THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

QQ on Dedicated transports & independent characters

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
lonewolf5d
Hellion
lonewolf5d

QQ on Dedicated transports & independent characters Empty
PostSubject: QQ on Dedicated transports & independent characters   QQ on Dedicated transports & independent characters I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20 2012, 22:03

yet again my Tau buddy decides to pit his army against mine. in the middle of the slaughter, which i gotta give him credit for.

the question arose when i tried to let my HQ board a raider, while having been separated from the unit the dedicated transport was fielded with ( say Kwarriors)
can it be done? without the unit that paid for the transport to begin with?
for that matter, can u board a raider with the HQ 'THEN", board it with its warriors just after, or would i have to consolidate and join the HQ to board as one?
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: QQ on Dedicated transports & independent characters   QQ on Dedicated transports & independent characters I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20 2012, 22:24

Pg 67 of the core rulebook is where the answers to both of these questions you had can be found.

lonewolf5d wrote:
the question arose when i tried to let my HQ board a raider, while having been separated from the unit the dedicated transport was fielded with ( say Kwarriors)
can it be done? without the unit that paid for the transport to begin with?
Yes.
The only rule about a dedicated transport is at *the start of the game* no unit other than the one that bought it (plus attached ICs) is allowed to *start* on it.
After the game has begun it's just a transport and can accept passengers who aren't dedicated to it.

lonewolf5d wrote:
for that matter, can u board a raider with the HQ 'THEN", board it with its warriors just after, or would i have to consolidate and join the HQ to board as one?
You can do it both ways.
If an IC is in a vehicle then another unit enters it he auto joins with them.
Back to top Go down
SirTainly
Sybarite
SirTainly

PostSubject: Re: QQ on Dedicated transports & independent characters   QQ on Dedicated transports & independent characters I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20 2012, 22:26

Thor beat me to it...

>>

An independent character may board any vehicle provided there's a) enough room for him b) if there's a unit in the vehicle when he joins it, he is allowed to join that type of unit. The reason is, any IC within 2" of a unti at the end of movement is considered joined to that unit. It doesn't matter who originally owned the transport, in fact any unit (unless unti specific rules apply) can hop into any other of their armies' transports.

Back to top Go down
http://fortwargame.blogspot.com/
lonewolf5d
Hellion
lonewolf5d

PostSubject: Re: QQ on Dedicated transports & independent characters   QQ on Dedicated transports & independent characters I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20 2012, 22:47

thought as much, ty guys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: QQ on Dedicated transports & independent characters   QQ on Dedicated transports & independent characters I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

QQ on Dedicated transports & independent characters
Page 1 of 1