THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

My Wych Cult

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
PurpleSuccubus13
Slave
PurpleSuccubus13

My Wych Cult Empty
PostSubject: My Wych Cult   My Wych Cult I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03 2012, 09:30

The Story behind my Cult:

When Astrubel Vect rose to power, the Wych Cult of the Ancient Knives was outraged. How could a boy, let alone one that had once been enslaved, have supreme power over all of the Dark Eldar? The Cult turned to their leading Archite, Hammandulereth Taiper, for solutions.

Hammandulereth summoned all her Raiders, and they bore the Succubi and Wyches and Hekatrixes to a remote corner of the labyrinthine Webway. There, Hammandulereth re-built the Cult of Ancient Knives in a new face, she organised raids and, after ridding the daemons of a precious Daemon Prince, carved an intricate skull from bone. She revealed her beautiful Tattooed Skull to the Cult. There the Cult was re-born in a new name, and with it, a new faith. And so the Wych Cult of the Tattooed Skull was born, fully believing that the famed Tattooed Skull was the prophesised Whispering Arc, and that all Males were lower than them.

Each member of the Cult swore an oath, the Purple Oath, and in doing so was named a Purple Sister and given a Sistermark, a purple tattoo on their left shoulder. Hammandulereth also gave nine of her most diligent followers the honour of becoming a Violet Sister, a high Succubus. These were Vanmeer Heladrieth, Aesha Caahn, Cardina Villess, Eweneth Poiser, Yarmandeth Innagler, Randeeth Clammar, Inneth Sheen, Zelisha Scar and Leilan Tamisha. She also named Vanmmer and Aesha her Skull Givers, a higher rank above even their Violet Sisters. She re-named her Hekatrixes Skull Bearers, and she the Lilac Mother.

The Wych Cult of the Tattooed Skull is a flourishing Cult, but completely lone-standing, meaning that all the resources they have are gained from constant raiding. Nevertheless, the Purple Sisters are alive and kicking, the Lilac Mother taking DNA from each of her followers to create new members, and constantly developing, raiding and fighting.
The Arenas of the Tattooed Skull are great tourist attractions, bringing Dark Eldar from all over to their tiny corner of the Webway, and they make money by selling bone pendant tattooed skulls, slim vials of their deadly Purple Venom and carved bones. They take pride in their arenas, but also the technology they have, having developed their own Splinter Rifle technology and have their own version of Kabalites, Sulken.

The Purple Sisters tolerate the other Dark Eldar, but have always had a craving for the Forbidden Prize: the great chair in High Commorragh, and Astrubel Vect’s end. They thoroughly despise the Kabal of the Black Heart, and have been known to ‘lose’ co-ordinates from time to time.

What do you think of my Cult?
Any other Succubi out there that want to tell me about their Cult?
Please post here!
Back to top Go down
PurpleSuccubus13
Slave
PurpleSuccubus13

My Wych Cult Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Wych Cult   My Wych Cult I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03 2012, 09:48

OOOOOOOHHHHAAARRGG! I've just realised: this is completely the wrong section for this! Is there a way to move it? Sorry! Sad
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

My Wych Cult Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Wych Cult   My Wych Cult I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03 2012, 10:29

This isn't the wrong section. It's history of an army so it fits perfectly well in here. Smile

Roughly, how big is your Cult? I imagine that they have to be rather large seeing as there are ten Succubi, although I do have couple of questions:

1. If they see all males to be lower than them, and do not include them in their ranks, do they still use men in their 'Sulken'?

2. When they raided the Daemons, did they take any back to the Webway?

3. What kind of Daemon were they? Khorneate, Slaaneshi, Tzeentchian, Nurgleishous .etc.

You have a really awesome backstory and, as always, it's good to find somebody whose army fled cunningly in stead of bowing straight to Vect.

This is rather inspiring, if I'm honest. Awesome job! Very Happy
Makes me want to write about my Wyches more! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
PurpleSuccubus13
Slave
PurpleSuccubus13

My Wych Cult Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Wych Cult   My Wych Cult I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03 2012, 13:54

First, thanks for the appreciation of my backstory, I was really pleased with it and am glad somebody likes it.

