlance
Pt: 78

All in all its 499 points, if you get the Archon squad up they should take out most 500 pt army units. As for the Reavers, you'll want to rush them up and focus on 2+ armour HQS -if you see any-
The 3 Trueborn and 5 Warriors will hide behind cover while the 5 warriors in a raider ride up and shoot things

Remember, the Vehicle can fire at a separate target then the passengers, always useful to know.

Not having a Haemonculus at 500 pts could be tough, but meh, the Archon still works if kitted out very carefully. Anyways, good luck with the tournament, please give us the results Very Happy

Also, is it a 4ft X 4ft board? or is it the full 4ft X 6ft? Usually the 4X4 works better for smaller games
Back to top Go down
CK4E
Slave
CK4E

PostSubject: Re: Need help for 500 points - Fun Tournament   Need help for 500 points - Fun Tournament I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 22 2013, 08:46

I do not know what 4ft x 4ft means. Oh! Now I understand: ft = feet. In Germany we do not know this unit. Only the Warhammer-40k-players use the measure of "inches". We play on a board with 48 x 48 inches.

I like the "Archon" list. But should the Haemunculus arrive before the tournament (tomorrow), I will play one of the "Haemunculus lists". I agree with you: At 500 points a Archon is harder to play.

Thanks for the list and for the congratulations for the tournament. I will definitely report how things went.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Need help for 500 points - Fun Tournament   Need help for 500 points - Fun Tournament I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 22 2013, 09:29

ok here,
12 inches - 1 foot
so the board is yes, 4 feet X 4 feet, or as you put it 48 inches X 48 inches

as for the lists, that Archon list might do well, I made him as effective as possible for as little as possible,  which means he is 90 points

can't wait for results :DI assume it is Friday where you are (It's Friday here, but 3:24 am) so the tournament is Saturday.... alright!

Remember, with the Archon List, the 3 Trueborn are very good at wiping out the Guard squads, and wounding whatever else

The Dissinigrator Raider can kill a guy a turn, make sure it's an expensive guy!

The Archon squad should focus on another expensive squad

Reavers and Warriors with Blaster should kill Anything in 500 points, unless someone brought a necron overlord, 2 squads of 5 warriors, and a monolith -OWWWWWW-

The regular 5 warriors, they should hide in cover on an objective, or just hide in cover and shoot stuff.

That's all I got for you! Post replies! Off to bed now for me Very Happy

-don't read unless you want to waste 5 minutes of your life-
If your wondering why I'm up so late it's because my gaming shop wants to charge 5 dollars an hour to use their tables for magic and 40k (not on Friday and Saturday nights though) because of many reasons, which I actually am 100% ok with, because, the 5 dollars also lets you have 2 free drinks (and it is 5 dollars for 1 table, not per person, so 1 drink each) but one of my friends is throwing a fit because he qoes in way to much during the week and plays magic all day because he has no life, and doesn't buy anything even though It's a shop, not a hangout, (I take that back, it is a hangout, but only on the days people should show up for events) But if your like me, and you spend 1-3 dollars an hour their or more, then it doesn't matter, also... I do half the work there for our employees, Our Manager is very lazy and when he is in only plays WoW or paints miniatures, the Owner is always in meetings or busy, and the two other guys who work there, work when they can, one of them I usually help all of the time so I should get by with the table thing. For examply, I keep our 40k room clean, I help keep the magic stuff sorted, and other random things such as moving stuff, for example, only one of the employees and I are going to be moving all the stuff from our 40k room to another room that is covered with the Manager's junk, because it's a double room that offers more space and play time. and basically, we will be moving 1-2 150 pound stands, a lot of garbage bags, we will be vacuuming, air freshening, and then moving some 100 pound tables, a couple 50 pound boards, and some more tables, all the wall posters, all the terrain, vacuuming, and yeah... it's a mess there at the moment
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need help for 500 points - Fun Tournament   Need help for 500 points - Fun Tournament I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need help for 500 points - Fun Tournament
Page 1 of 1