Second, your questions:

1. They don't use men in their Sulken, they are an all-girl Cult Very Happy

2. Maybe one or two, just because its the kind of thing Dark Eldar do

3. I hadn't thought of that, probably Slaaneshi, considering the grudge Dark Eldar have, but the deamon's skull shape won't have affected the Tattooed Skull because it was carved out of a legbone or something. In fact, I actually have a minature-scale version of the Skull which was inspiration for my Cult.

Third, my Cult is pretty big, but not so big that if all of The Kabal of the Black Heart rained upon them they couldn't scarper pretty quickly. I couldn't give you exact figures however, because I'm not sure how big other Cults are.
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

My Wych Cult Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Wych Cult   My Wych Cult I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03 2012, 18:40

Well, I know some Cults are rather large, but then others, like my own, only have between forty and two hundred members at a time because of being elitist and overly murderous. Twisted Evil

Thanks for answering my questions, by the way.
Back to top Go down
Chaeril
Sybarite
Chaeril

My Wych Cult Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Wych Cult   My Wych Cult I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03 2012, 19:53

You might want to check out my backstory, perhaps we could mesh storylines, always great fun!

http://www.thedarkcity.net/t3029-void-scorpions
Back to top Go down
PurpleSuccubus13
Slave
PurpleSuccubus13

My Wych Cult Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Wych Cult   My Wych Cult I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11 2012, 09:04

Yes, that sounds like a good idea, my Cult could easily be the Cult/Kabal you mentioned you traded with... we have good supplies of 'Purple Poison' and our own version of Kabalite technology... we could even do genetically modified clones for you.

Bonus points, we both ...disapprove... of Vect, vital if we are to be allies.

P.S
I like your outrageous yellow colour sceme and, in my defence, we have A LOT of purple, not just purple inserted around the black.

P.P.S

Don't worry about small numbers, I have only COMPLETED:

-A Razorwing,
-Hammundulereth Taiper
-1 or 2 Wyches

Saying that... I have got assembled (Blue = Basecoated):

-9 Wyches (that means not all of them are basecoated)
-10 Wyches
-10 Sulken
-10 Sulken
-3 Sulken SkullBearers
-3 Reavers
-1 Wraithlord+ Reaver Parts into Talos Conversion (partially painted)
-Raider (minus crew0
Back to top Go down
PurpleSuccubus13
Slave
PurpleSuccubus13

My Wych Cult Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Wych Cult   My Wych Cult I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11 2012, 09:18

For those who have no idea what Chaeril's Cult is about:
(She wrote this not me! i'm no where near that good at writing loads!)

Engaging in Commorragh politics is a risky business, as Chaeril, leader of the wych cult 'Void Scorpions', learnt time and again during the ages. As the heir to a now extinct Commorragh noble family, she harbours her quest for revenge against Asdrubael Vect as a sweet poison hidden behind an undying smile. Chaeril had to become an expert in reinventing herself, in order to survive. Even though she never managed to strike a direct blow against Vect, she has keenly sharpened the martial wits of herself and her cult during thousands of years. As Vect is a supreme master in subterfuge and espionage, Chaeril's only true success is hiding her noble ancestry from those who might use this fact against her. A matter which serves as a slow cancer, eating Chaeril up from within, for her wits, her charms and her smile are but a thin shield to hide her endless hatred for those that rule Commorragh.

In public eyes, Chaeril seems an adamant supporter of the Commorragh status quo, seemingly aloof, vain and only interested in the gladiatorial games in which her Void Scorpions have remained a top ten contestant for over a millennium. However, through endless layers of shadows and ploys, Chaeril obsesses over ways to kill Vect and bring a new golden age to Commorragh's nobility. As such, the Void Scorpions are always observing the galaxy for ways to secretly disturb the balance of power. The cult maintains ties to all manner of embittered Dark Eldar and Xenos outcasts and pirates, and after Chaeril has considered hundreds of ploys and diversions, moves and countermoves, she might lend her cloaked support to this or that attempt for a rebellion or a coup.

Recently, however, things went wrong, and Chaeril had to diverge quite a lot of resources to eliminate a Scourge spy loyal to Vect who had managed to link the Void Scorpions to a failed uprising. Even though the matter seems resolved at this point, Chaeril realises that the game she plays cannot be won through supporting incapable contenders to the throne. More active measures are needed. Perhaps a lesson in xenos subterfuge is what is truly needed – learned outside of the stale and ritualized power games of Commorragh.

Behind a veil of boredom, the Void Scorpions have thus withdrawn their name from the gladiatorial roster for a season to take their battle to the stars in an extended training mission. Their target: the hive world of Necromunda. There, only a few decennia before, the local ash waste nomads had won a series of stunning victories against the Necromundan armoured divisions, using no more than crude meltabombs and camo-cloaks to hide themselves in the endless ash wastes. After major uprisings against the governor, both within the hives and the wastes, one mon'keigh officer had managed to stem the tide by gaining the allegiance of the underhive gangs and the ash waste nomads alike. His 'reward' had been to lead a perpetual campaign under the flag of the Necromundan Expeditionary Forces, meant to see all these unruly rebels die for the glory of the Imperium. Chaeril is fascinated by the stories of this 'Nomad Legion', since, even though they suffered horrible losses, the Legion managed to win battle after battle using all manner of unconventional tactics and methods of guerrilla warfare.

Xenos mercenaries, outcasts and prisoners have made it clear to Chaeril that this man, brigadier general Alexander, now an old man, has been recalled to Necromunda for his final retirement. Knowing that this man has a soft spot for independent elements in the hives and the wastes alike, Chaeril wil lure him out by playing guerrilla warfare against the experts, striking deep into hives and wastes alike. All captives will be brought to Commorragh to appease the masses in the arenas. But the ultimate goal is to capture both this brigadier general Alexander and his nomad ally, the so-called 'Cardinal of Ashes', to pry them open for their secrets. And who knows, perhaps the hive world of Necromunda can be disturbed once again into open rebellion, to learn more about hit and run and scorched earth tactics - lessons which might be valuable in the next ploy against Vect.
The first action of succubus Chaeril was a critical intervention on Ariadne, a fringe world nominally belonging to the Imperium, which, because of its isolated position, had a free hand in piracy while 'forgetting' to pay its tithes. After years of lawlessness, the Imperium finally intervened and sent in a regiment of pirate hunters to clear away this threat.

As the planet was almost overrun by the Imperial troops, Chaeril made a deal with its leadership, to regularily pay a smaller tithe of able-bodied men and women to fight for her instead, in exchange for protection and the continued independence of the planet.

As the Ariadne troops dug in for a last stand, the eager Imperial troops advanced. But they were caught in the rear unaware by Chaeril's wych cult, cutting down its command structure first, and forcing the survivors to surrender.

After this limited campaign, Chaeril offered the prisoners to a coven which desperately needed more bodies to experiment on. The deal: a steady supply of slaves, and no questions asked, in exchange for the 'improvement' of the Ariadne conscripts for her growing army. Implanting wired reflexes, replacing the eyes by cybernetic augmentations, adapting the skeleton so as to fit in kabalite armour, and last but not least, messing with the centres of the brain responsible for loyality, rebellion and free will, in order to bind the xenos troops to Chaeril's command without question (a sheer impossibility if she had procured the help of a Kabal instead, for no archon ever does anything without wanting something in return Chaeril would not be willing to give).

Next, to gain access to Kabalite weaponry. A bitter gang warfare between a kabal and a hellion gang had been going on endlessly. As the kabal was loyal to Vect, and the hellion leader difficult to control in any case, a plot was concocted: Chaeril would use the attack of the hellion gang on kabalite warriors defending weapon manufacturies to seize control of the necessary armour and splinter rifles to outfit her new xenos warriors. For this, she convinced an ambitious rival hellion gang to strike at a factory and disappear with its contents after killing all slaves and personnel there. The blame would be put squarely on the first hellion gang, as Vect and his cronies would undoubtedly retaliate after the factory was dismantled. The loot would be split equally between the second hellion gang and Chaeril's cult, and after both the loyalist Kabal and the indifferent first hellion gang were taken a peg down, both Chaeril and the second hellions would profit for little loss - better still, without anyone knowing. .

And so it happened... The strike was a complete success, and the street levels engulfed in hellion and kabalite blood both during the following crackdown. After the first hellion gang was completely butchered, the second gang seized on the power vaccuum and took its hunting grounds for its own.

On the asteroid belts in the Ariadne system, Chaeril built a training center for her new troops with the help of a banished Dark Eldar corsair prince. In no time, her close combat oriented gladiator cult was augmented by a growing cadre of xenos mercenaries almost equalling Kabalite warriors in marksmanship. Better yet, nobody asked any questions, least of all the xenos themselves: their blank, now neon-green cybernetic eyes betrayed no other ambition than to fight, kill and die for the Void Scorpions...

Back to top Go down
Chaeril
Sybarite
Chaeril

My Wych Cult Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Wych Cult   My Wych Cult I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11 2012, 12:15

Hehe, cool to see my backstory copypasted!

My inspiration comes somewhat from the movie 'Tron', so yes, that yellow is outragious :-)
Back to top Go down
PurpleSuccubus13
Slave
PurpleSuccubus13

My Wych Cult Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Wych Cult   My Wych Cult I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11 2012, 17:14

Must watch Tron sometime...
Back to top Go down
Chaeril
Sybarite
Chaeril

My Wych Cult Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Wych Cult   My Wych Cult I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11 2012, 17:14

PurpleSuccubus13 wrote:
Must watch Tron sometime...

If you play a witch cult, yes you must! :-)
Back to top Go down
PurpleSuccubus13
Slave
PurpleSuccubus13

My Wych Cult Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Wych Cult   My Wych Cult I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13 2012, 08:55

*eyes light up with glee*

is it

GORY?
Back to top Go down
Chaeril
Sybarite
Chaeril

My Wych Cult Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Wych Cult   My Wych Cult I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13 2012, 09:09

PurpleSuccubus13 wrote:

is it

GORY?

It's Hollywood, so no... But it is inspiring.
Back to top Go down
VoidDragon
Slave

My Wych Cult Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Wych Cult   My Wych Cult I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15 2012, 15:51

Wow. Sounds like I have a lot of work to get my Kabal/Cult's fluff up to the same level of back story.
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

My Wych Cult Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Wych Cult   My Wych Cult I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15 2012, 15:57

VoidDragon wrote:
Wow. Sounds like I have a lot of work to get my Kabal/Cult's fluff up to the same level of back story.
Don't worry about it, fluff develops with time. First it starts off with a name, then you think 'This would be cool, how can I relate that to my kabal?' Then you get more and more detail and soon it becomes as awesome as things like this. Twisted Evil
You can expect your fluff t change constantly, though, as I have been developing my Kabal's story for the last four years and it has changed a lot. The release of a new codex didn't help. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
PurpleSuccubus13
Slave
PurpleSuccubus13

My Wych Cult Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Wych Cult   My Wych Cult I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15 2012, 07:51

Very Happy

My cousins are developing their fluff too! one playone plays lotr and the other plays 40k Tau, but they both are constantly developing their fluff.

Chaeril Wrote:
"PurpleSuccubus13 wrote:

is it

GORY?

It's Hollywood, so no... But it is inspiring."

Ah, no gore... i guess it might be a good thing, i generally go a bit OTT when it comes to gore Twisted Evil , and then regret it later Evil or Very Mad ... and end up starting again Evil or Very Mad ... and then go OTT on gore Twisted Evil ... and so on. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My Wych Cult Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Wych Cult   My Wych Cult I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Wych Cult
Page 1 of 1